Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
George
The_Quilo
Zzonked
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
8 posters

Football Manager 2013 Improvements/Suggestions

Anonymous

Football Manager 2013 Improvements/Suggestions Empty Football Manager 2013 Improvements/Suggestions

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:04 pm

What would you like to see fixed or added to FM 2013?
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Football Manager 2013 Improvements/Suggestions Empty Re: Football Manager 2013 Improvements/Suggestions

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:48 pm

More detailed stats, like I want to see what % of clear cut chances a player has scored etc.

AI clubs and/or your board should be less leniant on the monthly installments option. If the board sets me £2m to spend its silly that I can offer £40 over 48 months for a player and even dumber that the AI club treats it the same as £40m up front.

I want to be able to find out a players preferred moves via scouting reports. I hate the shoots with power preferred move, so its dumb that I cant find out whether a player has it until after i sign him.

PA should be more flexible, sick of signing brilliant 18 year olds who turn out to not develop at all because their CA is already close to their PA, infact ive said before PA should be scrapped, players should have their CA and their development rates are decided by training levels, match experience, tutoring, coaching etc. Its also dumb how if I have a 16 year old who I want to improve at his crossing, I can make him focus on that one thing, have him work hard on his crossing but ultimately he'll just end up at the same level for crossing than he would via normal coaching, just quicker.

ive got more but its late Neutral
    Anonymous

Football Manager 2013 Improvements/Suggestions Empty Re: Football Manager 2013 Improvements/Suggestions

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Dr. Ján Ĩtor wrote:More detailed stats, like I want to see what % of clear cut chances a player has scored etc.

AI clubs and/or your board should be less leniant on the monthly installments option. If the board sets me £2m to spend its silly that I can offer £40 over 48 months for a player and even dumber that the AI club treats it the same as £40m up front.

I want to be able to find out a players preferred moves via scouting reports. I hate the shoots with power preferred move, so its dumb that I cant find out whether a player has it until after i sign him.

PA should be more flexible, sick of signing brilliant 18 year olds who turn out to not develop at all because their CA is already close to their PA, infact ive said before PA should be scrapped, players should have their CA and their development rates are decided by training levels, match experience, tutoring, coaching etc. Its also dumb how if I have a 16 year old who I want to improve at his crossing, I can make him focus on that one thing, have him work hard on his crossing but ultimately he'll just end up at the same level for crossing than he would via normal coaching, just quicker.

ive got more but its late Neutral

PA is important. PA doesn't mean the player will eventually reach that level, but that it's the MAX level he can reach. Whether he reaches it or not depends on training, playing time, etc. So putting 18 years olds in your senior team and giving them a lot of matches will cause them to reach their PA sooner than others. Same thing with focus training. It just causes the development to be faster, not more. Every player has a limit. No matter how intense or long they train on one thing, there is a limit they can only reach.

In addition to the preferred moves you mentioned, I would also like to see their injury proneness rating without having to use Genie Scout or the editor.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:16 pm

but PA isnt real, players dont have some sort of upper boundary that they cant exceed and if there was it would never be reached, In my inter save on FM11 coutinho who was 18 was one of my best players for several seasons, had good training levels, 5* coaching, he didnt improve a single bit, not that, but he couldnt improve a single bit. I dont believe one bit in PA, according to the laws of fm, someone like gotze could not play for 3 years and still eventually reach the same level he would if he had been playing week in week out, which I dont at all believe to be how it actually works.

Also I think if a player breaks his leg or has a major injury it should be possible to have a bigger effect on their attributes than it does.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:26 pm

This is just a small thing and it's not really a big deal, but I would like the option to offer a certain number of 'medals' to players who didn't play enough games in a competition to get one otherwise, like back up goalkeepers. Just so the honour would appear on their honours list.
    The_Quilo
    The_Quilo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by The_Quilo Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:20 pm

Dr. Ján Ĩtor wrote:but PA isnt real, players dont have some sort of upper boundary that they cant exceed and if there was it would never be reached, In my inter save on FM11 coutinho who was 18 was one of my best players for several seasons, had good training levels, 5* coaching, he didnt improve a single bit, not that, but he couldnt improve a single bit. I dont believe one bit in PA, according to the laws of fm, someone like gotze could not play for 3 years and still eventually reach the same level he would if he had been playing week in week out, which I dont at all believe to be how it actually works.

