Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
chiboygeorge
LeBron
Uncle John from Jamaica
blackskar
dena
SBSP
Carlos Jenkinson
Cadbury
Cameron.
Marvin
Jayx1012
luke.
Royal
crump
Pippo
Jordi
Jord
Mouse
Sean
Walcott
Barton
Kuled
Danny
27 posters

England V France - Wembley 8pm Kick-off

Anonymous

England V France - Wembley 8pm Kick-off - Page 11 Empty Re: England V France - Wembley 8pm Kick-off

Post by Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:58 am

'Johnsons coming on he's not going to cut inside is he' *sigh*
    Anonymous

England V France - Wembley 8pm Kick-off - Page 11 Empty Re: England V France - Wembley 8pm Kick-off

Post by Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:03 am

dena wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:France is beating England? eek

Why the shock, France have better footballers, just that Domenech caused them to turn into mush.

Well yeah they have better players, but iirc they haven't been doing so great even without Domenech.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:04 am

Oh dear. Neutral

What a shit performance, the defence wasn't that bad for 90 minutes, just they had so much attacks coming at them they were bound to concede, Ben Foster should have saved the first. Neutral

Carroll might be good, and they were going on about his performance but at times he's clumsy and it's so annoying when we play him or Crouch just smashing the ball up to them, fucking shit tbh.

Crouch might have score but he's still an ugly lamp post that's shit.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:17 am

Finland 8-0 San Marino eek
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Don't take too much from this guys.

It was an exhibition match, we should've done better but we're just experimenting and in transition....plus we had a lot of 2nd string players out tonight.

Worst players for me were Walcott Gerrard and Barry. How Barry is in the squad I have no clue......he does everything half arsed and is just so negative....even when defending he's pretty bad.

Walcott wasn't using his brain at all......I cringed every time he was even involved in anything. Poor marking for the first goal, twice he had the opportunity to put Benzema under pressure but he was just assuming we would win the ball and give it to him. Poor runs, poor passes, just everything was poor.

Gerrard was just pinging around stupid speculative passes that never came off and for someone like him it's just criminal that he's doing it. He's supposed to be the best player on the pitch, but he's not showing anything to prove it. He's had some good periods for England but Gerrard's stupid passes have been happening for too long now. Why Capello hasn't told him to stop is beyond me.

I think the jury is still out on Henderson.....but I was pleased with the other new faces on the pitch. Gibbs gave Valbuena too much space for the second goal but he doesn't get a lot of football and is still learning...going forward he is really good.

Jagielka was good at right back, but not someone I want in the centre for England. Really needed Terry tonight, Jagielka was far too loose on Valbuena for that second goal.

Richards and Warnock were good. Warnock didn't have much time to prove himself but he didn't do much wrong. I think right now I'd have him over Gibbs, simply because he gets a lot of playing time and is better defensively...but still decent going forward.

Carroll was top notch and proved that he can take the step up. Ok he didn't score but the midfield were REALLY poor and didn't give him much to work with.

Bothroyd was actually ok. Decent on the ball, didn't panic and didn't really get a decent enough chance. He showed more work rate than most of the other guys, and that counts...you need people who will sweat blood for the team.

Lescott was good. He did better than expected...he's a fairly basic centre back but he won most of the balls and passed it well.....but with so many of these basic players such as Henderson, Barry and Jagielka in the midfield we were just passing it back to Foster or losing it.....not good enough.

Milner and Young were good up until the final product, which time and time again was poor.

Johnson did well and was being tripled marked...still managed to create chances and win free kicks.

