Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
ResurrectionRooney
Laurencio
Theo Filippo
Sean
Forest
9 posters

Is football a natural talent or something that can be taught

Anonymous

Is football a natural talent or something that can be taught - Page 2 Empty Re: Is football a natural talent or something that can be taught

Post by Guest Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:54 am

|Bent|9 wrote:
    Forest wrote:

My great Uncle was the Derby Captain during the 70's, made his debut at 16 v Liverpool and was part of the team that won the 1st Division. His debut was when Clough was manager too. Made 420 appearances for Derby. None for England though, just a couple of Under 21 caps. Arsenal were the only club that tried to sign him but he didn't leave Derby as they were actually good back then. His brother (my grandad) was apparety considered a better player an was in the Derby youth team but never made it as a pro die to a serious leg break. Their dad (my great grandad) also played for Derby post war in the 50's early 60's. Made over 400 appearances but I think Derby were Championship/League 1 standard at this time.

Name?
    Steve Powell

HIS three appearances in the season as a 16-year-old included an amazingly mature performance at right-back in the crucial victory over Liverpool in the final game.

Powell, a midfielder or defender, had become the club’s youngest-ever player earlier in the season when he featured against Stoke City in a Texaco Cup tie.

His father, Tommy, had been a distinguished Rams player and Steve, born in Derby, made 420 appearances for the club.

Father and son sit side-by-side in the all-time list of appearances.
    Anonymous

Is football a natural talent or something that can be taught - Page 2 Empty Re: Is football a natural talent or something that can be taught

Post by Guest Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:18 am

Gatsby wrote:James Milner isn't a league 1 player or something Laughing

Yeah, But hes shit.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:32 am

You're a stupid cunt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:02 pm