Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Bye_Ya
dena
Novi
Glen Miller
8 posters

Armstrong Stripped of Titles Among Other Things

Anonymous

Armstrong Stripped of Titles Among Other Things Empty Armstrong Stripped of Titles Among Other Things

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:11 am

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/22/sport/lance-armstrong-controversy/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Damn.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Armstrong Stripped of Titles Among Other Things Empty Re: Armstrong Stripped of Titles Among Other Things

Post by Glen Miller Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:13 am

He is a disgusting man. I just hope that Cadel and Wiggins won their titles fairly, they seem like honest riders. clap
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Armstrong Stripped of Titles Among Other Things Empty Re: Armstrong Stripped of Titles Among Other Things

Post by Novi Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:18 am

lul there is no proof. Still a Legend.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:26 am

I thought the title said, "Astronaut stripped of titles..."

I came in because I was curious as to what kind of titles and awards Astronauts could win. Nope, just some guy I barely know anything about except that he's really good at riding his bike and he beat nut cancer. Armstrong Stripped of Titles Among Other Things 4215900120
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:09 am

Glen Damon wrote:He is a disgusting man. I just hope that Cadel and Wiggins won their titles fairly, they seem like honest riders. clap

This is the dirtiest sport of all time, eventually everyone who's ever done anything will be found guilty.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:11 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:I thought the title said, "Astronaut stripped of titles..."

I came in because I was curious as to what kind of titles and awards Astronauts could win. Nope, just some guy I barely know anything about except that he's really good at riding his bike and he beat nut cancer. Armstrong Stripped of Titles Among Other Things 4215900120

Armstrong received many honors and awards, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the Congressional Space Medal of Honor, the Robert H. Goddard Memorial Trophy, the Sylvanus Thayer Award, the Collier Trophy from the National Aeronautics Association, and the Congressional Gold Medal. The lunar crater Armstrong, 31 mi (50 km) from the Apollo 11 landing site, and asteroid 6469 Armstrong[148] are named in his honor. Armstrong was also inducted into the Aerospace Walk of Honor and the United States Astronaut Hall of Fame.[149][150] Armstrong and his Apollo 11 crewmates were the 1999 recipients of the Langley Gold Medal from the Smithsonian Institution.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:33 am

Cycling okay
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:50 am

But did he do it? Lots of rumours about bribes to go against him in the past. Still not 100% convinced when he was caught later than the people he apparently doped with. Also, if I was caught, I would grass everyone else up straight away... Not wait a few years.
    neal_canuck
    neal_canuck

Post by neal_canuck Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:05 pm

If you guys really want to see circumstantial proof, I can provide so, but he not only cheated and got away with it, but he also, bribed, and even threatened people that got in his way. HE's honestly a horrible person, and basically his Livestrong group was a front. He only used it to raise awareness, ie travel around to luxurious resorts and do a quick presentation.

There are steroids in every sport though. I am very confident in that. Cycling just actually makes its sport look bad by uncovering people that have cheated, unlike Tennis, Hockey, football, etc.

SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:11 pm

It's like with Barry Bonds. Except cycling is probably even worse than baseball for doping.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:54 pm

Cycling is shit anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:29 pm