Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Gegilworld93
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Kuled
Zzonked
Jordi
Laurencio
dena
11 posters

Guy accidentally trolls Spanish press, Atletico fans...

dena
    dena

Guy accidentally trolls Spanish press, Atletico fans... Empty Guy accidentally trolls Spanish press, Atletico fans...

Post by dena Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:04 am

... and a knockoff football kit manufacturer

(taken directly from r/soccer from reddit.com)

TL;DR version
    Last year I made a fake picture of an Atletico Madrid kit for shits and giggles. Spanish press circulated it as the real deal. AM fans were outraged with it. I only found out now that a company that makes dodgy knock-off kits thought it was real too, and physically made the shirt I drew.

NTL;R version
    Right, where to start… First off, I should explain. I do a lot of photoshopping. Sometimes for flyers, others for meme-style stuff, etc. Another thing I like to do sometimes is knock out designs for football shirts. I’ve an interest in football shirts in general so it’s something I do mostly out of boredom or to try out different photoshop methods, such as drawing paths, etc. I post some of these designs on (www.footballshirtculture.com ), which has a gallery section for user created kit designs.
    At the start of January last year, this image appeared on the net showing the yet-unconfirmed 2011/2012 Barcelona kit ( https://i.imgur.com/uzjh8.jpg ). We know now that it turned out to be real, but it wasn't known yet at the time.

I recreated the shirt in Photoshop ( https://i.imgur.com/btDfg.jpg ), just out of curiosity. Then, while I had everything open, I knocked out what an Atletico Madrid shirt might look like using the same style ( https://i.imgur.com/wNEvd.jpg ). Even though I wasn't fond of it myself, I saved it and uploaded to the gallery and thought nothing more of it.

The next day I look at the site and I notice that my Atletico shirt design was getting a huge number of hits (1000 in a couple of days, while other designs uploaded around the same time were barely hitting the hundreds, which is the normal amount). I checked the comments for it and saw that someone had posted saying that the reason my design was getting so many hits was because the Spanish press were circulating my picture as a genuine leak. A quick Google search, and I found this article ( http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/nueva-camiseta-11-12-tendra-rayas/20110102dasdaiftb_39/Tes ).

Here’s a Google translation:

The design of the new shirt of Atletico Madrid for the 2011-12 season saw the light in the Dutch website dedicated to footballshirtculture.com. This shirt would end up with stripes on the sleeves and incorporate a total of seven red stripes on eight other white, unlike the five traditional red. The main change would be that the red lines would lose thickness as they move toward the bottom of the shirt for the white parts. The neck, which last season was red and it was changed to white, disappear for the 2011-12 and thus give a more in polo shirts and less. The new red and white uniform is always one of the best kept secrets as a sports brand that sponsors the club always likes to keep the mystery about how it will be the shirt. Therefore, to uncover new project now, Nike could consider a change to the model that has been discovered by this website or redesign a new model. In addition to the shirt of Atletico, the Dutch website also uncovered the design of future zamarra of Barcelona, very similar to Atleti, but Blaugrana, the Arsenal, Manchester United or Ajax.

Another quick search then brought up this thread ( http://www.colchonero.com/camisetas_2011_2012_filtracion-itemap-16-94789-1.html ) on www.colchonero.com , which from what I could ascertain, is a major Atletico Madrid forum. Sufficed to say, feedback was pretty divisive.

Twenty-seven pages. Twenty-seven pages of Atletico Madrid fans in uproar over the shirt. My shirt. The shirt that I casually shat out in a couple of bored minutes. I didn’t even like it.
    This was all a year ago. However, I found out today that, not only did the Spanish press believe my shirt to be the real deal, but so did a company in Asia that make knock-off replica shirts. To get their dodgy merchandise out at the same time as the official kit launch, they sometimes have to go ahead with manufacturing before the design is confirmed...
    I think you know now where this is going.

So without further ado, I present to you, the physical manifestation of a fake Atletico Madrid shirt design that I threw together in about ten bored minutes. ( https://i.imgur.com/MFQVy.jpg )

I can't stop laughing.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty good shit.

The thread on the Atletico website has been deleted but the fact that his design actually was re-created is funny.

Original link. http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/owbs8/how_i_accidentally_trolled_the_spanish_press/

Also, why the FUCK can't we hyperlink.

Last edited by dena on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:11 am; edited 3 times in total
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Guy accidentally trolls Spanish press, Atletico fans... Empty Re: Guy accidentally trolls Spanish press, Atletico fans...

Post by Laurencio Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:07 am

rofl

Genius.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Guy accidentally trolls Spanish press, Atletico fans... Empty Re: Guy accidentally trolls Spanish press, Atletico fans...

Post by Jordi Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:09 am

rofl

That is superb.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:13 am

Another quick search then brought up this thread on www.colchonero.com, which from what I could ascertain, is a major Atletico Madrid forum. Sufficed to say, feedback was pretty divisive.
    Twenty-seven pages. Twenty-seven pages of Atletico Madrid fans in uproar over the shirt. My shirt. The shirt that I casually shat out in a couple of bored minutes. I didn’t even like it.

I like this bit. Laughing

It's not even that bad. I like how you can actually buy it now. Laughing
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:15 am

rofl
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:29 am

read it a while ago but yeah its brillaint Laughing
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:09 am

this is fantastic Laughing.

I can imagine why they didn't like it though, apparently they have the image of being Barca bum-boys in Spain, which isn't true at all, they just hate Real as well, that's about it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:19 am

That's brilliant rofl
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:24 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:this is fantastic Laughing.

I can imagine why they didn't like it though, apparently they have the image of being Barca bum-boys in Spain, which isn't true at all, they just hate Real as well, that's about it.

What are you on about Atletico hate Barcelona just about as much as we hate them. Except since we're the bigger team and have more history between the two teams. the Atletico game isn't considered as big outside of Spain but inside of Spain Atletico vs Barcelona is considered as a very big game.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:34 am

Mario wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:this is fantastic Laughing.

What are you on about Atletico hate Barcelona just about as much as we hate them. Except since we're the bigger team and have more history between the two teams. the Atletico game isn't considered as big outside of Spain but inside of Spain Atletico vs Barcelona is considered as a very big game.
    That's why I said 'apparently', when I was in Spain people told me about it, they get accused of playing badly against Barca etc, it's mostly banter though.
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:19 am

Guy accidentally trolls Spanish press, Atletico fans... 599439

Very funny! I quite like the look of the kit to be honest. Looks cool.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:27 am

If I were him, I would definitely buy the shirt. Laughing

Would be pretty neat wearing your own shirt design around.
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:32 am

Trolling the Spanish media, Atletico's fans and some company making dodgy knockoffs. Successful troll is very successful. One hell of a nice job.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:07 pm

what's a hyperlink?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:18 pm

El_indian wrote:what's a hyperlink?

Oh dear. Neutral
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:24 pm

hi

Very Happy

is that a hyperlink?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:25 pm

El_indian wrote:hi

Very Happy

is that a hyperlink?

Yes, it is.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:27 pm

yay Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:24 pm