Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thousands of Salvadorians "serenade" Mexico's football team.

Anonymous

Thousands of Salvadorians "serenade" Mexico's football team. Empty Thousands of Salvadorians "serenade" Mexico's football team.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:12 pm

This is right outside Mexico's hotel room. El Tri visits El Salvador for tomorrows Concacaf Qualifier.

In case you can't make out what they are saying it's "Hijo de puta"

Spanish for "Son of a whore."
    Anonymous

Thousands of Salvadorians "serenade" Mexico's football team. Empty Re: Thousands of Salvadorians "serenade" Mexico's football team.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:43 pm

this is awesome, looks to be not violent at all and just banter.

srs though, its cool how carnival like it all is. If it were england they would be bricking the hotel windows and all sorts.
    Anonymous

Thousands of Salvadorians "serenade" Mexico's football team. Empty Re: Thousands of Salvadorians "serenade" Mexico's football team.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:39 am

That's probably going to happen after Hernandez puts two past their keeper. Thousands of Salvadorians "serenade" Mexico's football team. 3925848005

A few Concacaf countries are quite hostile. Visiting places like Cuscatlan and Azteca can be hell for opposing teams.

Add to that the poor condition of fields in Centro America and the Carribean and it's not the cakewalk you'd expect for the likes of the Mexico and the US.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:02 am

Salvi fail Laughing Mexico's players couldn't even hear them laugh
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:11 am

This game could get complicated. People underestimate El Salvador's progress in the past 3-4 years. Not to mention that the Cuscatlan (45k) is more intimidating than the ~110,000 Azteca. It's not even the intense atmosphere, it is the fear I imagine every Mexican player experiences for their live.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:19 am

Yeah, I think they are better than Canada now.(even though Canada beat them recently, but Mexico has beaten much better teams in their history but that doesn't mean they were better than them. shifty)

I think right now Concacaf probably ranks;

1. Mexico
    2. USA
    3. Costa Rica
    4. Honduras
    5. El Salvador
    6. Panama
    7. Canada

The last three can flip flop a bit, and it's not really set in stone, 3 and 4 the same thing but between each other, sometimes Honduras is better and sometimes Costa Rica is better, I favor the latter though since they are more technical and less brutish.

Wait, I forgot about Guatemala. I can never figure them out, sometimes they are good and sometimes they are a disaster. Pescadito is the life of that team though so maybe it depends on his form. Haven't seen them play in a while though.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:27 am

Costa Rica is better than Honduras. Honduras are just a strong team with a player or two that can make a difference. Like you said, Costa Rica are more technical and even more now with Campbell.
    I would probably say that the reggae boyz are ahead of Guatemala, and level with Panama and Canada.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:06 am

Forgot about Jamaica. Sometimes, they are really good like the last gold cup and then they aren't that great. They got cheated out of the gold cup by Jermain Jones though. Cry

Speaking about the big Islands, Trinidad and Tobago are a shadow of their former selves.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:26 am