-------------Hart----
    Richards--Ferdinand--Terry--Cole
    Johnson--Wilshere--Gerrard--Milner
    -----Rooney---Carroll-----------

Would work for me. Yes it's 4-4-2 but Wilshere is actually positive on the ball.....get Gerrard to stop doing stupid passes and it would work. Upfront Defoe and Crouch are good alternatives...they've both proven that they can score for England. Lampard could figure and if Gerrard can't stop smashing it then I would stick him in. Subs for wingers would be Lennon, Young, Walcott and maybe even Downing/Albrighton. They're both really on form for Villa so I'm surprised that Downing especially didn't get called up.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Nasri > life.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:54 pm

If you guys think this was bad then look at the Portugal-Spain score doh

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:56 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:If you guys think this was bad then look at the Portugal-Spain score doh

Even though Nani fucked up a Ronaldo amazing goal it would have been, Nani and Ronaldo terrorised them. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:08 am

England V France - Wembley 8pm Kick-off - Page 11 Ogcumr

I'm starting to think maybe it's not all Fabio's fault that the English NT is so unsuccessful.

These are the dimmest looking footballers I have ever seen(and considering how dim some footballers are that is saying a lot) they look like they forgot where they parked.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:13 am

BigPoppaSmurf wrote:England V France - Wembley 8pm Kick-off - Page 11 Ogcumr

I'm starting to think maybe it's not all Fabio's fault that the English NT is so unsuccessful.

These are the dimmest looking footballers I have ever seen(and considering how dim some footballers are that is saying a lot) they look like they forgot where they parked.

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 am

I think Capello is just a scapegoat to England's problems. The England fans were licking his ass when England were having a terrific WCQ campaign. They start under-performing against better opposition in friendlies prior to the WC than they faced in the qualifications and people start to slowly turn against Capello. The WC is where fans really start turning against Capello and when I look back at England's history, I think to myself, "is it really any different than under past managers"? When is the last time England won anything or reached a final?

It's great to have an optimistic view, but you need to be realistic.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:06 am

I wasn't. Wink

I've always had a problem with the way he seems to get the team to play. Now we're actually not getting the results regardless of the performance, it's being highlighted by the press.

I'd like him gone sooner rather then later.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:07 am

ahlycotc wrote:I think Capello is just a scapegoat to England's problems. The England fans were licking his ass when England were having a terrific WCQ campaign. They start under-performing against better opposition in friendlies prior to the WC than they faced in the qualifications and people start to slowly turn against Capello. The WC is where fans really start turning against Capello and when I look back at England's history, I think to myself, "is it really any different than under past managers"? When is the last time England won anything or reached a final?

Na I've always been unsure of Capello. It's not just him, the players haven't performed when they've needed to (and the officials haven't either)....but generally I didn't like anything that he did or said.

He was playing Heskey and Upson for starters......we were never going to win the World Cup by sticking Heskey into the team Neutral. The formation....the tactics......these are all things that Capello can change, but he didn't. In the end it has to come down to him...I'm not saying we would've won the World Cup but even with officials against us we should've been playing better.

Same could be said about a lot of recent managers. We've just had a lot of bad managers, and a lot of terrible officials. In the end there's so many that people can't believe it's them and just say "Na England just suck" when that's not the case.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:10 am

Luxz0rz wrote:Don't take too much from this guys.

It was an exhibition match, we should've done better but we're just experimenting and in transition....plus we had a lot of 2nd string players out tonight.

Worst players for me were Walcott Gerrard and Barry. How Barry is in the squad I have no clue......he does everything half arsed and is just so negative....even when defending he's pretty bad.

Walcott wasn't using his brain at all......I cringed every time he was even involved in anything. Poor marking for the first goal, twice he had the opportunity to put Benzema under pressure but he was just assuming we would win the ball and give it to him. Poor runs, poor passes, just everything was poor.

Gerrard was just pinging around stupid speculative passes that never came off and for someone like him it's just criminal that he's doing it. He's supposed to be the best player on the pitch, but he's not showing anything to prove it. He's had some good periods for England but Gerrard's stupid passes have been happening for too long now. Why Capello hasn't told him to stop is beyond me.

I think the jury is still out on Henderson.....but I was pleased with the other new faces on the pitch. Gibbs gave Valbuena too much space for the second goal but he doesn't get a lot of football and is still learning...going forward he is really good.

Jagielka was good at right back, but not someone I want in the centre for England. Really needed Terry tonight, Jagielka was far too loose on Valbuena for that second goal.