Also I think if a player breaks his leg or has a major injury it should be possible to have a bigger effect on their attributes than it does.

Whether or not a player like Coutinho reaches his PA is determined by many factors, so you can't really compare players as they are all different and have different values for different stats.

Factors include, but are not limited to,: Playing time, Training, Determination, Ambition (hidden stat), Professionalism (hidden stat), etc.

A player can have a PA of 200, and end up having worse stats than Franco Di Santo. Chances are 'Coutinho' has low determination, ambition and professionalism. You might have not played him enough, either. (By 20, 21 (If he has a PA of 185+) he should be starting at least 25+ games) That is the risk you take. Some players just don't work out if they do not have high enough stats in those areas. I bought one player, with Arsenal, that had a PA of 190+. 5 years later at 24, he is still in my reserves because he is still worse than Bendtner.

It's like normal transfers. Just because you buy someone with good stats, like Axel Witsel, doesn't mean he will perform good (he had a horrendous time with me at Tottenham after I bought him for 21 mil. Had an average rating of around 6.7 and only scored twice in 35+ games).
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:33 pm

Personal Life Section:
    - Invest/Gamble your money
    - Buy ownership in a club or build one from scratch with your money
    - Have a family and have your sons play professional football (Possibly be their agents too)

- More press conference options
    - Skip throw-in, goal kick cut scenes
    - Stop keepers from walking out of the box with the ball in their hand and getting booked for it
    - More playable leagues especially in Africa.
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:16 pm

I fully agree that there should be more options in the press conferences.
    Also, I that it would be great if you could have a life on the game. Like have a son. Go to the training.
    Just lots of little things like that.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:35 am

Fix the fucking AI squad building.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:03 am

Jordi wrote:Fix the fucking AI squad building.

What do you mean?
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:04 am

Oh yeah. You should be able to manage Germany.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Post by Jordi Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:13 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Jordi wrote:Fix the fucking AI squad building.

What do you mean?
    AI managers buy players based on CA and reputation only, regardless of whether they'll fit into their system or not.

All the time the AI buy a player, then they realise that he doesn't fit into their system, and he's on the transfer list straight away.
    Dedge
    Dedge

Post by Dedge Sat May 19, 2012 8:37 am

Basically be Total Club Manager 2006. Can buy houses/dogs/marry your wife/fuck her in ass and whatever hole.

& Can build yourself a stadium with the look you want - this is a vital part I think, its quality.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:39 am

Scouts need to give better team reports for your next opponent. I want to know more than just their formation and what type of goals they score/concede. I want to know what type of mentality they usually play with, if they have a high line of defense, etc. I also want the scout to work with the assistant manager to suggest tactics to employ against my next opponent based on the team report.

I want to be able to see how much a player's attributes increases or decreases over time. I think you can also see a graph over one season. It would be nice to see the changes of attributes over any season.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:35 am

Umm different game modes?

For example a mode in which you can't get sacked, so there's no pressure etc.

It's not really that 'challenging' then, but I would like it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:36 am

Yeah, they had that option on FIFA Manager. Would be nice.

I really want to see the feature of creating your own club and start at the lowest level in the country.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Post by Stranger Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:44 am

I thought you could create your own club already.. I have done it before.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:54 am

In the editor? I meant during the game.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Post by Stranger Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:57 am

Yea in the editor.

But in the game would be better, much easier.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Post by Jordi Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:32 am

Stranger wrote:Umm different game modes?

For example a mode in which you can't get sacked, so there's no pressure etc.

It's not really that 'challenging' then, but I would like it.
    If you want that then just get FMRTE and fuck about with the manager status. They shouldn't have to make game modes to dumb the game down.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Post by Stranger Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:47 am

I don't have any problems with winning stuff, I am unbeaten for 3 seasons in all competitions.

I just want the pressure away.
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:47 pm

They should have Pre-Set challenges like the handheld version does, but obviously a bit more advanced.

I remember some challenges on the LMA Manager 1999 game for PS1.

Stuff like half a season to avoid he drop, achieve consecutive promotions from Division 3.

I did this with Man Utd's treble winning team Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:37 am

Yeah, challenges would make the game more interesting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:53 pm