Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
The_Quilo
easley91
Carlos Jenkinson
The Bat-Man
Mustangt125
Trent
Noel Gallagher
George
Jordi
Paulinho
Totti
Grenade
Gegilworld93
Laurencio
ConorCelticFC
Kuled
20 posters

Lucas Barrios to Guangzhou Evergrande

Anonymous

Lucas Barrios to Guangzhou Evergrande Empty Lucas Barrios to Guangzhou Evergrande

Post by Guest Wed May 02, 2012 10:09 pm

Guangzhou Evergrande confirm £6.9 million deal for Dortmund's Barrios

The Paraguay international very nearly joined Fulham during the January transfer window but he has now accepted a reportedly lucrative four-year contract to move to China

Guangzhou Evergrande have confirmed the signing of Borussia Dortmund forward Lucas Barrios for a fee of €8.5 million (£6.9m).
    The transfer was first mooted in March and the Super League side have now announced that the Paraguay international has penned a four-year contract with the club and will arrive in China on June 1 for a medical.

Barrios played a prominent role in Dortmund's Bundesliga title triumph last year, but has featured only sporadically during the current campaign after slipping behind Robert Lewandowski in the pecking order.

Indeed, the striker had been expected to depart the Signal Iduna Park side during the January transfer window but a proposed move to Premier League outfit Fulham collapsed.

However, the 27-year-old Barrios, who hit a hat-trick against Kaiserslautern at the weekend, has now accepted a reportedly lucrative offer to link up with Guangzhou.

The Paraguay international arrived at Dortmund in 2009 for the sum of €4.2m (£3.4m) and has made 82 appearances for BVB in the Bundesliga, netting 39 goals.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2931/go-global/2012/05/02/3075075/guangzhou-evergrande-confirm-69-million-deal-for-dortmunds?

What a fucking idiot facepalm rofl

He's only 27 and teams like Fulham were after him i.e. Premier League football. And wouldn't be surprised if other big teams were in for him.

Is Waxing Lyrical still around? Time for his/her line:

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!

Absolute fucking idiot facepalm
    Kuled

Lucas Barrios to Guangzhou Evergrande Empty Re: Lucas Barrios to Guangzhou Evergrande

Post by Kuled Wed May 02, 2012 10:11 pm

OP is a phaggot.
    Anonymous

Lucas Barrios to Guangzhou Evergrande Empty Re: Lucas Barrios to Guangzhou Evergrande

Post by Guest Wed May 02, 2012 10:17 pm

I see what you did there. hehe
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Wed May 02, 2012 10:28 pm

Scored a hat-trick in his last game. Much bigger teams than Fulham would have taken him as well.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Wed May 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Yeah spending 4 years in the latter part of his career making hundreds of thousands of pounds a week ensuring he has enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life, as well as provide for the future of his children and wider family is just crazy.

He was likely offered close to £200k a week, just like Anelka. After 4 years he will have made £41 600 000, while being treated like a superstar. He must be mad. Lucas Barrios to Guangzhou Evergrande 634513
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed May 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Laurencio wrote:Yeah spending 4 years in the latter part of his career making hundreds of thousands of pounds a week ensuring he has enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life, as well as provide for the future of his children and wider family is just crazy.

He was likely offered close to £200k a week, just like Anelka. After 4 years he will have made £41 600 000, while being treated like a superstar. He must be mad. Lucas Barrios to Guangzhou Evergrande 634513
    They would still have taken him if he was like 30 tbh, I don't see why he couldn't have proven himself in La Liga or Serie A first where some clubs were interested, considering BVB were his only club in Europe.
    Pity to see him leaving Europe, he was still a class player.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 02, 2012 11:18 pm

What the fuck, he's too good for China. Neutral

This is all Lewandowski's fault, Bastard!!!
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Wed May 02, 2012 11:21 pm

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:Yeah spending 4 years in the latter part of his career making hundreds of thousands of pounds a week ensuring he has enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life, as well as provide for the future of his children and wider family is just crazy.

They would still have taken him if he was like 30 tbh, I don't see why he couldn't have proven himself in La Liga or Serie A first where some clubs were interested, considering BVB were his only club in Europe.
    Pity to see him leaving Europe, he was still a class player.

He could live like a king in Guangzhou, earning more money than he'll ever need, playing football at a comfortable level, being worshiped by fans, living in a tropical climate in South China and experience the development of Chinese football, which has so much financial backing that they make Qatar and the Cosmos in the 70s seem like peanut makers.

It's not the worst move in the world, although I admit that reputation wise it would have been better for him to stay in Europe.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 02, 2012 11:24 pm

Actually this makes me wonder whether Reus will go upfront now, if so then I'm glad he's gone because Reus> Barrios.

