Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
JamieB
fluffy_kittens
Jorlung
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Cam
dena
Glen Miller
Uncle John from Jamaica
Forest
AndItsKoren!
Zzonked
Theo Filippo
Jordi
SBSP
Novi
Kuled
20 posters

Luiz Adriano

Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Luiz Adriano - Page 2 Empty Re: Luiz Adriano

Post by Jorlung Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am

Disgusting.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:04 am

Luiz Adriano charged by UEFA after controversial goal at Nordsjaelland

Shakhtar Donetsk forward Luiz Adriano has been charged by UEFA following his controversial goal against Nordsjaelland.

The extraordinary incident followed a stoppage in play when a Nordsjaelland player was injured during their Champions League match in Denmark.

Adriano enraged Nordsjaelland players and fans by racing to collect team-mate Willian's kick downfield, which was intended for the home goalkeeper.

The Brazilian striker ignored watching defenders, dribbled around the 'keeper and shot into an empty net, to the astonishment of all, even his own team-mates.

UEFA says it opened a disciplinary case against him for "violation of the principles of conduct" in Tuesday's match in Denmark.

The case will be judged next Tuesday.

Adriano's goal made it 1-1, and he eventually scored a hat-trick in a 5-2 win that made sure Shakhtar advance to the last 16.

"Their striker didn't get it," Nordsjaelland captain Nicolai Stokholm said. "I looked down at my armband and there's something about respect. It has to be said we didn't see much of that.

"We thought that they would give us a goal. Half their team seemed to think so too, but the other half didn't."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8265912/?
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:55 am

Wtf, it should be up to a player if they want to be a sportsman or not. If the game is stopped by the referee then it should be a drop ball, if it's kicked out by a player then it should be up to the other team if they want to give it back or not.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:15 am

Alright, so I just saw the play from the beginning and the "injury" that caused the drop ball was actually a dive (or embellishment, whatever) by a player who was holding his face when Adriano checked him in the midsection, so who is really in the wrong here?
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:47 pm

how can you charge a player about the unwritten sportsmanship laws
    JamieB
    JamieB

Supports : Manchester United

Post by JamieB Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Jordi wrote:
    Templeton7|RFC wrote:

The chrome extension?
    Yeah, adblock, with the red octagon with a hand inside it.

Had no idea about this.

Thank you not worthy
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:42 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:how can you charge a player about the unwritten sportsmanship laws

UEFA money towards fairplay campaigns being shit on, thats how.

Also UEFA's tournament, they can do whatever they want or Shaktar (unlikely)/Luiz(likely) never play European again. The question really is if they can charge him on anything in their contracts/terms

People do tend to forget that UEFA is not something publicly owned, your tax money doesn't go to them. Its not that European football wouldn't be possible without them, but there really is no changing that after the decades anything european and football being organized by them.

I think its fair, but i have my doubts that UEFA really will take more than an official statement from Shaktar and/or Luiz about this. Its not Racism (small fine) or underpants advertisements (big fine)
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Post by Muhkoo Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:15 am

Templeton7|RFC wrote:Luiz Adriano charged by UEFA after controversial goal at Nordsjaelland

Shakhtar Donetsk forward Luiz Adriano has been charged by UEFA following his controversial goal against Nordsjaelland.

The extraordinary incident followed a stoppage in play when a Nordsjaelland player was injured during their Champions League match in Denmark.

Adriano enraged Nordsjaelland players and fans by racing to collect team-mate Willian's kick downfield, which was intended for the home goalkeeper.

The Brazilian striker ignored watching defenders, dribbled around the 'keeper and shot into an empty net, to the astonishment of all, even his own team-mates.

UEFA says it opened a disciplinary case against him for "violation of the principles of conduct" in Tuesday's match in Denmark.

The case will be judged next Tuesday.

Adriano's goal made it 1-1, and he eventually scored a hat-trick in a 5-2 win that made sure Shakhtar advance to the last 16.

"Their striker didn't get it," Nordsjaelland captain Nicolai Stokholm said. "I looked down at my armband and there's something about respect. It has to be said we didn't see much of that.

"We thought that they would give us a goal. Half their team seemed to think so too, but the other half didn't."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8265912/?

