Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Ralf Rangnick new favourite for West Brom manager's job

Anonymous

Ralf Rangnick new favourite for West Brom manager's job Empty Ralf Rangnick new favourite for West Brom manager's job

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 4:40 am

Ralf Rangnick new favourite for West Brom manager's job Ralf-rangnick-has-emerged-as-the-favourite-for-the-vacant-west-brom-manager-s-job-820232801

Ralf Rangnick has emerged as the leading contender to replace Roy Hodgson at West Brom.

The former Schalke and Hoffenheim manager has moved ahead of Birmingham's Chris Hughton in the running to take control at Albion.

When the Baggies' long antipicated approach to Blues finally came they were put off by a fee in excess of £2million demanded by the Championship side.

And with Claudio Ranieri appearing set for a move to AS Monaco and Ray Wilkins ruling himself out of the race that has left the 53-year-old former midfielder with a clear run.

Indeed the German's odds came in massively yesterday and are now as low as 3-1 with some bookmakers and there are reports that Albion have already offered him the job.

Whether he accepts it or not is a different matter, although comments made by Dietmar Hopp, Rangnick's former employer at Hoffenheim, suggest it is a move that would appeal.

Rangnick's last worked in September 2011 when he stepped down from his role with Champions League 2010-11 semi finalists Schalke citing exhaustion.

But Hopp claims Rangnick is be ready to make a comeback and is looking at the English top flight in which to do it.

"His battery is full again," Hopp told Sport Bild. "I think he gets back soon. He favours a job in the Premier League."

If Rangnick does become Albion manager he brings an outstanding pedigree having had two periods in charge at Schalke, the first in 2004 when he led the club to the runners up spot in the German league and cup.

After being sacked the following season he spent four years with Hopp at Hoffenheim where he engineered two promotions and led them to the Bundesliga for the first time in their history.

He resigned in January last year but was back in football at Schalke just two months later.

Last edited by Ed on Wed May 30, 2012 4:43 am; edited 2 times in total
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Ralf Rangnick new favourite for West Brom manager's job Empty Re: Ralf Rangnick new favourite for West Brom manager's job

Post by Cam Wed May 30, 2012 4:42 am

Sounds like a good manager, never heard of him though. shifty
    Anonymous

Ralf Rangnick new favourite for West Brom manager's job Empty Re: Ralf Rangnick new favourite for West Brom manager's job

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 4:44 am

His name is badass.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 4:45 am

he seems good to me too, would be happy to have him Smile plus he looks intelligent
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Wed May 30, 2012 4:45 am

I hope you get him. Sounds good. I want West Brom to stay up forever.

It annoys me when West Brom get relegated. You're always too good for the Championship.

Although we did beat you 3-1 and Raddy scored a belter
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed May 30, 2012 4:51 am

Beasted Inter, good manager.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 4:53 am

Forest wrote:I hope you get him. Sounds good. I want West Brom to stay up forever.

It annoys me when West Brom get relegated. You're always too good for the Championship.

Although we did beat you 3-1 and Raddy scored a belter
    remember that very moment.

Was one of the very moments I just thought "fuck football" Neutral

I remember also that both teams wore the same sponsor that day
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Rumours of Rangnick’s imminent arrival have intensified after a beach towel was placed on the dugout bench overnight.

rofl

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:33 pm