Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
menalawyerguy
Kuled
Keyser Söze
The Zlatan
Eternal Witcher
Glen Miller
Yrael
Juvendinho
Paulinho
El_indian
Jord
Jorlung
SophisticatedBeggar
Mustangt125
ResurrectionRooney
Mouse
Phadunkin Donuts
dena
Zzonked
Ra's al Ghul
Childish Logic
25 posters

Game of Thrones Thread

Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Game of Thrones Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Game of Thrones Thread

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:43 pm

I hope those two fucking hacks Benioff and Weiss die in a fucking fire.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:29 pm

Book spoiler

Spoiler:
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:18 am

The only thing that bothered me was the change to Tyrion+Jaime, other than that it was a good episode. I don't really care about that other thing that wasn't in there, never liked that story arc anyway.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:46 am

The absence of that thing is the least of my problems. There was so much wrong with this episode even though it should have been one of the strongest in the history of the series. Those frauds Benioff and Weiss have no fucking regard whatsoever for these books. I think they've only read online summaries of the events that take place in them and decided to fill in everything in between with stuff they've invented from thin air.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:57 am

I'm actually really pissed about how they handled Tyrion and Jamie, that moment is character defining for the BOTH of them... and they mucked it up. Jesus. 

Also, Bloodraven "A thousand eyes and one" DOESNT MAKE SENSE WHEN HE HAS TWO EYES Sad
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:04 am

dena wrote:I'm actually really pissed about how they handled Tyrion and Jamie, that moment is character defining for the BOTH of them... and they mucked it up. Jesus. 

Also, Bloodraven "A thousand eyes and one" DOESNT MAKE SENSE WHEN HE HAS TWO EYES Sad

On the bright side, we did get an army of skeletons and fireballs. Who cares about character development when you have such riveting action?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:13 am

I try to forget about those parts of Game of Thrones and concentrate on the parts that aren't total shit. Immortal kids shooting green fireballs, skeletons and tree people fall into the latter category. If the first season had contained so much of this fantasy shit it would never have been renewed.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:26 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I try to forget about those parts of Game of Thrones and concentrate on the parts that aren't total shit.  Immortal kids shooting green fireballs, skeletons and tree people fall into the latter category.  If the first season had contained so much of this fantasy shit it would never have been renewed.

Pretty true. The dragons are a good addition and the white walkers too. Other than those, everything else is pretty borderline. It's a slippery slope after that. The lord of light prophecy stuff is okay, but then you fall into giving the other gods power to balance it out and that's how you end up with immortal kids.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:07 am

Zzonked wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I try to forget about those parts of Game of Thrones and concentrate on the parts that aren't total shit.  Immortal kids shooting green fireballs, skeletons and tree people fall into the latter category.  If the first season had contained so much of this fantasy shit it would never have been renewed.

Pretty true. The dragons are a good addition and the white walkers too. Other than those, everything else is pretty borderline. It's a slippery slope after that. The lord of light prophecy stuff is okay, but then you fall into giving the other gods power to balance it out and that's how you end up with immortal kids.

Even the white walkers are a bit much for me to be honest. The first time I tried to watch it I switched it off when I saw some blokes with swords being attacked by zombies. It was only relentless recommendations and assurances that they play no part in it that I gave the first season a go.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:12 am

I thought it was a decent episode, although that tree elf-girl stuff was shit. If Bloodraven had been watching them all their lives with a thousand eyes why didn't he send that girl out to to unleash those Kamehameha blasts earlier?  scratch 
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:44 pm

The Brann story as a whole is just shit imo. I havent read the books so I dont know if thats the show's fault, or if Im missing the big significance, but it's easily my least favourite part of the series.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:01 pm

Sean wrote:The Brann story as a whole is just shit imo. I havent read the books so I dont know if thats the show's fault, or if Im missing the big significance, but it's easily my least favourite part of the series.

It's even worse in the books. It's the same but you have to read like 200 pages of him fucking walking through snow and being hungry before they get to the magic fairies.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Been rewatching Season 3 recently, first time I've gone through it again. Episode 9, fucking hell, I've never seen anything like that on television, I thought it might not be that good on a second watch on account of the shock value, but it maybe has even more impact when you know what's coming.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Zzonked wrote:
    Sean wrote:The Brann story as a whole is just shit imo. I havent read the books so I dont know if thats the show's fault, or if Im missing the big significance, but it's easily my least favourite part of the series.

