Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Keanoo
Soyrizo
Jorlung
Muhkoo
Cam
Weather130
SBSP
Bye_Ya
Phadunkin Donuts
Danny
Kuled
Jord
Harrold
dena
Mustangt125
The Bat-Man
Trig
Gegilworld93
Ricardo
Scuba Steve
24 posters

USA|Brazil May 30, 8pm

Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

USA|Brazil May 30, 8pm - Page 5 Empty Re: USA|Brazil May 30, 8pm

Post by Bye_Ya Thu May 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Entertaining match.
    Soyrizo
    Soyrizo

Post by Soyrizo Thu May 31, 2012 1:01 pm

regardless of this score line i'm leaving this game in good spirits. Onyewu's time may be up but we showed well against Brazil heading into qualifying.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Thu May 31, 2012 1:02 pm

Jorlung wrote:
    Soyrizo wrote:lol you guys are so harsh... take into account that the commentating is dumbed down for those who are casual fans only every 4 years who may be watching.
    I actually never really even thought about this, but that's a very good point. Half the people I know probably wouldn't even know who Neymar is. Only clubs they know are Manchester United, Barcelona, and Real Madrid.

I swear I was at a Rapids game last year and this fucker in front of me was trying to explain *soccer to his friend who had never been to a game before. He was explaining leagues and shit totally wrong, even said Brazil does not have a league. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2012 1:03 pm

Bye_Ya wrote:
    Jorlung wrote:I actually never really even thought about this, but that's a very good point. Half the people I know probably wouldn't even know who Neymar is. Only clubs they know are Manchester United, Barcelona, and Real Madrid.

I swear I was at a Rapids game last year and this fucker in front of me was trying to explain *soccer to his friend who had never been to a game before. He was explaining leagues and shit totally wrong, even said Brazil does not have a league. facepalm
    Laughing
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Thu May 31, 2012 1:04 pm

Yeah I only have three closer friends who actually know a good deal about football. One was born in England, one both of his parents were born in England, and the last one of his parents was born in Portugal.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Thu May 31, 2012 1:04 pm

Hmph..

Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Thu May 31, 2012 1:05 pm

Glen Damon wrote:
    Bye_Ya wrote:

Laughing

My lass seriously had to restrain me from going of on the guy. Fucking clown. Last week there was this other fucker behind me who called every goddamn pass a 'cross', kept yelling "CROSS IT", "OH, GOOD CROSS", and "COME ON GUYS, WE GOTTA GET 'EM".

Shut, the, hell, up. Mad
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu May 31, 2012 1:06 pm

Harsh scoreline man, but won't take that much from this game beyond the fact that Onyewu has been below international standard for a few years now and I don't know why we keep trotting him out.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Thu May 31, 2012 1:09 pm

Feel positive after that, tbh. Need better defending but the attacking play in the 2nd was decent.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu May 31, 2012 2:03 pm

Although the end result was harsh these are the types of tests we need to have to go far in the World Cup. Hopefully our guys will not get too confident while we are facing tiny island nations in World Cup Qualifying.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Thu May 31, 2012 2:07 pm

Weather130 wrote:Although the end result was harsh these are the types of tests we need to have to go far in the World Cup. Hopefully our guys will not get too confident while we are facing tiny island nations in World Cup Qualifying.
    My friend, you will have to face the great Canada in order to qualify for the world cup (assuming we even come remotely close to getting out of our group.) Laughing
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu May 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Jorlung wrote:
    Weather130 wrote:Although the end result was harsh these are the types of tests we need to have to go far in the World Cup. Hopefully our guys will not get too confident while we are facing tiny island nations in World Cup Qualifying.
    My friend, you will have to face the great Canada in order to qualify for the world cup (assuming we even come remotely close to getting out of our group.) Laughing

Let's see how the friendly on the 3rd goes before talking crap about each other.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Thu May 31, 2012 3:36 pm

Neymar & Marcelo partnership is deadly.

USA played 'ok' but the new Mano Menezes is growing on me...He's trying to go for that 'high-pressing' defending which suits the players that we have now.

Once Ramires and Dede enters the team though, this team would be complete to me. Glad Pato came in and scored, especially after hitting the post. Oscar was very sloppy but I think he was just having an off day.

Neymar was brilliant but my MOTM was Marcelo. Credits to Rafael Cabral for having a good game as well...
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Thu May 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Good grief Jurgie is going to get us slaughtered at the World Cup trying to play like that.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Thu May 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Scuba Steve wrote:Good grief Jurgie is going to get us slaughtered at the World Cup trying to play like that.

Please elaborate. Smile
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Thu May 31, 2012 5:09 pm

Is Omar Gonzalez injured?

Seems to play at a good level every season. Should get in ahead Onyewu.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu May 31, 2012 7:13 pm

Quack.
    Juventino
    Juventino

Supports : Llorente

Post by Juventino Thu May 31, 2012 8:27 pm

Did he get injured?
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu May 31, 2012 10:02 pm

Scuba Steve wrote:Good grief Jurgie is going to get us slaughtered at the World Cup trying to play like that.

Like with Gooch you mean?
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu May 31, 2012 10:25 pm

Juventino. wrote:Did he get injured?
    Laughing Surprisingly, no.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:47 am

Bye_Ya wrote:

Please elaborate. Smile

dena wrote:

Like with Gooch you mean?

Everyone complained that Bunker Bob played the same way regardless of the opponent. That meant countering against smaller opponents, but that set us up for a chance against the bigger boys. Jurgen is the same way -- only he wants to out possess everyone. That works against the weaker countries (think Scotland), but as we saw last night, we then have no chance against the likes of Brazil. We didn't do that against Italy and we were much more competitive. But now we are going to sweep away lesser competition in CONCACAF in qualifying, giving a real false sense that we can play and outpossess with the big boys.

SophisticatedBeggar wrote:Is Omar Gonzalez injured?

Seems to play at a good level every season. Should get in ahead Onyewu.

Gonzalez went to Nurnberg in January for a two month loan. In his first practice, he was on the receiving end of a tackle from Judas Chandler that tore his ACL. Though, I'm not convinced that Jurgie would pick him, though I think he should.

Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:40 am

We got unlucky on a couple chances, Rafael made some pretty nice saves.

But yes, Brazil dominated the entire match. Marcelo was great.

Though Gooch is a Clemson boy, he's just not good enough.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:54 am

I was very impressed by Gomez, Johnson, Bradley and I consider last night a success, USA created alot of chances and were just unlucky.

I agree with you guys Gooch is passed it, who can we replace him with? I'd keep him in the squad as a sub (he does well on set pieces) but not much else.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:00 am

That LB Fabian Johnson looked like our best player, was very impressed with him.

We were unlucky, we were pretty good for the 2nd half. I was glad we started playing like men and winning air balls since theyre a bunch of tiny south americans.

Liked Gomez too, he hustled which I like. He needs to be our main striker from now on, also why do we never play Agudelo?

MOTM was Mercelo even though he was a big of a cunt as possible, he just dominated. Second could be their keeper, made some great saves. We were unlucky not to have 2-4 goals.

I liked that we grew into the match in the 2nd half but we need to remember it's their under 23 squad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:38 am