Richards and Warnock were good. Warnock didn't have much time to prove himself but he didn't do much wrong. I think right now I'd have him over Gibbs, simply because he gets a lot of playing time and is better defensively...but still decent going forward.

Carroll was top notch and proved that he can take the step up. Ok he didn't score but the midfield were REALLY poor and didn't give him much to work with.

Bothroyd was actually ok. Decent on the ball, didn't panic and didn't really get a decent enough chance. He showed more work rate than most of the other guys, and that counts...you need people who will sweat blood for the team.

Lescott was good. He did better than expected...he's a fairly basic centre back but he won most of the balls and passed it well.....but with so many of these basic players such as Henderson, Barry and Jagielka in the midfield we were just passing it back to Foster or losing it.....not good enough.

Milner and Young were good up until the final product, which time and time again was poor.

Johnson did well and was being tripled marked...still managed to create chances and win free kicks.

-------------Hart----

Would work for me. Yes it's 4-4-2 but Wilshere is actually positive on the ball.....get Gerrard to stop doing stupid passes and it would work. Upfront Defoe and Crouch are good alternatives...they've both proven that they can score for England. Lampard could figure and if Gerrard can't stop smashing it then I would stick him in. Subs for wingers would be Lennon, Young, Walcott and maybe even Downing/Albrighton. They're both really on form for Villa so I'm surprised that Downing especially didn't get called up.

Fuck me! How the hell do you watch the game and keep tabs on every single players performance?
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:14 am

yarnbury11 wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:Don't take too much from this guys.

-------------Hart----

Fuck me! How the hell do you watch the game and keep tabs on every single players performance?

Well you don't get to see everything and I'm sure I could've done a much more detailed report had I recorded it and played it back.

I think over the amount of time you get to see people play it's not that hard to see what they do, at least when they're on the ball or involved in chances at either end. Bad plays and good plays stick in my mind, if players are playing badly or well then I'm going to notice them more too....like whenever Barry had the ball I would be thinking "Let me guess......fucked it up"....Gerrard "Look up and ping it to the French"...Walcott "Stupid"...but players like Richards didn't do that much so I can't think of a lot really.

I am watching the players after all...that's football Laughing

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:16 am

One thing I did like about the game was when the ITV pundits were saying Walcott can't cross ect. then during the game kept constantly saying Walcott should run to the byline and cross it in Neutral

Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:20 am

ITV shouldn't be allowed near any kind of sport Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:41 am

blackskar wrote:One thing I did like about the game was when the ITV pundits were saying Walcott can't cross ect. then during the game kept constantly saying Walcott should run to the byline and cross it in Neutral

Adrian Chiles said Walcott is Bale without the crossing..

To me they're very different, Walcott is a striker and Bale is a LW/LB. Neutral

They're both quick. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:15 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:I think Capello is just a scapegoat to England's problems. The England fans were licking his ass when England were having a terrific WCQ campaign. They start under-performing against better opposition in friendlies prior to the WC than they faced in the qualifications and people start to slowly turn against Capello. The WC is where fans really start turning against Capello and when I look back at England's history, I think to myself, "is it really any different than under past managers"? When is the last time England won anything or reached a final?

Na I've always been unsure of Capello. It's not just him, the players haven't performed when they've needed to (and the officials haven't either)....but generally I didn't like anything that he did or said.

He was playing Heskey and Upson for starters......we were never going to win the World Cup by sticking Heskey into the team Neutral. The formation....the tactics......these are all things that Capello can change, but he didn't. In the end it has to come down to him...I'm not saying we would've won the World Cup but even with officials against us we should've been playing better.

Same could be said about a lot of recent managers. We've just had a lot of bad managers, and a lot of terrible officials. In the end there's so many that people can't believe it's them and just say "Na England just suck" when that's not the case.

