Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Laurencio
Phadunkin Donuts
Grenade
iSamuel
Marvin
Lux
Jorlung
Mouse
Jord
dena
ResurrectionRooney
El_indian
16 posters

Mass effect 3

Anonymous

Mass effect 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Mass effect 3

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:42 am

Point wrote:Day 1 DLC?

facepalm

Should just include it in the game...
    ME2 had a Day 1 DLC too. It was Zaeed. Neutral

The Protean is Awesomesauce Very Happy

He apparently has been in stasis for 50,000 years. I question how we would be able to communicate with him.... We would have needed a team of scientists and linguists examining his language to implement in the translator. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:50 am

Ok, I see the Prothean DLC costs money unlike Zaeed's.

Looking through ME wiki, I see it is included in the Collectors Edition among bunch of other cool shit.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_3#Retail_Bonus_Items

I guess I will preorder the Collectors edition from EB Games to get the extra weapons. I left the link up for you guys to get the best deal for yourselves in your geographic region.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:22 pm

I'll just pirate the game along with the DLC's and fuck multiplayer Neutral
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:44 am

The collector edition is sold out all over the country, it's disgusting we have to pay for it now. Such a key thing too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:26 am

79.99 for Collectors edition... think

It says it is currently unavailable for preorder.

I am new to this, I never preordered before... When will it be available for preordering again?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:35 am

Also, how does pre-ordering work? If I can't pre-order it because they are out of stock, can I still 'pre-order' it after the game comes out and still get the extra bonuses I want?

I am asking this because I always bought the game at stores and never really bought anything online in my life...
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:04 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:Also, how does pre-ordering work? If I can't pre-order it because they are out of stock, can I still 'pre-order' it after the game comes out and still get the extra bonuses I want?

I am asking this because I always bought the game at stores and never really bought anything online in my life...

Online no.

If you went into a store and asked if you could still get the pre-order bonus then maybe?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:26 am

I see. Things shall be arranged.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:37 am

I'm so damn angry at the day 1 DLC, it should be included in the game or at least be free! I know it's optional but it's a PROTHEAN ffs, it's not just some random human mercenary. guess I'll just have to buy it, this is the last game of the trilogy and I want to have the full experience...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:06 am

Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:45 am

So I'm a bit late to the party, started playing the first one a few days ago.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:30 am

Cerberus News stories from ME2 are back on.

02/24/2012 - Citadel Ship Shot Down Over Garvug

“Official ship for Citadel Committee on Paleotechnology shot down over Garvug. Data files on Prothean inventions could be in criminal hands.”

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Cerberus_Daily_News_-_February_2012#02.2F24.2F2012

Shit's going down in the Garvug saga. You can follow the stories back to the first newspost in the link above, but basically the Corporations seemed to have attacked and brought down a Citadel ship! Surprised

Good addition. It isn't only the species that Commander Shepard needs to unite, but also the corporations who are probably as powerful as some races's military. I would love to see this idea implemented into ME3.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:43 am

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40465Mass-Effect-Download/dp/B00477472Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1329697797&sr=1-1
    http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40450Mass-Effect-Download/dp/B00452VH0Q/ref=sr_1_2_title_0?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1329697797&sr=1-2

Amazon selling ME1 and ME2 real cheap for those interested.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:51 am

OK so I downloaded and played the demo yesterday, prior to playing I had no idea what this game was like. Having played it I have to say I don't know why it is rated so highly...

Basically I was running along a predetermined path following some dude, shooting some bad guys and reaching the objectives, I thought it was supposed to be an open-world RPG game? Confused

The combat reminds me of Uncharted - run, take cover, shoot about 20 aliens and then move on...I imagine it could become a bit repetitive.

The menu's were also a bit confusing and complicated, maybe I should start from the 1st game.

The voice acting also seemed pretty bad and cheesy, there were also frame-rate issues on the ps3.

