Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Just noticed something about FIFA.

Anonymous

Just noticed something about FIFA. Empty Just noticed something about FIFA.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:48 pm

Just noticed something about FIFA that completely flew over my head until now. Where are the rest of the wingbacks? I know it's a very minor detail and they are all mostly labeled as full backs but I just found it really odd how there are only a handful of wingbacks. The best rated LWB in the game(not counting Classic XI) is a Brasileiro named Juan rated 74.

I know they don't have any Sweepers but I'm not sure if they got rid of players labeled RF/LF and just labeled all of them RW/LW, but it's just weird they didn't just label all the player RB/LB and only label 28 of them as RWB/LWB. It's like what makes these wingbacks and not just fullbacks in EA's eyes? Laughing

What's also weird is that 3 nationalities make up most of these players.

They are composed of; 7 Mexicans, 5 Italians, 4 Brazilians, 2 Norwgians, 1 Argentinian, 1 German, 1 Ecuadorian, 1 South Korean, 1 Swiss, 1 South African, 1 Estonian, 1 US American, 1 Scot and an Englisman.

I know no one cares but it's just kinda curious.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Just noticed something about FIFA. Empty Re: Just noticed something about FIFA.

Post by Childish Logic Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:22 pm

Think it has to do with the fact that most fullbacks are expected to be capable wingbacks nowadays.

like it is being bred out, being classified as a winger or a fullback.

you get me?

Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Well Armero for example is listed as a wingback, where he plays for Udinese since they play with three at the back. Same for Pasquale and Basta, both at Udinese to.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:21 am

NZG wrote:Think it has to do with the fact that most fullbacks are expected to be capable wingbacks nowadays.

like it is being bred out, being classified as a winger or a fullback.

you get me?

No I get you, but it's really weird how just these 28 get put in the wingback category and everyone else is a fullback. They are all attack minded fullbacks obviously and maybe some aren't the greatest defenders in the world but then surely Santos would also be considered a wingback.

It's just really random.

Gegilworld93 wrote:Well Armero for example is listed as a wingback, where he plays for Udinese since they play with three at the back. Same for Pasquale and Basta, both at Udinese to.
    In the formation but their actual position is listed as fullbacks.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:33 am

Is the American Dolo?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:42 am

No some other dude with like 50 overall, but they just changed everything with the new update. The data base I was looking at seem to be updating all the new information now. -_-
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:52 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:Well Armero for example is listed as a wingback, where he plays for Udinese since they play with three at the back. Same for Pasquale and Basta, both at Udinese to.
    Well after the update they are wingbacks and I can't see that many others.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:56 am

There was a sweeper on the game last year, Bronze Mexican. My question is why put a player in the game with a formation he doesn't fit into to? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:22 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Ché Guayaba wrote:
    Well after the update they are wingbacks and I can't see that many others.
    Yeah, after the update everything changed. -_-

crump wrote:There was a sweeper on the game last year, Bronze Mexican. My question is why put a player in the game with a formation he doesn't fit into to? Laughing
    I know who you are talking about. Fernando Salazar. "El Pollo" rated 64 overall I think. He's actually a really good player. Has 9 caps to his name. Unfortunately Mexico has always had good defenders, no way is he getting into the squad when at the time we had Carlos Salcido(played as a centerback those days) Ricardo Osorio(also played as a center back) and Rafa Marquez in the squad.

He's not in this years game though because he plays in Mexico's second division. There are some actually some quality players playing in Mexico's second division, wish it was in the game.

They are all like 30+ years old though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content