It's even worse in the books. It's the same but you have to read like 200 pages of him fucking walking through snow and being hungry before they get to the magic fairies.
    rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:54 am

Rewatching Season 4 now, Episode 2.  Tywin is such a bastard.

Spoiler:
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:01 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Been rewatching Season 3 recently, first time I've gone through it again.  Episode 9, fucking hell, I've never seen anything like that on television, I thought it might not be that good on a second watch on account of the shock value, but it maybe has even more impact when you know what's coming.

Fun fact (for me) the girl Catelyn Stark slits the throat of was in many of my uni tutorials.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:06 am

Sean wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Been rewatching Season 3 recently, first time I've gone through it again.  Episode 9, fucking hell, I've never seen anything like that on television, I thought it might not be that good on a second watch on account of the shock value, but it maybe has even more impact when you know what's coming.

Fun fact (for me) the girl Catelyn Stark slits the throat of was in many of my uni tutorials.

Laughing Not a close friend I take it?
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:09 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Sean wrote:

Laughing Not a close friend I take it?

Not really Laughing I would talk to her now and then and she mentioned she did some extra work but I got into the show a bit late and didnt notice her until the next semester
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:42 am

In the book that person is actually a mentally challenged male clown. You should tell her that they cast her as a mentally challenged male clown.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:55 am

Zzonked wrote:In the book that person is actually a mentally challenged male clown. You should tell her that they cast her as a mentally challenged male clown.

Is he the guy that was rescued from drowning and is always singing some song?
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:02 am

Zzonked wrote:

Bran does a lot of world building + foreshadowing in these parts, it's funny looking back at the theories people have built from things that were reveled during Bran's stories. It is boring as hell though.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:46 pm

world building?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed May 20, 2015 6:06 am

Spoiler from the last episode but rofl rofl rofl

Spoiler:
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Wed May 20, 2015 7:02 am

rofl That's amazing. Probably the only good thing to come out of that episode..
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Wed May 20, 2015 8:50 am

What was supposed to happen?
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Wed May 20, 2015 10:19 am

Sansa's still in the Vale, chilling and eating lemon cakes. It's another chick, masquerading as Arya, who gets married to Ramsay. He makes her have sex with a dog.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed May 20, 2015 7:15 pm

It's not just the Sansa bit, this season has totally deviated from the book in literally every storyline. The Sansa bit isn't the worst at all, at least that makes some sense for the characters. I'm not sure these are really spoilers but I'll put them in a tag anyway if you're really anal about that sort of thing.

Spoiler:
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed May 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Why on Earth would he go on a super secret fighting mission when he's only got his left hand and can barely fight?

It's his daughter, he wants to redeem himself with Cersei, he feels tremendously guilty about getting his father killed, but I think the biggest factor is his awareness of his own place in history. Shortly before turning purple Joffrey was giving him shit about his lack of great deeds which clearly stung. It makes a lot more sense to me in that context that he'd go on a suicide mission than go and try to be a diplomat.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu May 21, 2015 12:48 am

Some of that is plausible, but he also was going to break his kingsguard oath last season too which I can't imagine would leave a good impression on his place in history. The diplomacy stuff is steady character development where he is trying to get himself in a position to make a difference. I don't imagine that would translate well to TV, but I still think riding into dorne on a horse and just grabbing his daughter and leaving is so implausible.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu May 21, 2015 1:57 am

I'm sure starting a war with Dorne by kidnapping the intended of their heir would have given him a very high place in history. As opposed to trying to sew piece in the most war-torn region of Westeros, that wouldn't have made any sense at all... The thing is that, in the books, Jaime is trying to be a good man. That's his arc. He finds out that Cersei had been cheating on him while he was away (while helping Tyrion escape) and he grows increasingly disconnected from her. He shouldn't at this point be trying to reclaim the affections of Cersei, he should be redeeming himself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:19 am