Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

new team results

Weather130
    Weather130

new team results Empty new team results

Post by Weather130 Thu May 10, 2012 2:25 am

This thread has been created to show the results of all European football clubs that have just finished their first season of top division football. Most of these teams were promoted, but a few arrived by being created or mergers. The end results have 1 team in Europe, 2 in a relegation playoff, and 4 directly relegated.

Sumgayit FC (Azerbaijan) 12th (5-5-19)

Ravan Baku 8th (8-10-11)

Oud-Heverlee Leuven (Belgium) 14th (7-8-15)

GOŠK Gabela (Bosnia and Herzegovina) 12th (6-8-11)

Ludogorets (Bulgaria) 2nd (18-4-4) europe

Svetkavitsa 16th (1-5-20) relegated

NK Lučko (Croatia) 13th (6-12-11) relegated

Dukla Prague (Czech Republic) 5th (11-8-8 )

FC Viljandi (Estonia) 8th(8-6-22)

Évian Thonon Gaillard (France) 9th (13-10-12)

Merani Martvili (Georgia) 8th (6-3-16)

FC Augsburg (Germany) 14th (8-14-12)

Hapoel Ironi Nir Ramat HaSharon F.C. (Israel) 11th (11-12-13)

FB Gulbene (Latvia) 7th (7-7-18)

FC Jūrmala 5th (12-8-12)

FK Dainava (Lithuania) 8th (13-6-14)

Union 05 Kayl-TéTange (Luxembourg) 11th (8-5-12)

US Hostert 14th (2-2-21) relegated

FK 11 Oktomvri (Macedonia) 12th (2-7-20) relegated

FK Ohrid 2004 11th(6-8-15)

Sarpsborg 08 (Norway) 16th (5-6-19) relegated

TS Podbeskidzie Bielsko-Biała (Poland) 12th (9-8-13)

Concordia Chiajna (Romania) 13th (10-6-14)

FC Volga Nizhny Novgorod (Russia) 14th (12-5-26) *relegation playoff*

FC Krasnodar 9th (16-12-15)

FK Novi Pazar (Serbia) 14th (5-10-13)

ND Mura 05 (Slovenia) 4th (16-5-12)

Syrianska FC (Sweden) 14th (8-4-18) *relegation playoff*
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

new team results Empty Re: new team results

Post by Muhkoo Thu May 10, 2012 5:04 am

Evian have been impressive in my opinion, they made a lot of interest for themselves here when they brought in 4 danish, Daniel Wass on loan from Benfica, Christian Poulsen & Stephan Andersen, while they got Thomas Kahlenberg formerly of French club Auxerre in at the winter break which has been a clear benefit for all of them certainly improving their chances of being included in the Euro 2012 squad, Stephan Andersen proving he can be quality outside the danish league and against teams that aren't Portugese. Kahlenberg and Poulsen getting the career going again after some poor transfer decisions to clubs and play styles that didn't fit them (Wolfsburg & Liverpool respectively).

Kahlenberg, Wass & Andersen are all former Brøndby players while Christian Poulsen won the championship with FC Copenhagen 12 years ago under the guidance of the same guy that brought him to Liverpool, Roy Hodgson

I remember a story from the club when they picked up Christian Poulsen, that they were unsure if they could even call a player like that for their club, i know the UK guys don't think much of him but with his move to France he has played in the top 5 UEFA leagues, with great success in Spain (Sevilla) and Germany (Schalke 04), mixed results in Italy(Juventus) and of course the disaster that was the year in Liverpool.

It is simply a coincidence that the Evian club badge looks very similar to a danish flag, although it is somewhat interesting for their recent transfer history.

French league is on TV sometimes here and tried to watch some of their matches, and for a new team they've done very well and established themselves fairly quick in what was a very shaky league this year.
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Thu May 10, 2012 5:13 am

Augsburg have played very well this season for a recently promoted side, I am a big fan of the Bundesliga and they are a side that have impressed me a lot.
    Noel Gallagher
    Noel Gallagher

Formerly known as : StickeyLFC

Post by Noel Gallagher Thu May 10, 2012 5:19 am

Because you mentioned Lithuania, you are already a true legend.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu May 10, 2012 6:00 am

Muhkoo wrote:Evian have been impressive in my opinion, they made a lot of interest for themselves here when they brought in 4 danish, Daniel Wass on loan from Benfica, Christian Poulsen & Stephan Andersen, while they got Thomas Kahlenberg formerly of French club Auxerre in at the winter break which has been a clear benefit for all of them certainly improving their chances of being included in the Euro 2012 squad, Stephan Andersen proving he can be quality outside the danish league and against teams that aren't Portugese. Kahlenberg and Poulsen getting the career going again after some poor transfer decisions to clubs and play styles that didn't fit them (Wolfsburg & Liverpool respectively).

Kahlenberg, Wass & Andersen are all former Brøndby players while Christian Poulsen won the championship with FC Copenhagen 12 years ago under the guidance of the same guy that brought him to Liverpool, Roy Hodgson

I remember a story from the club when they picked up Christian Poulsen, that they were unsure if they could even call a player like that for their club, i know the UK guys don't think much of him but with his move to France he has played in the top 5 UEFA leagues, with great success in Spain (Sevilla) and Germany (Schalke 04), mixed results in Italy(Juventus) and of course the disaster that was the year in Liverpool.

It is simply a coincidence that the Evian club badge looks very similar to a danish flag, although it is somewhat interesting for their recent transfer history.

French league is on TV sometimes here and tried to watch some of their matches, and for a new team they've done very well and established themselves fairly quick in what was a very shaky league this year.

Perhaps but that was not what they were trying to do. They play in Annecy which is ver near the France-Switzerland boarder.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Thu May 10, 2012 7:19 am

Weather130 wrote:
    Muhkoo wrote:Evian have been impressive in my opinion, they made a lot of interest for themselves here when they brought in 4 danish, Daniel Wass on loan from Benfica, Christian Poulsen & Stephan Andersen, while they got Thomas Kahlenberg formerly of French club Auxerre in at the winter break which has been a clear benefit for all of them certainly improving their chances of being included in the Euro 2012 squad, Stephan Andersen proving he can be quality outside the danish league and against teams that aren't Portugese. Kahlenberg and Poulsen getting the career going again after some poor transfer decisions to clubs and play styles that didn't fit them (Wolfsburg & Liverpool respectively).

Perhaps but that was not what they were trying to do. They play in Annecy which is very near the France-Switzerland boarder.

Yea that is true, it was something that was mentioned by a "journalist" that was down there to interview when Kahlenberg has joined the squad, they are a mountain club with ties to the swiss, hence the badge. Its probably a better look than slapping a water battle on there although they don't share any affiliation with the world famous bottled water company except the location Razz
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu May 10, 2012 1:24 pm

I must say out of all the teams I mentioned that Svetkavitsa has one of the better stories behind them. Finally after 49 consecutive seasons in the second division they finally get promoted. Then they a golden egg, win 1 game and promptly return to the second division.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 11:32 am