Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
jonnyc23
lvrpl4life
Grenade
Demoz
VivaRonaldoLAD
Theo Filippo
Lux
Jorlung
Mal
ResurrectionRooney
Andy
Gegilworld93
Sean
Zzonked
18 posters

Szczesny apologises for 'rapist' quip

Anonymous

Szczesny apologises for 'rapist' quip Empty Szczesny apologises for 'rapist' quip

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:29 am

Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has issued an apology for saying in a Twitter message team-mate Aaron Ramsey looked "like a rapist''.

Polish goalkeeper Szczesny has been reminded by the club of his responsibilities when using the social network site, and apologised for any offence his remarks may have caused.

Szczesny, 21, wrote on Twitter: "I'm sorry if anyone was offended by my previous tweets. There are some thing (sic) we should not joke about and I have crossed the line. Sorry!''

The statements mocking Wales captain Ramsey have since been deleted from Szczesny's timeline.

Ramsey, 21, had posted a picture of himself attending a golf event, to which Szczesny replied: "I don't wanna be rude mate but you look like a rapist on that picture! lol'', before following it up with "Looking like a rapist/pedofile (sic) isn't a good thing either Wink''

Ramsey had taken the comments as light-hearted, replying: "jealousy is not a good thing mate'' and "I try my best mate we're not all blessed with a good fashion sense like you''.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1006967/arsenal's-wojciech-szczesny-apologises-for-'rapist'-quip?cc=5901
    Anonymous

Szczesny apologises for 'rapist' quip Empty Re: Szczesny apologises for 'rapist' quip

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:32 am

They were clearly referring to the fact that Ramsey looks like Van Persie. Smile
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Szczesny apologises for 'rapist' quip Empty Re: Szczesny apologises for 'rapist' quip

Post by Zzonked Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:32 am

Maybe Ramsey should also apologize for looking like a rapist.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:34 am

Szczesny apologises for 'rapist' quip Aaron-ramsey-306570038

Dark alley and that face pops up. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:45 am

Oh if anyone was offended by that they might as well die.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:46 am

Jordo wrote:Szczesny apologises for 'rapist' quip Aaron-ramsey-306570038

Dark alley and that face pops up. shifty

I can see what Sczcesny is talking about.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:57 am

I met Szczesny's girlfriend in Egypt last year. Told me that I should start supporting Arsenal and having Wojech as my favourite player. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:00 am

Can someone post the picture he was talking about?
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:01 am

It would be a privilege to be raped by Ramsey
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:05 am

Sean wrote:It would be a privilege to be raped by Ramsey

I think alot of players know what it feels like to be raped by Ramsey. Szczesny apologises for 'rapist' quip 784961
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:18 am

Adz wrote:
    Sean wrote:It would be a privilege to be raped by Ramsey

I think alot of players know what it feels like to be raped by Ramsey. Szczesny apologises for 'rapist' quip 784961
    this Very Happy

White yesterday if I recall correctly although he did really well.

And how is that racist? Suspect
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:30 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Adz wrote:

this Very Happy

White yesterday if I recall correctly although he did really well.

And how is that racist? Suspect

It doesn't say racist. It says rapist.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:31 am

How is this news?
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:38 am

Scott wrote:Can someone post the picture he was talking about?

Szczesny apologises for 'rapist' quip Aiyv6U_CIAERq4J
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:50 am

Doesn't really look like a rapist in that picture to be honest, more in the one Jordo posted. Laughing

This is pretty stupid to be honest. I'd bet every one of us (bar probably RR) would say that to a friend. Kind of ridiculous that people would be "insulted" by this..
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:50 am

Who does this offend? People who resemble Ramsey?

It's a sad world where you have to be perfect at all times.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:01 pm

Jorlung wrote:Doesn't really look like a rapist in that picture to be honest, more in the one Jordo posted. Laughing

This is pretty stupid to be honest. I'd bet every one of us (bar probably RR) would say that to a friend. Kind of ridiculous that people would be "insulted" by this..

I'd definitely say that to a friend if I thought it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Lux wrote:Who does this offend? People who resemble Ramsey?

It offends rapists.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:02 pm

BladeGunner wrote:

It offends rapists.

Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:11 pm

Er...rape victims obviously. A bit like when David Haye predicted that his fight with Audley Harrison would be comparable to a gang rape.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:16 pm

....So people are offended because Szczesny said Ramsey looked like a rapist in one of his pictures. facepalm

Rape victim or not, that's still pathetic to get offended over.

Last edited by Splashy on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:16 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Er...rape victims obviously. A bit like when David Haye predicted that his fight with Audley Harrison would be comparable to a gang rape.

It offends rape victims by suggesting that rapists look like a young footballer playing golf? think
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:17 pm

I feel like that one was worse because he sort of belittled the act of rape.

This one is just sort of saying rapists look creepy.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Sarmz wrote:

It offends rape victims by suggesting that rapists look like a young footballer playing golf? think

I guess you could get offended that he's joking about it at all.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Seems like you're not allowed to joke about anything anymore for fear of someone being offended. What's worse are people who it seems their sole purpose in life is to be offended on behalf of other people.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:23 pm

Sarmz wrote:Seems like you're not allowed to joke about anything anymore for fear of someone being offended. What's worse are people who it seems their sole purpose in life is to be offended on behalf of other people.
    I agree with you especially on the bolded, like when some people interpret comments as racist on behalf of other races.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Sarmz wrote:Seems like you're not allowed to joke about anything anymore for fear of someone being offended. What's worse are people who it seems their sole purpose in life is to be offended on behalf of other people.

Dude, that's offensive towards people who are offended easily. Don't joke about that.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm

Racist against rapist. Rolling Eyes
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm

Viva Ronaldo 7 wrote:Racist against rapist. Rolling Eyes
    Negrito.
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Post by Demoz Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm

This isn't news at all

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:19 am