Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
easley91
Lux
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
chemicalrubber
8 posters

Eric Abidal to have liver transplant

chemicalrubber
    chemicalrubber

Supports : Arsenal

Eric Abidal to have liver transplant Empty Eric Abidal to have liver transplant

Post by chemicalrubber Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:53 pm

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15032012/58/liga-barca-star-abidal-liver-transplant.html

Barcelona have announced that defender Eric Abidal will undergo a liver transplant in the coming weeks.

The France international underwent surgery to remove a tumour on his liver in March last year but returned to the first team and had the honour of lifting the Champions League trophy at Wembley in May.
    However, Barcelona have now said that Abidal will be forced to have a transplant - a course of action that has been under consideration for 12 months.
    A club statement read: "Given the development of his medical condition, Abidal will undergo a liver transplant in the following weeks.
    "The transplant is an option that has been considered since the beginning of his treatment, one year ago."
    Abidal has started 32 games in all competitions for Barcelona this season.

Eurosport

Good luck to him.
    Anonymous

Eric Abidal to have liver transplant Empty Re: Eric Abidal to have liver transplant

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:40 am

I'm sure this is more because we are more aware of the medical conditions concerning athletes than those concerning regular everyday people, but It's ironic how it seems athletes in the best shape of their lives are the ones that seem to get all the freak illnesses.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Eric Abidal to have liver transplant Empty Re: Eric Abidal to have liver transplant

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:03 am

exactly one year ago today the club revealed he had a tumour, horrible news. Anims abidal!
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:06 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:I'm sure this is more because we are more aware of the medical conditions concerning athletes than those concerning regular everyday people, but It's ironic how it seems athletes in the best shape of their lives are the ones that seem to get all the freak illnesses.

Well I wouldn't group cancer under my point, but when you're an athlete training and working hard everyday, putting your body through it's paces.....you're probably more likely to fall ill.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:30 am

Good luck to Abidal, hope it all goes well along with everyone else in the world who needs transplants and other surgeries.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:17 am

be well again soon Abidal! hope everything goes well
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:19 am

Don't care, happens to so many people in the world just cause he plays for Barcelona they have to announce it world wide.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:31 am

Mario wrote:Don't care, happens to so many people in the world just cause he plays for Barcelona they have to announce it world wide.

That's stupid. He has fans. I hear about every single Cristiano Ronaldo goal but I don't hear about Bill from my local pub team's goals. Do you know why? Because no one gives a shit about Bill.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:45 am

Well spoke Mal.
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:39 am

Rick Rosstrich wrote:
    Mario wrote:Don't care, happens to so many people in the world just cause he plays for Barcelona they have to announce it world wide.

That's stupid. He has fans. I hear about every single Cristiano Ronaldo goal but I don't hear about Bill from my local pub team's goals. Do you know why? Because no one gives a shit about Bill.

Cristiano scoring goals is still related to his "job" , this whole thing with Abidal isn't.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:41 am

Seeing as it will probably impede him from doing his job, I'd say it's job related.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:46 am

Best of luck to him, hope he recovers.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:53 am

Mario wrote:
    Rick Rosstrich wrote:

Cristiano scoring goals is still related to his "job" , this whole thing with Abidal isn't.

Of course it is.
    drivescore
    drivescore

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Bayern Munich, Liverpool FC

Post by drivescore Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:05 am

Best Of Luck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:52 am