Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Anybody know anything about PSP's & Custom firmware?

El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Anybody know anything about PSP's & Custom firmware? Empty Anybody know anything about PSP's & Custom firmware?

Post by El_indian Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:30 pm

So I'm tryna fix my little cousins second hand PSP which wont play games or nothing....

It's running 3.10 OE-A firmware.

I have no idea what that is (probably put on by a previous owner) and know very little about PSP's.

would anybody be keen to help me out?

Cheers Smile
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Anybody know anything about PSP's & Custom firmware? Empty Re: Anybody know anything about PSP's & Custom firmware?

Post by Cornholio Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:27 pm

That's pirating talk pirat

Custom firmware allows you to play backup games and put emulators on your psp.

You might need to update your custom firmware. Don't update to official firmware or you might lose the ability to have custom firmware.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Anybody know anything about PSP's & Custom firmware? Empty Re: Anybody know anything about PSP's & Custom firmware?

Post by El_indian Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:04 am

Ryan wrote:That's pirating talk pirat

Custom firmware allows you to play backup games and put emulators on your psp.

You might need to update your custom firmware. Don't update to official firmware or you might lose the ability to have custom firmware.

what are emulators and what do they do?

I actually got it working and updated to official firmware 6.31, I think I can always go back to custom if I want...
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:18 am

Emulators let you play games on other platforms. e.g pokemon on PSP or the phone.

Custom firmware is generally used to let you download and play games for free, but there's other stuff too.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:34 am

Luxz0rz wrote:Emulators let you play games on other platforms. e.g pokemon on PSP or the phone.

Custom firmware is generally used to let you download and play games for free, but there's other stuff too.

Oh wow that sounds good.

So the PlayStation store works while on custom firmware?

One problem I'm having firmware 6.31 at the moment is that the 'O' button is enter & 'X' is to go back....so apparently it's from Japan, but is there anyway to swap these buttons without custom firmware?
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:42 pm

El_indian wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:Emulators let you play games on other platforms. e.g pokemon on PSP or the phone.

Oh wow that sounds good.

So the PlayStation store works while on custom firmware?

One problem I'm having firmware 6.31 at the moment is that the 'O' button is enter & 'X' is to go back....so apparently it's from Japan, but is there anyway to swap these buttons without custom firmware?

My Psp was from Japan so I know what you mean...you might be able to change it in the settings somewhere........I would think so.

I wouldn't know about the Playstation store...I haven't had a Psp for quite a few years now and I'm sure it's changed. To get free games what you used to do is download the ISO off a torrent site on the PC...then just transfer it to the Psp. Then you could just play it off the harddrive.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:02 am

^^ After asking the guys at Playstation, they said nothing could be done about the X & O buttons....

You can def do It on custom firmware (of course they wouldn't mention this) I've done it before, not sure about official firmware, I will prob have to ask on a PSP forum.

Might have to consider custom firmware, I know how to download torrents but is it complicated to get PSP games? like do you need to convert it and do all that shit or is it pretty easy?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:16 am