Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Jordi
Cam
dena
Danny
Trent
Mouse
Jordan Henderchip
El_indian
12 posters

Gaming with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Gaming with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Empty Gaming with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

Post by El_indian Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:49 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/26/gaming-with-obsessive-compulsive-disorder

This is a very interesting article and it's quite funny reading some of the comments:

-All cases of games must remain perfect, as does the booklets, and if a $20+ strag. guide gets even a spec of water on it, i have trouble getting over it.

-I cannot do one thing wrong in a game..it must be the perfect way to beat the game. Ie.. Mass Effect series, and going back to ME1(again) to have the perfect save file, then playing through ME2(again) and doing the same, and finally opening up ME3..some 4 months later after buying it.

-Buying every GTA game every made, including GTA:IV on all 3 platforms, so i could have 0 npc kills.0 saves, never being arrested, no missions redone..ect, and all at 100%. (ocd was so bad i bought 3 versions of the SE of both 360/PS3 at launch)

-Trying to rent/buy/play every game released on all 3 platforms(360,PS3,PC), so i'm not missing anything in the gaming industry.

If I've played an RPG for 30+ hours, only to realize that I forgot something so frivolous as a potion in a chest, I start the game over again. I don't enjoy it all that much Sad but I HAVE to.

It must suck to play RDR w/ OCD.I mean having to loot everybody and check EVERY chest aaaannnddd complete all the stranger missions...

Heavy Rain killed me inside, after every scenario, I had to play it again and again until I had experienced every possible outcome and interacted with every possible object.

I have acute OCD and I replayed certain parts of Heavy Rain dozens of times if I felt I "didn't get it right." For some reason I even thought I could save the little boy in the beginning if I found him in time. I literally wondered through the mall dozens of times trying to save him from getting hit...Loved the game, but man did it get repetitive for me...

omg RDR... every time a huge animal crosses my path, I have to kill it, get off my horse, skin it, then ride my horse till another crosses my path. O.e

btw: My ocd was so bad i put 200hrs+ into a perfect GTA:IV and EFLC matched up storyline..perfect everything, until i ran over one npc(i must have O kills for npc's), and did not have multiple saves.

rofl

It's funny because I have done a few of these things before.

- I would look after my cases and booklets ensuring they wouldn't get damaged.

- I've also done the GTA thing that a lot of people seem to mention - I would drive perfectly and try to act like a normal dude (stopping at the lights etc.) and if I awkwardly ran into a wall/crashed into somebody/ran over somebody I would restart my save rofl

I did this a little bit in heavy rain (by reloading chapters):
    play it again and again until I had experienced every possible outcome and interacted with every possible object.
    Eventually I got sick of dat shit once I finished it the first time.

luckily I don't play a lot of these open-world games like Skyrim (having to open every drawer and cupboard Laughing) and I don't usually replay games, so over time I forget about it. Also I never go after 100% unless it's a GTA game.

I don't do this shit anymore though (maybe I still have a minor case of it shifty) but it is funny reading about people doing these things. It's funny because as one of the comments mentions, it is all so frivolous.

i.e I can now drive down the road running over everybody in my path on my way to my next mission and I don't give a shit. Great success thumb
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Gaming with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Empty Re: Gaming with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:25 pm

I drive carefully if I play Grand Theft Auto
    Anonymous

Gaming with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Empty Re: Gaming with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:36 pm

Chip wrote:I drive carefully if I play Grand Theft Auto

This.

+ On FIFA, if I start a new save and I miss out on a player to buy, then I start it again to make sure I get him. The saves got to be perfect in the sense of having the players I want Laughing
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:02 pm

Thinking about it I do check every cupboard on skyrim Laughing Can't be missing shit.
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:14 pm

Mouse wrote:Thinking about it I do check every cupboard on skyrim Laughing Can't be missing shit.
    I do this also. I'm worried that if I miss one cupboard out there might be something really good in there.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Yeah same, there never is though Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:11 pm

I have an issue with checking the option settings. shifty
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:39 pm

That is nuts. Laughing

Worse it is for me is how my games are lined up together, I like them grouped up in stuff like sports games, age ratings, game series, whether the side of the box is a custom one or a normal generic white one with black writing. Annoyed me when all the Assassin's Creed were just white with black text until Revelations, looks out of place. Dry Smile

I don't like getting second hand games/DVDs when they haven't taken care of the box etc.. Probably not OCD though. shifty
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:40 pm

I havent completed a video game since 2009. Fuck OCD.

I STILL DONT' KNOW HOW MGS4 ENDS
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Danny wrote:That is nuts. Laughing

Worse it is for me is how my games are lined up together, I like them grouped up in stuff like sports games, age ratings, game series, whether the side of the box is a custom one or a normal generic white one with black writing. Annoyed me when all the Assassin's Creed were just white with black text until Revelations, looks out of place. Dry Smile

I don't like getting second hand games/DVDs when they haven't taken care of the box etc.. Probably not OCD though. shifty

I hate that, I swear i'm the only person on earth who takes care of the box Neutral
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:53 pm

I know, I don't see how you can fuck up the plastic, have it half torn off the box and have shitey stains on them. Laughing
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:23 am

I have to collect everything on Fable. It's disastrous if I don't.
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:26 am

I hate when people don't put the disc back in the box.
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:28 am

Chip wrote:I drive carefully if I play Grand Theft Auto
    I always do this but I don't know why lmao
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:37 am

Can't stand buying a pre-owned game with a scratched disc or a battered game case.

Holding the case to the light and seeing the previous owner had used it as a coaster is always nice, I never buy pre-owned games anymore.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:47 am

This kind of thing really puts FIFA into perspective.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:33 am

crump wrote:Can't stand buying a pre-owned game with a scratched disc or a battered game case.

Holding the case to the light and seeing the previous owner had used it as a coaster is always nice, I never buy pre-owned games anymore.
    Pre owned games are the shit, for old ones at least.

Same for DVDs too. I got Batman Begins for 33p + P&P. Box is in superb condition, haven't watched it yet though. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:21 am

I love hearing all little significant things like this about people, makes me happy I'm not the only one who does stupid shit.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:46 am

|Bent|9 wrote:I love hearing all little significant things like this about people, makes me happy I'm not the only one who does stupid shit.

Like the FM imaginary press conferences shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:02 am

Cam wrote:
    |Bent|9 wrote:I love hearing all little significant things like this about people, makes me happy I'm not the only one who does stupid shit.

Like the FM imaginary press conferences shifty
    What do you mean? I don't have FM
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:14 am

I think it's where you interview yourself.

I used to do it with FIFA. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:16 am

Glad I'm not the only one who does stupid shit then. rofl
    Juventino
    Juventino

Supports : Llorente

Post by Juventino Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:04 am

Gaming with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Tumblr_m00bccsKR41qjp921
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:18 am

Every game must be 100% complete.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:00 am