Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
AndrewCarroll
Grenade
Mouse
Jordi
The Bat-Man
Gegilworld93
Ben 10
Sean
Kuled
Mason
14 posters

Papiss Cisse

Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Papiss Cisse - Page 2 Empty Re: Papiss Cisse

Post by Mouse Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:49 am

I think alot of it is Newcastles system getting the best out of any striker they play. Papiss is still a good striker mind.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:51 am

Mc Babel wrote:I think alot of it is Newcastles system getting the best out of any striker they play. Papiss is still a good striker mind.

Oh my. And the system Arsenal play doesn't get the best out of Van Persie? I bet he wouldn't score half of the goals he did if Arsenal played like Stoke.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:00 am

James wrote:
    Mc Babel wrote:I think alot of it is Newcastles system getting the best out of any striker they play. Papiss is still a good striker mind.

Oh my. And the system Arsenal play doesn't get the best out of Van Persie? I bet he wouldn't score half of the goals he did if Arsenal played like Stoke.
    Not really. Van Persie is a second striker and he still drops deep very often, with the 2 wide players cutting in. Man City for example would suit RVP better than Arsenal.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:02 am

Sign him up voyeur.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:02 am

Grenade wrote:
    James wrote:

Not really. Van Persie is a second striker and he still drops deep very often, with the 2 wide players cutting in. Man City for example would suit RVP better than Arsenal.

So with this opinion you are also saying Messi will be better with Man City? Afterall, Messi does drop deep and the wide players cut inside for Barcelona.

LOL
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:03 am

James wrote:
    Grenade wrote:

So with this opinion you are also saying Messi will be better with Man City? Afterall, Messi does drop deep and the wide players cut inside for Barcelona.

LOL
    Stop trolling, James.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:03 am

It's a valid response.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:19 am

James wrote:
    Grenade wrote:

LOL
    Wtf scratch
    You missed the point, its not about the club its the formation and system. I don't really watch many full Barca matches and admittedly don't know much about Messi's positioning. But going by what you said he would also probably prefer playing in a formation with 2 strikers, allowing him more freedom

This is Leo isn't it ? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:27 am

Grenade wrote:
    James wrote:

LOL
    Wtf scratch
    You missed the point, its not about the club its the formation and system. I don't really watch many full Barca matches and admittedly don't know much about Messi's positioning. But going by what you said he would also probably prefer playing in a formation with 2 strikers, allowing him more freedom

The whole reason a false 9 on his own upfront is effective is the fact the defenders don't know what to do. They don't know whether to go with the man deep or leave him and hope a midfielder picks him up. If they play with another one up front, the defenders have the much easier decision of just picking up the out and out striker naturally and there'll be a free man to just follow the other guy deep. Having 2 strikers also doesn't encourage the wingers to come inside either so it'll mean one less player centrally and probably less dangerous.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:59 am

James wrote:
    Grenade wrote:
    Wtf scratch

The whole reason a false 9 on his own upfront is effective is the fact the defenders don't know what to do. They don't know whether to go with the man deep or leave him and hope a midfielder picks him up. If they play with another one up front, the defenders have the much easier decision of just picking up the out and out striker naturally and there'll be a free man to just follow the other guy deep. Having 2 strikers also doesn't encourage the wingers to come inside either so it'll mean one less player centrally and probably less dangerous.

Did you just make this theory up in your head ?
    Seriously what the fuck is this shit Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:57 am

Excellent response. This is typical of you, can't actually hold a serious debate about football so come out with a couple of lines unrelated or a silly .gif.
    AndrewCarroll
    AndrewCarroll

Post by AndrewCarroll Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Good player playing for a shit club. Move in the summer will happen
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:39 pm

AndrewCarroll wrote:Good player playing for a shit club. Move in the summer will happen

Thank god Carroll got out of there.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:40 pm

AndrewCarroll wrote:Good player playing for a shit club. Move in the summer will happen
    please rely to poll
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:42 pm

That's my boy!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:28 am

Scores again.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:33 am

I forgot this was a bumped thread, I was reading through it like 'I swear people are repeating themselves here.' shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:35 am

L. wrote:I forgot this was a bumped thread, I was reading through it like 'I swear people are repeating themselves here.' shifty

Laughing

That's him score in all 12 that he's played or something like that. Neutral
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:39 am

He should have two by now today, poor form.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:59 am