Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Cadbury
Andy
Danny
Laurencio
8 posters

Carlos Tevez returns for a second chance, but.....

Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Carlos Tevez returns for a second chance, but..... Empty Carlos Tevez returns for a second chance, but.....

Post by Laurencio Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:28 am

He does so by complaining about his manager and acting like a spoilt child Laughing

Manchester City officials are ready to forgive Carlos Tevez for his misdemeanours and begin the process of integrating him back into Roberto Mancini's squad when he returns from Argentina on Tuesday . Tevez, for his part, said: "I know what it takes to revert the situation," while admitting issues remain with his manager. Indeed Tevez went as far as to say Mancini treated him "like a dog" over the incident at Bayern Munich incident in September.

City expect their rebel striker on Tuesday morning and have made plans to assess his fitness and offer him a tailor-made training programme. Yet with the Argentinian in a not entirely contrite mood during a decidely spiky interview with South American television given before his departure from Buenos Aires it is clear bridges between the recalcitrant player and Mancini need rebuilding.

If City imagined their former captain might eat humble pie such notions were disabused as Tevez made it clear that, while he is ready to commit to a fresh start, he feels wronged by what he perceives as Mancini's mishandling of the situation. By way of pouring oil on troubled waters the striker also revealed that he almost came to blows with the Italian last season.

Nonetheless it is anticipated that planned talks with City's manager will end in an apology from the player followed by a mutually convenient truce which, by fast-tracking Tevez back into the first team, could benefit both parties. Although City believe the striker's claims that he is only two weeks away from match fitness are unrealistic, they will tread carefully around a man who has spent the last three and half months in Argentina following a falling-out with Mancini and have instructed staff that he should not be cold-shouldered. In return Tevez will almost certainly drop his appeal to the Premier League against a six-week, £1.2m, club fine.

"I've decided to return to Manchester. I know what it takes to revert the situation. I know it'll be hard but it's a nice challenge," said Tevez who, judging by warm comments from James Milner and Pablo Zabaleta, will be welcomed back into the dressing room. "I want to win the City fans back over. People turned their back on me. I didn't understand City fans burning my shirt. It hurt. But it's normal they react like that because they read lots of things."

Initially it seemed that the fallout from the forward's refusal to warm up during a Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich at the end of September would prompt his January departure from City. As the cold war between player and club intensified, Internazionale, Milan and Paris St-Germain all registered informal interest in Tevez – who stomped off to Buenos Aires in November – but, ultimately, no bid arrived. On Monday he defended his stance in Munich. "I never refused to play," said Tevez. "I refused to keep warming up. He's [Mancini] in the middle of an argument, so then he tells me to keep on warming up and treats me like a dog. I was willing to play, but the coach was in such a foul mood because he had that argument with Dzeko. Mancini said some horrible things to me.

"The club had an investigation and fined me. The club statement protected the manager; I got a lot of heat from the media. We could have sorted things out in a different way. I found shelter with family [in Argentina]."

During long afternoons playing golf, Tevez came to accept that reconciliation with his manager represented the only realistic way of repairing his damaged reputation before securing a summer exit from the Etihad Stadium. Similarly, City's recent slump in form reminded Mancini that the Argentinian's goalscoring talent could prove title-clinching. "I've been training on my own," said Tevez. "I know I can be back on the pitch in two weeks. There's no need for City to make me have two training sessions a day."

Although Mancini expects an immediate apology it may be grudging. "Last season we almost exchanged punches after a home game with Newcastle," said Tevez. "We almost hit each other in the dressing room but we spoke the following day. Mancini's position got stronger when [Sergio] Agüero joined. I don't know if he would have done the things he did last season."
    Danny
    Danny

Carlos Tevez returns for a second chance, but..... Empty Re: Carlos Tevez returns for a second chance, but.....

Post by Danny Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:29 am

What a way to return. Laughing

Can't wait until he leaves City, the cunt.
    Anonymous

Carlos Tevez returns for a second chance, but..... Empty Re: Carlos Tevez returns for a second chance, but.....

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:30 am

He's coming to Liverpool, according to Soccernomics.

Last edited by Cam on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:30 am

"I've decided to return to Manchester. I know what it takes to revert the situation. I know it'll be hard but it's a nice challenge,"

"I know I can be back on the pitch in two weeks. There's no need for City to make me have two training sessions a day."

I laughed at these.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:31 am

Socconomics!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:31 am

if he returns its gonna make mancini look so weak and desperate

but he will help them win the league and everyone will forget about it Neutral Tevez >> Man City football club
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:42 am

ViVaRooney wrote:if he returns its gonna make mancini look so weak and desperate

but he will help them win the league and everyone will forget about it Neutral Tevez >> Man City football club

You mean like Man U forgiving Rooney?

Rooney > Man U football club
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:45 am

Britfag wrote:
    ViVaRooney wrote:if he returns its gonna make mancini look so weak and desperate

You mean like Man U forgiving Rooney?

Rooney > Man U football club

totally different since rooney never refused to play, contract negotiations are normal. and when rooney made that comment he apologized straight away and signed the contract. if he didnt apologize he would be out

tevez not only hasnt apologized for months, he doesnt seem to want to apologize.. and also he left the club without even getting permission to go back to argentina lmao
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:46 am

I remember when nearly every Man United fan on here slated Rooney and said they'd never forgive him for what he did and that he's a cunt.