Luiz Adriano suspended for one match

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1899812.html

Luiz Adriano - Page 2 644235

Fitting punishment, although they are as safe as they can be to go through Luiz Adriano - Page 2 207657
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:51 am

What a disgrace from UEFA, not Adriano (well him too). Fining a player and banning him for a match for doing something totally legal?
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:54 am

He shouldn't have been punished in the first place, it's ridiculous. The fact this incident happened shows how stupid the rule is, from now on it needs to be the ref who stops the game for a serious looking injuries only. From then on, the player must wait until the ball is out of play to receive treatment, if the ball is kicked out then the other team play on like normal.

Tell me why players who kick the ball out for a goal kick aren't punished when the team originally had the ball within 30 yards of the goal.

Fucking ridiculous.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:54 am

UEFA have lost all my respect for that.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:26 am

They should be concerning themselves with more pressing matters, such as Luis Suarez' disgusting on field behaviour. Rolling Eyes
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Post by Muhkoo Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:41 am

AndItsKoren! wrote:He shouldn't have been punished in the first place, it's ridiculous. The fact this incident happened shows how stupid the rule is, from now on it needs to be the ref who stops the game for a serious looking injuries only. From then on, the player must wait until the ball is out of play to receive treatment, if the ball is kicked out then the other team play on like normal.

Tell me why players who kick the ball out for a goal kick aren't punished when the team originally had the ball within 30 yards of the goal.

Fucking ridiculous.

What does that have to do with anything, this was from a dropped ball, it was not kicked out of play for a throw in or a goalkick, the ref stopped the play after Nordstrand had been knocked down while Nordsjælland had the ball, because the ref stopped the play without the ball going out it becomes a fairplay situation.

Some of the comments here are so thick its almost unbelievable. Just almost.

UEFA for once reacts on something that the ref stupidly let slide. Is it illegal in the Fifa football law, no. But it is against everything UEFA campaign for with respect and fairplay and so it is great that they have reacted. I can refer to my previous statement that the tournament is not something public and "free" like some think, this is UEFA's tournament and they are a cooperation, they could essentially fine him for spitting on the field.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:43 am

Like I said before, the player dived/embellished contact, Luiz shouldn't have been suspended.
    Alaba v2
    Alaba v2

Supports : God

Post by Alaba v2 Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Jordi wrote:UEFA have lost all my respect for that.

Theo Filippo wrote:Well that's that, I'm sure they are absolutely devastated.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Post by Muhkoo Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:45 pm

dena wrote:Like I said before, the player dived/embellished contact, Luiz shouldn't have been suspended.

You just insist on being blind? There was no reason for a dive in that situation, he was looking in the direction of the ball and ran directly into another player. A dive? Unlikely and wildly unnecessary as it broke his own teams play who had just managed to hit one up on an otherwise dominant Shakhtar team.

dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:08 pm

Not a dive, but you know what I mean, these players flop around at the slightest of contact, he's JOGGING and hits another player (contact occurs around the midsection) yet he's down holding his face. Diving/embellishment is a bigger stain on the game than what Adriano did, one happens once a year, the other once a game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Muhkoo wrote:
    AndItsKoren! wrote:He shouldn't have been punished in the first place, it's ridiculous. The fact this incident happened shows how stupid the rule is, from now on it needs to be the ref who stops the game for a serious looking injuries only. From then on, the player must wait until the ball is out of play to receive treatment, if the ball is kicked out then the other team play on like normal.

Fucking ridiculous.

What does that have to do with anything, this was from a dropped ball, it was not kicked out of play for a throw in or a goalkick, the ref stopped the play after Nordstrand had been knocked down while Nordsjælland had the ball, because the ref stopped the play without the ball going out it becomes a fairplay situation.

UEFA for once reacts on something that the ref stupidly let slide. Is it illegal in the Fifa football law, no. But it is against everything UEFA campaign for with respect and fairplay and so it is great that they have reacted. I can refer to my previous statement that the tournament is not something public and "free" like some think, this is UEFA's tournament and they are a cooperation, they could essentially fine him for spitting on the field.

No they can't, unless he spits towards a player. It's plain and simple: a player does something legal and gets punished for it by a suspension and fine. You have players diving (which is against the laws of the game) and get away with it. UEFA are ridiculous and hypocrites.
    wellz
    wellz

Supports : The Troops

Post by wellz Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:47 am

AndItsKoren! wrote:Wtf, it should be up to a player if they want to be a sportsman or not. If the game is stopped by the referee then it should be a drop ball, if it's kicked out by a player then it should be up to the other team if they want to give it back or not.

Reminds me of baseball with unwritten rules, I don't know why they don't just add it to the rule book or atleast force the players to kick it out of bounds not in play

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:29 pm