I didn't say England sucks, but they aren't one of the best in the world either. They are a Round of 16 or a Quarterfinal type team if we are using the World Cup as a measurement. They are no top 4 team by any stretch of the imagination. On paper I would rank the following teams higher than England: Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Netherlands, Spain, France, Italy, and Portugal. I think those teams are good on the field as well with the exception of France (maybe fortunes will turn around under the new coach) and Italy. In conclusion I would rank England somewhere between 7-9 in the world.

So if you think about it, England reached a stage they were expected to reach. Germany is significantly better than England imo, so it was no surprise they defeated them. You can cry about the goal being disallowed all day, but at the end of the day, Germany won by 3 goals. You can't say for sure that England would have beat Germany had the goal been given. Although they reached the quarterfinal and lost to the better team, what I think England fans should be really upset about is the performance in the group stage. I thought England would have had an easy time against their opposition and should have finished top of the group.

So going back to my original statement, is the England manager the real problem here? Many mangers have come and gone and produced no better than Capello. Capello has also proven himself as a top manager with several clubs. I realize managing national teams might be different. I think the problem has to do with the players and the footballing system in England. The players are not fully concentrated or committed because of their personal lives getting in the way and the media reveals their personal lives and causes unrest in the England camp. How is Capello supposed to control or change that? The EPL is also hindering English growth in the sport and the clubs don't really care much for the national team's well being. As long as people have "Club > Country" mentality, England is going nowhere.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Na England just suck
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:31 pm

BigPoppaSmurf wrote:Na England just suck

Indeed. England V France - Wembley 8pm Kick-off - Page 11 279869
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:54 pm

ahlycotc wrote:I didn't say England sucks, but they aren't one of the best in the world either. They are a Round of 16 or a Quarterfinal type team if we are using the World Cup as a measurement. They are no top 4 team by any stretch of the imagination. On paper I would rank the following teams higher than England: Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Netherlands, Spain, France, Italy, and Portugal. I think those teams are good on the field as well with the exception of France (maybe fortunes will turn around under the new coach) and Italy. In conclusion I would rank England somewhere between 7-9 in the world.

Don't agree. I think with the right manager we'd be a top 6 team.

ahlycotc wrote:
    So if you think about it, England reached a stage they were expected to reach. Germany is significantly better than England imo, so it was no surprise they defeated them. You can cry about the goal being disallowed all day, but at the end of the day, Germany won by 3 goals. You can't say for sure that England would have beat Germany had the goal been given. Although they reached the quarterfinal and lost to the better team, what I think England fans should be really upset about is the performance in the group stage. I thought England would have had an easy time against their opposition and should have finished top of the group.

You can't say for sure that Germany would've won if it had been given either! Germany were the better team in this reality, but we pulled the game back to 2-2 and then anything could happen...we wouldn't be on the back foot.

You're also forgetting that teams like Italy, Portugal, France and Argentina all fell short against better teams....so why we're the worst of the best is beyond me. We should've finished top of the group, and if it wasn't for Robert Green we probably would have. But that's just how easy things change...can only blame ourselves/Capello for that.....but looking at many of the other teams group stages such as Germany, Italy, France and Spain you can't say we were the only bad ones.

ahlycotc wrote:
    So going back to my original statement, is the England manager the real problem here? Many mangers have come and gone and produced no better than Capello. Capello has also proven himself as a top manager with several clubs. I realize managing national teams might be different. I think the problem has to do with the players and the footballing system in England. The players are not fully concentrated or committed because of their personal lives getting in the way and the media reveals their personal lives and causes unrest in the England camp. How is Capello supposed to control or change that? The EPL is also hindering English growth in the sport and the clubs don't really care much for the national team's well being. As long as people have "Club > Country" mentality, England is going nowhere.

Don't agree. The media doesn't matter, the clubs don't matter, the EPL isn't hindering English growth, it's partially the players and mostly Capello. How does Capello manage it? He doesn't have to manage the media, just play the right team and the right tactics and nothing else matters. Thing is...he never did that.

When we have a manager who's good for England, our best players on the pitch and no dodgy decisions.....I will admit defeat. But that hasn't happened in at least the last 10 years, there's always been something ruining our campaign.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:56 pm

Why don't England just buy Messi.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:35 am