Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
The Zlatan
Dean
Cam
Kuled
Carlos Jenkinson
Laurencio
Cadbury
menalawyerguy
ResurrectionRooney
Forest
14 posters

Heysel

Forest
    Forest

Heysel Empty Heysel

Post by Forest Tue May 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Trending on twitter. I'm not quite sure what you have to say though ?

Is it RIP 39 or JFT39? It sounds similar to Hillsbrough disaster but makes out Liverpool to be the bad guys in this one for killing the Italians. (I'm going off what wiki says and how I see it through that)
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Heysel Empty Re: Heysel

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue May 29, 2012 7:33 pm

It's nothing whatsoever like Hillsborough. At the Heysel disaster Liverpool fans got drunk, behaved like animals and caused dozens of innocent people to die, and then tried to shift the blame onto everyone from the police to the organising body to the stadium itself, whereas at Hillsborough er... I'll get back to you.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue May 29, 2012 8:59 pm

I predict a healthy, respectful and thought-provoking thread ahead.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Tue May 29, 2012 9:00 pm

This thread is going to be a success.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2012 9:07 pm

R.I.P the 39 pray
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2012 9:09 pm

I give this my seal of approval.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue May 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Forest wrote:Trending on twitter. I'm not quite sure what you have to say though ?

Is it RIP 39 or JFT39? It sounds similar to Hillsbrough disaster but makes out Liverpool to be the bad guys in this one for killing the Italians. (I'm going off what wiki says and how I see it through that)

There's nothing that need to be said. Just give a thought to the victims, a prayer, whatever your style is, and gracefully move on. If you are compelled to say something then Rest In Peace is more than enough. There's no need for catch-phrases.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2012 11:35 pm

liverpool fans went to the game with the intention to get drunk and start fights. through their actions they murdered innocent fans in cold blood, something many of those filthy animals, still pride themselves on today

disgraceful club with a history tarnished in human blood
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue May 29, 2012 11:40 pm

I hate the fact this is forced upon you in football
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue May 29, 2012 11:49 pm

RIP and all the best to all the innocent people killed and maimed by Liverpool fans over the years.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue May 29, 2012 11:53 pm

RIP
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 1:34 am

mauro=beast wrote:liverpool fans went to the game with the intention to get drunk and start fights. through their actions they murdered innocent fans in cold blood, something many of those filthy animals, still pride themselves on today

The Italians and Juventus fans were perfect and they never caused any trouble did they. Rolling Eyes
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Wed May 30, 2012 1:38 am

Don't start anything, Alan
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Wed May 30, 2012 1:39 am

mauro=beast wrote:liverpool fans went to the game with the intention to get drunk and start fights. through their actions they murdered innocent fans in cold blood, something many of those filthy animals, still pride themselves on today

Fuck off you Italian cunt. Italians are just dirty, cheating, match fixing twats, as proved. And the fans of Italy are horrible, specially them Romans, they're the worst bunch. But Juventus fans are cunts as well. Shame what happened at Heysel, true tragedy, but they were as much at fault as Liverpool.

By the way I'm not biting to what you said either, I just wanted to say that.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed May 30, 2012 1:47 am

Dean wrote:

Fuck off you Italian cunt. Italians are just dirty, cheating, match fixing twats, as proved. And the fans of Italy are horrible, specially them Romans, they're the worst bunch. But Juventus fans are cunts as well. Shame what happened at Heysel, true tragedy, but they were as much at fault as Liverpool.

Do you have any evidence for your extraordinary statement on responsibility for Heysel?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 2:07 am

Because of the poor security arrangements, and the dilapidated, outdated Heysel Stadium, Liverpool had been edgy about the match for some weeks. About 10 days earlier, I remember bumping into Jim Kennefick, who handled the club's travel, as he was leaving the ground following a meeting with the directors. 'They are paranoid upstairs about the Liverpool and Juventus supporters being together,' he told me. Even outside the stadium, the security system – or lack of it – was crazy.

During the 1998 World Cup finals in France, police ensured that no-one without a ticket could get within a mile of the stadiums on match days. There was no such security blanket in operation for the Liverpool-Juventus European Cup final. Indeed, from what I can make out, there was no security blanket at all. It did not matter if anyone turned up without a ticket; it seemed that everyone got in and could go to whatever part of the stadium he wished.

the Liverpool players – came out to look at the pitch. We could not get onto it because of a boys' match was taking place, so we decided to stretch our legs with a walk around the running track, towards the section where most of the fans were situated. As we approached, the Juventus followers started throwing what I took to be bricks.

I remarked to Alan Kennedy, 'This is unusual – you don't often find supporters taking bricks into a stadium.'

'They're not throwing bricks,' he replied, 'They're throwing the stadium at us.' We were indeed being pelted with bits of concrete from the crumbling terraces. It's hard to believe, isn't it? This was the showpiece match of the season in Europe, and it was being staged in a stadium that was not far short of a ruin.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Wed May 30, 2012 2:13 am

Dean wrote:

Someone's still bitter about the Aquilani deal. hehe
    Rafael Benitez
    Rafael Benitez

Supports : Malaga

Post by Rafael Benitez Wed May 30, 2012 2:14 am

Forest wrote:Trending on twitter. I'm not quite sure what you have to say though ?

