Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Skënderbeu hold nerve to retain Albanian title

Weather130
    Weather130

Skënderbeu hold nerve to retain Albanian title Empty Skënderbeu hold nerve to retain Albanian title

Post by Weather130 Mon May 14, 2012 1:04 pm

A final-day derby victory against KS Pogradeci ensured KS Skënderbeu claimed a second consecutive Albanian championship as they pipped KS Teuta by a single point.

Skënderbeu hold nerve to retain Albanian title 1796257_w2

Skënderbeu celebrate the Albanian title

KS Skënderbeu secured their second consecutive Albanian title, and the third in their history, after securing a 3-1 derby win at neighbours KS Pogradeci.

Taking a one-point advantage into the final game, two goals from Daniel Xhafa and a penalty from captain Blendi Shkembi ensured the defending champions held off the challenge of KS Teuta, who kept up the pressure all the way with a 2-1 victory at KS Kastrioti.

Skënderbeu claimed their first title in 78 years last season but won their last two games to ensure there was the shortest possible gap between championships on this occasion.

"To win it once is hard, but to repeat the success is even harder," said club president Agim Zeqo. "We had our chances, we didn't execute it well down the final stretch," added Teuta coach Hasan Lika after his side finished runners-up.

At the end of the season K.F. Skënderbeu Korçë are 17-6-3 with 45 goals for and 16 goals against.
    Rafael Benitez
    Rafael Benitez

Supports : Malaga

Skënderbeu hold nerve to retain Albanian title Empty Re: Skënderbeu hold nerve to retain Albanian title

Post by Rafael Benitez Mon May 14, 2012 1:12 pm

Congrats, they look a solid team defence wise Smile
    jeb4eva
    jeb4eva

Supports : Manchester United

Skënderbeu hold nerve to retain Albanian title Empty Re: Skënderbeu hold nerve to retain Albanian title

Post by jeb4eva Mon May 14, 2012 1:28 pm

Congrats, but I honestly don't care.
    Rafael Benitez
    Rafael Benitez

Supports : Malaga

Post by Rafael Benitez Mon May 14, 2012 1:30 pm

jeb4eva wrote:Congrats, but I honestly don't care.

Why post then? Rolling Eyes
    jeb4eva
    jeb4eva

Supports : Manchester United

Post by jeb4eva Mon May 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Willmer wrote:Why post then? Rolling Eyes

Maybe to express my lack of love for the Albanian league. I mean who here actually gives a toss about this league? I know you don't.
    Juventino
    Juventino

Supports : Llorente

Post by Juventino Mon May 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Good stuff.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 6:15 pm

agree with jeb, but we should let Weather post what hes interested in, keeps things diverse.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Tue May 15, 2012 12:30 am

I have an Albanian friend who suspects that some serious match fixing going on here. Dinamo Tirana won the league two years ago and he said they were too good to go down and he was not even a supporter of the team.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:15 am