So does the demo fully represent this game? Should I play it from the 1st game?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:05 pm

The,demo cut pieces of levels and left only the combat.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:11 am

Went to EB games today, they are sold out... Fuck the bonus actually, big fucking whoop. I care about not paying 10 dollars more for a fucking new character. Mad

I understand if there are no more physical Collectors Editions left out there, but why can't we fucking order them anymore? Surely every product sold is producing profit? I don't care about getting the game on launch date, I can wait a month, heck even 3 for the game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:23 am

Is it worth paying extra for the collectors edition?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:06 am

Yah.

Mainly because of the DAY 1 DLC. Dry Smile But you get stuff like alternative appearances and stuff which is cool.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:10 am

£33 for the normal one or £70. Cry
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:49 am

Might be cheaper for you guys to buy the DLC then.

In North America, it's not woth it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:47 am

El_indian wrote:OK so I downloaded and played the demo yesterday, prior to playing I had no idea what this game was like. Having played it I have to say I don't know why it is rated so highly...

Basically I was running along a predetermined path following some dude, shooting some bad guys and reaching the objectives, I thought it was supposed to be an open-world RPG game? Confused

The combat reminds me of Uncharted - run, take cover, shoot about 20 aliens and then move on...I imagine it could become a bit repetitive.

The menu's were also a bit confusing and complicated, maybe I should start from the 1st game.

The voice acting also seemed pretty bad and cheesy, there were also frame-rate issues on the ps3.

So does the demo fully represent this game? Should I play it from the 1st game?

you should really play the first two games first, this game's best attribute is it's story. So play the first and second one and then buy ME3 Very Happy The demo is quite boring in terms of gameplay yeah, the full game is much more open than that, you can go practically anywhere in the galaxy and explore loads and loads of stuff.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:11 am

Mass effect 3 - Page 2 Tumblr_lw7rcw8JTN1qaiwdo
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:32 am

UK retailer GAME has announced that it will not be stocking Mass Effect 3, one of the biggest games of the year. This news follows previous announcements that the chain wouldn't be stocking The Last Story, and until recently had no plans to sell Ubisoft's PS Vita launch lineup.

According to an alleged internal memo, leaked to Eurogamer, GAME blames unfavorable credit terms. The implication seems to be that GAME was not offered a good deal in exchange for selling the game, so it made a "very difficult decision."

While it's certainly believable that EA would offer a retailer a bum deal, this is still reflecting very poorly on the UK's most powerful videogame retailer. Not stocking high profile titles is becoming a "thing" for the company, and I'd say that GAME not stocking Mass Effect 3 is like a movie theater being unable to show The Hobbit. It's embarrassing.

Many pundits have confidently declared that GAME will not die because of these recent shenanigans, and that may be true -- but you can't convince me that it's not in some real hot water at the moment. A game store that can't sell games is a game store that's in a pretty bad position.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:45 am

Should I order this for £33 still even though I still need to complete the first 2, or would it drop down in price by the time I complete it?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:31 am

if you preorder it from certain retailers, you get special weapons and stuff. Though if you didn't play the first two, I doubt you'd care too much.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:21 pm

You should really play the 1st 2 if you're on Xbox, or just the 2nd and watch the interactive back story on PS3.

Be mental to dive right into ME3 without knowing any of the back story. Would ruin half the experience.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Moose wrote:Should I order this for £33 still even though I still need to complete the first 2, or would it drop down in price by the time I complete it?

No, it'll stay the same price forever and ever. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:09 am

Point wrote:You should really play the 1st 2 if you're on Xbox, or just the 2nd and watch the interactive back story on PS3.

Be mental to dive right into ME3 without knowing any of the back story. Would ruin half the experience.
    ME1 is kind of a waste of time, you could edit your save to make your decisions from ME1 and import it into a new save game on ME2.

But if you never played the series before, definitely get ME1, even if the game is kinda shitty compared to the others...
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:31 am

The only problem with ME1 is that there are A MILLION FUCKING ITEMS, so annoying. The combat is a little weird but after an hour of playing the game it settles.

I had ME2 for 360 but am going to get ME3 from PS3, did the dev's say anything about making decisions regarding the first two to affect the third? (like the comic in ME2 for PS3)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:47 am

I'd get ME3 for Xbox if you got it for ME2.

You can also mod saves in Xbox, you can't for PS3.

Plus you'll loose achievements like Millionaire and stuff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:59 pm