There is no need for ''JFT39'' Justice has been done with the arrests.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed May 30, 2012 2:15 am

Alan wrote:Because of the poor security arrangements, and the dilapidated, outdated Heysel Stadium, Liverpool had been edgy about the match for some weeks. About 10 days earlier, I remember bumping into Jim Kennefick, who handled the club's travel, as he was leaving the ground following a meeting with the directors. 'They are paranoid upstairs about the Liverpool and Juventus supporters being together,' he told me. Even outside the stadium, the security system – or lack of it – was crazy.

During the 1998 World Cup finals in France, police ensured that no-one without a ticket could get within a mile of the stadiums on match days. There was no such security blanket in operation for the Liverpool-Juventus European Cup final. Indeed, from what I can make out, there was no security blanket at all. It did not matter if anyone turned up without a ticket; it seemed that everyone got in and could go to whatever part of the stadium he wished.

the Liverpool players – came out to look at the pitch. We could not get onto it because of a boys' match was taking place, so we decided to stretch our legs with a walk around the running track, towards the section where most of the fans were situated. As we approached, the Juventus followers started throwing what I took to be bricks.

I remarked to Alan Kennedy, 'This is unusual – you don't often find supporters taking bricks into a stadium.'

'They're not throwing bricks,' he replied, 'They're throwing the stadium at us.' We were indeed being pelted with bits of concrete from the crumbling terraces. It's hard to believe, isn't it? This was the showpiece match of the season in Europe, and it was being staged in a stadium that was not far short of a ruin.

Those people are on planet Liverpool though, it's easy for eyewitness accounts to be very distorted when you're in a cult-like atmosphere.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 2:28 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Alan wrote:Because of the poor security arrangements, and the dilapidated, outdated Heysel Stadium, Liverpool had been edgy about the match for some weeks. About 10 days earlier, I remember bumping into Jim Kennefick, who handled the club's travel, as he was leaving the ground following a meeting with the directors. 'They are paranoid upstairs about the Liverpool and Juventus supporters being together,' he told me. Even outside the stadium, the security system – or lack of it – was crazy.

Those people are on planet Liverpool though, it's easy for eyewitness accounts to be very distorted when you're in a cult-like atmosphere.

You can find lots of stories about what happened at Heysel and claims from people who were there and its not all from so called planet Liverpool. And you will find that people say both sets of fans were to blame for the trouble, and i remember watching it on TV and seeing the Liverpool players getting parts of the stadium thrown at them, but as i said certain members of both sets of fans were to blame according to all the reports ive read.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Wed May 30, 2012 2:33 am

I wish RR would stop with the 'planet Liverpool' bullshit, just makes him look like a retard
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed May 30, 2012 2:33 am

Alan wrote:

You can find lots of stories about what happened at Heysel and claims from people who were there and its not all from so called planet Liverpool. And you will find that people say both sets of fans were to blame for the trouble, and i remember watching it on TV and seeing the Liverpool players getting parts of the stadium thrown at them, but as i said certain members of both sets of fans were to blame according to all the reports ive read.

UEFA observer Gunter Schneider said

"Only the English fans were responsible. Of that there is no doubt."
    (from Liverpool FC - You'll Never Walk Alone, Chapter: Heysel and Hillborough: Two Disasters that defined the decade)

Has anyone impartial ever contradicted that?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed May 30, 2012 2:37 am

Cam wrote:I wish RR would stop with the 'planet Liverpool' bullshit, just makes him look like a retard

Liverpool FC has an extremely tribal, almost religious mentality. You have an official club hymn, you have catchphrases for your disasters, Liverpool fans are required to observe particular boycott, those who play well for Liverpool or manage Liverpool well are elevated to the status of deity, where they can do no wrong, Robert Fowler's nickname among the Liverpool fans was "God", all Liverpool fans are part of a group who will "Never walk alone", and so on.

You can't seriously tell me that that sort of thing doesn't have a distorting effect on perception and memory.
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Wed May 30, 2012 2:37 am

Scousers....
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Wed May 30, 2012 2:37 am

I don't really care who's fault it was, I just care for the innocent people who were killed. R.I.P
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Wed May 30, 2012 2:41 am

Cam wrote:I wish RR would stop with the 'planet Liverpool' bullshit, just makes him look like a retard

Liverpool FC has an extremely tribal, almost religious mentality. You have an official club hymn, you have catchphrases for your disasters, Liverpool fans are required to observe particular boycott, those who play well for Liverpool or manage Liverpool well are elevated to the status of deity, where they can do no wrong, Robert Fowler's nickname among the Liverpool fans was "God", all Liverpool fans are part of a group who will "Never walk alone", and so on.

You can't seriously tell me that that sort of thing doesn't have a distorting effect on perception and memory.

I just think you're reading into it too much, it's pathetic.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 2:49 am

Alan wrote:

UEFA observer Gunter Schneider said

"Only the English fans were responsible. Of that there is no doubt."
    (from Liverpool FC - You'll Never Walk Alone, Chapter: Heysel and Hillborough: Two Disasters that defined the decade)

Has anyone impartial ever contradicted that?

Officially, the finger of blame was pointed squarely at the English fans.

The official UEFA observer, Gunter Schneider, despite evidence to the contrary, said, "Only the English fans were responsible. Of that there is no doubt."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 2:51 am

Trig wrote:Scousers....
    Typical braindead wanker. R.I.P the 39
    Juventino
    Juventino

Supports : Llorente

Post by Juventino Wed May 30, 2012 3:08 am

RIP.

I think there will always be a degree of bad blood between Juve and Liverpool fans because of this tragedy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:25 pm