Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Apple vs Android vs Windows (phones)

Anonymous

Apple vs Android vs Windows (phones) Empty Apple vs Android vs Windows (phones)

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:13 am

which operating system do you like the best?

(try not to be biased towards your own phone)

for me its apple, I have just got a Windows phone and although I prefer it to android I still prefer the apple layout of things. But the windows phone is actually much better in terms of social networking and texting people. Limited apps though.
    Mal
    Mal

Apple vs Android vs Windows (phones) Empty Re: Apple vs Android vs Windows (phones)

Post by Mal Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:18 am

Android > iOS > Windows.

I own an Android and iPhone and Android is miles ahead. That's without Jelly Bean which brings a lot more too. Windows is shit imo but Windows 8 will be coming to the new Nokia's in October so I'll judge then.

I'm not even being biased by saying Android is miles ahead of Apple. iOS 6 is bringing features Android had 2 or 3 years ago. lool

Last edited by Mal on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Apple vs Android vs Windows (phones) Empty Re: Apple vs Android vs Windows (phones)

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:19 am

are you into lots of gadgets and gizmo's on your phone, Mal?

And my phone has windows 8 shifty (edit - no it doesn't facepalm )
    Juventino
    Juventino

Supports : Llorente

Post by Juventino Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:21 am

I still have a flip phone.

Apple vs Android vs Windows (phones) Ballin
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:21 am

Ed wrote:are you into lots of gadgets and gizmo's on your phone, Mal?

And my phone has windows 8 shifty

Windows 8 isn't out for mobile yet. shifty

And yes, I love gadgets. I'm studying computing, software and mobile software in September. What a Face
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:22 am

Mal wrote:
    Ed wrote:are you into lots of gadgets and gizmo's on your phone, Mal?

And my phone has windows 8 shifty

Windows 8 isn't out for mobile yet. shifty

And yes, I love gadgets. I'm studying computing, software and mobile software in September. What a Face
    that kinda explains why you love android so much then Laughing android can do all sorts of crap What a Face
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:24 am

Android all day, every day.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:25 am

iOS is good but it's just too basic. You can have some decent themes with a jailbroken iPhone but you shouldn't have to make your warranty void just to make your home screen look a bit better. And yes, Android has a lot of nerd stuff on it. smug
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:26 am

Just got 2gb worth of apps for my S3. Me gusta
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:28 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:Just got 2gb worth of apps for my S3. Me gusta

Me gusta

Another big positive is app piracy is just too easy. shifty
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:31 am

Juventino wrote:I still have a flip phone.

Apple vs Android vs Windows (phones) Ballin
    This. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:31 am

yeah, on windows there are not enough apps to pirate Twitch
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:54 am

Android.

I have no bias, im still using a Sony Ericsson w800i. All the quality "smartphones" dont seem so smart to me, they are mostly too big for what i prefer a phone to be, and the only one i like of those (Nokia Lumia 900) runs windows Mobile.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:06 am

To make it short and sweet iOS is a simple clean software good for non tech savy users while Android is an advanced and customizable system. What's "better" depends on what the user is looking for. If you aren't tech savy and just want an easy to use smartphone, iOS is for you. If you want to do several advanced things with your phone, Android is for you.

I've only owned an iPhone, but I know a lot about Android and some about Windows phones. My next phone will be Android, because I'm big on advanced technology and customizability. The upcoming Windows 8 phones sound promising. They aren't as good as Android yet, but they seem to be going in the right direction. I don't like the whole Metro theme though.

Also, I really hate Apple for what they are doing right now with the whole Apple v Samsung lawsuit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:09 am

You STILL haven't got the S3? The fuck man?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:12 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:You STILL haven't got the S3? The fuck man?

I was going to, but I left for Egypt before it came out in the USA. I can get it now, but I don't want to splash $600 on an unlocked phone at the moment. And seeing as I don't live in the USA anymore, it's pointless to get it for $200 with a 2 year contract.

I'll just wait until later this year to see my options. I'll have more money then too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:20 am

So I'm looking forward to comparing the iPhone 5, Galaxy Note 2, and the new Google Nexus phone later this year. I hope the next Nexus phone beats or at least matches the Galaxy S3 in hardware. If it does, I will get it.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:30 am

Samsung posted this to their Facebook with the wrong caption. Looks like what could be the Note 2.

Apple vs Android vs Windows (phones) Samsung-Galaxy-Note-2

Egde to edge screen. Surprised

Then again there's no home button, unless they removed the physical button. Would be weird having the 'Samsung' logo as the home key.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:33 am

I don't like edge to edge screens. When I hold the phone, I sometimes accidently touch the screen even on my iPhone. So I would imagine an edge to edge screen would be worse.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:49 am

We'll find out what it's like August 29th. hahaaa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:27 am