Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Emma
Gegilworld93
Laurencio
Kuled
chiboygeorge
drivescore
Muhkoo
Paulinho
Andy
13 posters

Will Borussia M'gladbach win the German Bundesliga title?

Anonymous

Will Borussia M'gladbach win the German Bundesliga title? Empty Will Borussia M'gladbach win the German Bundesliga title?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:25 am

After narrowly avoiding relegation only last season? Playing football like this, why not?

They currently sit, only 3 points behind league leaders Borussia Dortmund.
    Anonymous

Will Borussia M'gladbach win the German Bundesliga title? Empty Re: Will Borussia M'gladbach win the German Bundesliga title?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:29 am

They have a very good chance after smashing Bayern Munich and Schalke a few games ago.

Still think Dortmund will win it though, they're haven't lost a league game since September 18th and they're only going to get stronger when Gotze returns from injury.
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Will Borussia M'gladbach win the German Bundesliga title? Empty Re: Will Borussia M'gladbach win the German Bundesliga title?

Post by Andy Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:36 am

Fuck. I might watch their next game. Surprised
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:35 pm

Between them and Dortmund.
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:35 pm

That was sexy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:35 pm

No, Zidan will guide Mainz to glory.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:12 pm

ahlycotc wrote:No, Zidan will guide Mainz to glory.

This or his other german club BVB.

(he still needs to come back to the danish league and win the title for FC Midtjylland, had he done it they would have named the stadium after him Cry )
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Muhkoo wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:No, Zidan will guide Mainz to glory.

(he still needs to come back to the danish league and win the title for FC Midtjylland, had he done it they would have named the stadium after him Cry )

It's still locally called the Zidan Arena, right?
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Post by Muhkoo Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:39 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Muhkoo wrote:

It's still locally called the Zidan Arena, right?

No that did go away after a while, when they couldn't produce results people started not showing up, which hurt them a bit because every time Zidan played the stadium was sold out(also brought a lot into the stadiums away) , they've had other popular players along the way but none with the same impact and haven't really been close to the title since.

Be that as it may, it could be cool if he came back but i am not so sure he could that easily toy with the defensive players here now as he could then, even though its not that long ago the league has gotten a lot better, while the teams used to just be happy about getting into the group stage in European competitions, they want to at least produce a result now and not just have bigger European teams visiting.

Also i only got to see him once, in a somewhat special game when he tore up Brøndby just when Michael Laudrup had taken over as coach for them. The same season however they went back and Laudrup had gotten the players to play his style of football a bit better and he only scored once in a nail biter of a 2-1 loss for Midtjylland
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:41 pm

If he does leave the Bundesliga, I think he will return to Egypt. He said that if the right offer came from Ahly or another club, he would accept it.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Post by Muhkoo Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Last year there was talk of Brøndby wanting to bring him in, he stated himself that if he was to return to Denmark he wouldn't go down in pay and it would only be for one of the big Copenhagen clubs or Midtjylland. His son has danish citizenship and has a danish girlfriend/wife.

If he'd return here it would be sort of last blast i'd think if he isn't already on that with Mainz 05, could imagine him wanting to settle down here as well after.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:06 pm

Yeah. He got a little media backlash in Egypt by having a baby out of wedlock. I think he recently said he was going to marry his girlfriend soon. I remember before he got his first call-up for Egypt, he angered quite a few folks with his talk of feeling more Danish than Egyptian and wanting to play for the Danish national team.

He is a good player, but his attitude sometimes puts me off.
    drivescore
    drivescore

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Bayern Munich, Liverpool FC

Post by drivescore Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:20 pm

Between them and Bayern.
    Dortmund can fuck off.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Post by Muhkoo Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:28 pm

ahlycotc wrote:Yeah. He got a little media backlash in Egypt by having a baby out of wedlock. I think he recently said he was going to marry his girlfriend soon. I remember before he got his first call-up for Egypt, he angered quite a few folks with his talk of feeling more Danish than Egyptian and wanting to play for the Danish national team.

He is a good player, but his attitude sometimes puts me off.

While he developed here he certainly doesn't have much of a danish feel to him either. Which i guess is why he and Egypt haven't gotten along that well since he is very confident, at times arrogant and selfish (also the reason why Midtjylland didn't actually perform that well overall when he was there)

It was quite funny with that mention of wanting to be on the danish national team back then (he needed to stay 2-3 more years in the country to get his 7 that are required) but it was brought up to the national team coach and he was like, sure if he can pass the citizenship test and such I'd be happy to have him, but said it in the way like the journalist was insane and that was never going to happen... we are unreasonably strict with immigration and citizenship, if he was to move to another club in another country he would have to start over with those 7 years unless he married someone at the time he was here as well as keeping his home here, unlikely that any footballer would do that as they'd pretty much cut their pay in half or more.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:44 pm

That goal by Arango. wank 2
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:46 pm

drivescore wrote:Between them and Bayern.
    Dortmund can fuck off.
    You can fuck off.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Glorious football, have to start watching them.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:40 pm

I think Dortmund has it, but they havr certainly been impressive.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:00 am

I posted this in the Bundesliga thread but anyway, M'Gladbach have conceded fewer goals than Juventus, Barcelona & Bayern Munich making them Europe’s best defence. Smile

Will Borussia M'gladbach win the German Bundesliga title? Bestdefence
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:23 am

Wow. who are their defenders?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:28 am

Laurencio wrote:Wow. who are their defenders?
    Daems - Dante - Brouwers - Jantschke
    Ter Stegan

They're not the best individually but they play really well together and thay have a fantastic young keeper in Ter Stegan Smile
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:39 am

Ter Stegen not worthy
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:14 am

Favre not worthy
    Emma
    Emma

Post by Emma Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:18 am

If Gladbach does qualify for the Champions League this season there will be so many "supporters" coming out of the woodwork Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:27 am

Emma wrote:If Gladbach does qualify for the Champions League this season there will be so many "supporters" coming out of the woodwork Laughing

Not this shit again, I've told you before, I've supported them since I was a boy. Rolling Eyes

hehe
    Emma
    Emma

Post by Emma Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:28 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:
    Emma wrote:If Gladbach does qualify for the Champions League this season there will be so many "supporters" coming out of the woodwork Laughing

Not this shit again, I've told you before, I've supported them since I was a boy. Rolling Eyes

hehe

Laughing
    Big_Tihno
    Big_Tihno

Supports : Al-Ittihad, Arsenal.

Post by Big_Tihno Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:29 am

Bayern will sweep all before them.
    drivescore
    drivescore

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Bayern Munich, Liverpool FC

Post by drivescore Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:32 am

Big_Tihno wrote:Bayern will sweep all before them.

This man knows his Fußball Smile
    Big_Tihno
    Big_Tihno

Supports : Al-Ittihad, Arsenal.

Post by Big_Tihno Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:35 am

drivescore wrote:
    Big_Tihno wrote:Bayern will sweep all before them.

This man knows his Fußball Smile
    Will Borussia M'gladbach win the German Bundesliga title? Ahmadinejad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:47 am

I always liked Mochengladbach because of their successes in the olden days. My dad told me a story or two about them as well. I always had a like to fallen giants. I'm glad if they start doing well. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 5:56 am