Either way it will be interesting to see Dortmund next year especially since Kagawa will be leaving in the summer. think
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Wed May 02, 2012 11:24 pm

Fucking hell 41m eek

Hardly an idiot is he? Easier training and a shit load of money.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed May 02, 2012 11:29 pm

Splashy wrote:Actually this makes me wonder whether Reus will go upfront now, if so then I'm glad he's gone because Reus> Barrios.

Either way it will be interesting to see Dortmund next year especially since Kagawa will be leaving in the summer. Lucas Barrios to Guangzhou Evergrande 214775
    If Lewandowski stays there's no way he won't be in the starting XI, I think Götze might move to the middle and Reus to the right hand side, would look like this then:
    -----------Lewa----------------
    -Grosskreutz--Götze---Reus--
    Totti
    Totti

Post by Totti Wed May 02, 2012 11:35 pm

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Splashy wrote:Actually this makes me wonder whether Reus will go upfront now, if so then I'm glad he's gone because Reus> Barrios.

Either way it will be interesting to see Dortmund next year especially since Kagawa will be leaving in the summer. Lucas Barrios to Guangzhou Evergrande 214775
    If Lewandowski stays there's no way he won't be in the starting XI, I think Götze might move to the middle and Reus to the right hand side, would look like this then:

That is a sick attacking force.
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Wed May 02, 2012 11:43 pm

This is just what some footballers are like Lucas Barrios to Guangzhou Evergrande 214775
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Wed May 02, 2012 11:45 pm

Can you blame him though? China is the new Qatar
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Thu May 03, 2012 2:00 am

Such a shame really.
    Still, it would have been hard to turn down their wages.
    Noel Gallagher
    Noel Gallagher

Formerly known as : StickeyLFC

Post by Noel Gallagher Thu May 03, 2012 2:06 am

What a nobmuncher.
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Thu May 03, 2012 3:06 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:

Do you think Götze will stay? I think he will stay another year and then move to the Premier League probably Next Summer.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Thu May 03, 2012 3:16 am

In 4 years or so time he may not have the offer to make 200k a week on the table.

Looking out for number 1
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Thu May 03, 2012 3:21 am

Trent wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Do you think Götze will stay? I think he will stay another year and then move to the Premier League probably Next Summer.

Never in a million years.

Contrary to popular belief, the Premier League is not the centre of the footballing universe, seldom do stars like Goetze leave the Bundesliga.

Goetze will probably only leave to Bayern Munich or Real Madrid/Barcelona, otherwise I see him spending his prime in Dortmund, the club is definitely on the rise, it's his home-town club, he's winning trophies and he's integral to them.

Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu May 03, 2012 4:01 am

He'll get sick of it eventually, let's be honest. He'll eventually get homesick
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Thu May 03, 2012 4:34 am

People forget that this is their job, their profression. So, they'll want to make as much money as they can before they retire, because their careers won't last forever.
    The_Quilo
    The_Quilo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by The_Quilo Thu May 03, 2012 8:09 pm

What I would have done, is signed for Fulham or some other EPL side, play for 3-4 seasons and then, at age 30-32, move the China. That's what Anelka did. Why not spend your best years playing competitive football. China will still be there, and still want you, as Anelka proved, at 31-32.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu May 03, 2012 8:32 pm

The_Quilo wrote:

What I would have done, is signed for Fulham or some other EPL side, play for 3-4 seasons and then, at age 30-32, move the China. That's what Anelka did. Why not spend your best years playing competitive football. China will still be there, and still want you, as Anelka proved, at 31-32.

The money is on the table now. No guarantee it will still be on the table in 4 years. And what happens if he comes to England and gets his leg snapped on a cold, rainy Tuesday night at Stoke? Party done.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:44 am

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1137832/guangzhou-evergrande's-lucas-barrios-'talking-with'-european-clubs

rofl
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:45 am

I'd take him Lucas Barrios to Guangzhou Evergrande 279869 Better then Chamakh
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:50 am

Liga MX flop.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:57 am

by stickeyLFC on Wed May 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Lucas Barrios to Guangzhou Evergrande Aa017b59568f5d867fa61d8620d3c695

LaughingLaughing
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:04 am

The Maestro wrote:by stickeyLFC on Wed May 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Lucas Barrios to Guangzhou Evergrande Aa017b59568f5d867fa61d8620d3c695

LaughingLaughing

Lucas Barrios to Guangzhou Evergrande 671343
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:56 am

I guess it is not suppose to be his problem that he is not good enough to hold a first team spot in China.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:53 pm

Wait, why did I think Lucas Barrios played for Liverpool at some point? Suspect

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:52 pm