Now it's all forgotten and he's back in their avatars, sigs and usernames.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:49 am

cause he apologized very fast and admitted he was wrong...

and signed the contract
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:58 am

No, this was afterwards. People were still saying it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:01 am

oh, well i cant speak for everyone but majority (that i was around) were ready to forgive him after the apology. i dont know why anyone would reject the apology
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:02 am

So if Tevez apologies then it's fine.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:04 am

Tantalizing thread title Laurence. Jela has taught you well.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:05 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:Tantalizing thread title Laurence. Jela has taught you well.

Meh it's late and I'm on a tablet. Creativity fails me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:05 am

well it could be, i mean he did wait abit too long and is still bitching about it Neutral plus mancini said he will never play for MAn City again so thats why i mainly said it would make him look weak

tevez has run away from the club... its a totally different situation to rooney as i said, i am not a city fan so i cant put myself in their shoes but rooney never went this far and i wouldnt wanna know what would have happened if he did
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:09 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:Tantalizing thread title Laurence. Jela has taught you well.

Sorry, didn't mean to insult.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:10 am

the only situation thats similar to rooney was when tevez handed in a transfer request last january and then signed a new contract like a day or 2 later... that was exactly like the rooney saga and city fans forgave him then.

this situation is FAR worse then that and rooney's. so again i dont know why that was brought up
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:11 am

Laurencio wrote:

Don't do something you'll regret man.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:11 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

Sorry, didn't mean to insult.

I'm not, but eh late, brains not working right. Not sreally sure about half the stuff I write or read at te moment lol!
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:12 am

Yea, but if Rooney did do this, you would eventually forgive him, football fans are extremely fickle.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:13 am

I'd never forgive Suarez if he acted like such a bitch.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:16 am

Sean wrote:Yea, but if Rooney did do this, you would eventually forgive him, football fans are extremely fickle.

If Rooney said Fergie treated him like a dog, that he almost got in a fist fight with him, and that he only treated him like this because he had say Welbeck. Then proceeded to go to Liverpool and hang around at home eating pies and doing whatever Rooney does in his spare time for 3 months...

Yeah... Not likely he would be a United player long enough to be forgiven after that.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:18 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Sean wrote:Yea, but if Rooney did do this, you would eventually forgive him, football fans are extremely fickle.

If Rooney said Fergie treated him like a dog, that he almost got in a fist fight with him, and that he only treated him like this because he had say Welbeck. Then proceeded to go to Liverpool and hang around at home eating pies and doing whatever Rooney does in his spare time for 3 months...

Yeah... Not likely he would be a United player long enough to be forgiven after that.

But thats neither here nor there, you would forgive him if he came back and scored important goals, of course you would.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:22 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:I'd never forgive Suarez if he acted like such a bitch.
    Does that every other week. Carlos Tevez returns for a second chance, but..... 3925848005
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:27 am

Sean wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

But thats neither here nor there, you would forgive him if he came back and scored important goals, of course you would.

the thing is i am not talking about fans here am i.. i am talking about the manager/club

at the end of the day if rooney had gone this far we wouldnt have a chance to forgive him since he wouldnt be at the club. ferguson has gotten rid of bigger players for far less
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Post by Demoz Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Mancini already said City would welcome him back if he wanted to return.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:32 am

Carlos Tevez has finally apologised to Manchester City for going on strike - clearing the way for him to play for them again.

Tevez, whose decision to go AWOL in his native Argentina for three months cost him around £10million, has also withdrawn his appeal to the Premier League over the £1.2m fine imposed on him by City for his unauthorised trip.

The former City skipper, who returned to Manchester last week, issued an unreserved apology for his conduct but - significantly - did not name boss Roberto Mancini, with whom his falling out prompted his decision to return and sulk his homeland.

In a statement issued through City, Tevez said: "I wish to apologise sincerely and unreservedly to everybody I have let down and to whom my actions over the last few months have caused offence.

"My wish is to concentrate on playing football for Manchester City football club."

Tevez met with City's football administrator Brian Marwood at the club's training ground yesterday and agreed to say sorry. Mancini was not present at the meeting but was informed of Tevez's willingness to apologise and agreed to accept the apology.

Mancini and Tevez have yet to come face-to-face since the striker's return, but the player's climbdown paves the way for him to play for City again, five months after his refusal to warm up during a Champions League game at Bayern Munich looked to have finished him at the club.

Although Mancini initially said Tevez was "finished" at City following his show of disloyalty, he later softened his stance, informing the 28-year-old there was a way back for him if he apologised for his conduct.

At first Tevez refused, but the failure of him and his advisors to force through a move in January's transfer window is understood to have prompted their dramatic rethink, culminating in his grovelling apology.

Despite his contrition, Tevez will not be considered for selection until he has completed the rigorous training programme he has been set by City to get himself back into shape following his self-imposed exile.

But he is set to play a role in the title race run-in now he has decided to swallow his pride and accept he was wrong to turn his back on City, his antics having left him significantly out of pocket in terms of fines, docked wages and lost bonuses.

A City spokesman said: "Carlos has today apologised to all concerned for his recent conduct. He returned to the football club last Tuesday, following a three month absence from duties, without permission.

"Carlos has also withdrawn his appeal against the Club's finding of gross misconduct which was due to be heard by a Premier League panel in the coming days. He has since begun a training program designed to return him to optimum fitness."

Tevez has started just two games for City this season, his last appearance coming against Birmingham in the Carling Cup on September 21.

shifty
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:54 am

Shame.

He might actually play now.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:56 am

Embarrassing from City.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:22 pm