Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
ShakerMatty
Gegilworld93
VivaRonaldoLAD
Keanoo
GK01
samiz
Ham.
Mason
Barton
Zzonked
Van Wolfswinkel
Potato-7
Sean
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Andy
Ben 10
Kuled
easley91
Jeff
VDVSpurs11
24 posters

Stoke City VS Tottenham Hotspur

Anonymous

Stoke City VS Tottenham Hotspur - Page 9 Empty Re: Stoke City VS Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:01 am

Lux wrote:Dodgiest thing was that towel on Shotton's shirt facepalm Surely if towels are disallowed then that is just an unsportsmanlike way to get around it

He had a towel shirt? I thought it was just an undershirt.
    Anonymous

Stoke City VS Tottenham Hotspur - Page 9 Empty Re: Stoke City VS Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:01 am

Yayyyyyyy
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:03 am

Cam wrote:
    Lux wrote:Dodgiest thing was that towel on Shotton's shirt facepalm Surely if towels are disallowed then that is just an unsportsmanlike way to get around it

He had a towel shirt? I thought it was just an undershirt.

Na it was something stitched on.....near the end it was hanging off of his shirt Laughing

We were guessing he had it though even before we saw it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:04 am

I hope Spurs' 2nd half performance encourages other teams (especially against rigid 4-4-2's like Stoke's) to play 5 at the back. Spurs completely dominated the 2nd half up until the red card and should have been 2-2 when Adebayor was wrongly given offside.
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:04 am

XxBradKennedyxX wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    u mad. clearly mad Laughing

no shit. I hate stoke so much but when the ref is like that as well, words cant describe how fuming I am.

YOU'RE MAD rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:04 am

I'm going to bed fuck this Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:05 am

I Andy I wrote:
    XxBradKennedyxX wrote:

no shit. I hate stoke so much but when the ref is like that as well, words cant describe how fuming I am.

YOU'RE MAD rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Oh stop trolling.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:06 am

James wrote:I hope Spurs' 2nd half performance encourages other teams (especially against rigid 4-4-2's like Stoke's) to play 5 at the back. Spurs completely dominated the 2nd half up until the red card and should have been 2-2 when Adebayor was wrongly given offside.

It would certainly be interesting to see it used more. Bale and Walker are pretty set to play as wingbacks aswell and it wouild solve the problem we have with having too many CBs shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:06 am

XxBradKennedyxX wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Man City 14 38
    Man Utd 15 36
    Tottenham 14 31
    Arsenal 15 29
    Chelsea 14 28
    Liverpool 15 26
    Newcastle 15 26

Still looks very good for Spurs.

lost the initiative to go ahead of you, lost our unbeaten/win streak, must win game against chelsea in 2 weeks time, absolutely must win.

you cant finish ahead of us anyway, we have the best manager in the world

you should be aiming for 3rd at best
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:07 am

Crouch handball for the first
    Towel under the shirt
    Kaboul fouled by shawcross but no penalty
    Woodgate not getting sent off for a rash challenge on the edge of the box when on a booking
    Handball on the line by shawcross
    Adebayor goal was onside
    Shawcross handball from the defoe shot
    Kabouls 2nd yellow was harsh and I think walters was offside anyway
    8575893759 fouls around the edge of the box not given

im so mad Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:07 am

ViVaRooney wrote:
    XxBradKennedyxX wrote:

lost the initiative to go ahead of you, lost our unbeaten/win streak, must win game against chelsea in 2 weeks time, absolutely must win.

you cant finish ahead of us anyway, we have the best manager in the world

you should be aiming for 3rd at best

I'd take 3rd in a heartbeat.

tbh I'd take 4th.

Just want us to get back in the CL to take us to the next level. Not going to attract the right players playing in the EL
    Potato-7
    Potato-7

Supports : Olympiakos

Post by Potato-7 Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:08 am

Spurs will still get 3rd
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:08 am

XxBradKennedyxX wrote:Crouch handball for the first
    Towel under the shirt
    Kaboul fouled by shawcross but no penalty
    Woodgate not getting sent off for a rash challenge on the edge of the box when on a booking
    Handball on the line by shawcross
    Adebayor goal was onside
    Shawcross handball from the defoe shot
    Kabouls 2nd yellow was harsh and I think walters was offside anyway
    8575893759 fouls around the edge of the box not given

im so mad Neutral
    Was crazy tbf.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:09 am

Stoke not worthy
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:10 am

Wish arry would just call foy a cunt
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:17 am

Tottenham forum has gone into meltdown Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:19 am

Point wrote:
    James wrote:I hope Spurs' 2nd half performance encourages other teams (especially against rigid 4-4-2's like Stoke's) to play 5 at the back. Spurs completely dominated the 2nd half up until the red card and should have been 2-2 when Adebayor was wrongly given offside.

It would certainly be interesting to see it used more. Bale and Walker are pretty set to play as wingbacks aswell and it wouild solve the problem we have with having too many CBs shifty

Liverpool did it away at Chelsea last season. Napoli play 5 and then the 2 in front as well. I liked what Harry did, wing backs where 1 natural full back and 1 winger for good balance. Defensively it worked great and the front 3 is really flexible.

Chile play with 2 wingers and a striker.
    Spurs did 1 attacking mid, 2 strikers.
    Napoli play an attacking mid, winger and 1 striker.

So many teams could play this formation comfortably if they are willing to let their team play fast, attacking football on the deck.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:21 am

its nice to see the refs screw someone other then man utd
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:22 am

Stoke City VS Tottenham Hotspur - Page 9 KPDBI
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:23 am

ViVaRooney wrote:its nice to see the refs screw someone other then man utd

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:24 am

Mr Leiva wrote:Stoke City VS Tottenham Hotspur - Page 9 KPDBI
    Even if that wasn't a penalty which I think it was, Stoke had so much more go in their favour, handball for their goal, Spurs should have had another penalty, should have had a goal, another penalty plus a red card for stoke, another red card for stoke, so that gif is shit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:25 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Even if that wasn't a penalty which I think it was, Stoke had so much more go in their favour, handball for their goal, Spurs should have had another penalty, should have had a goal, another penalty plus a red card for stoke, another red card for stoke, so that gif is shit.

Eh.

Kyro, am just posting a gif.

Relax.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:27 am

That must've been a strong gust of wind that knocked Modric over.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:28 am

Mr Leiva wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Even if that wasn't a penalty which I think it was, Stoke had so much more go in their favour, handball for their goal, Spurs should have had another penalty, should have had a goal, another penalty plus a red card for stoke, another red card for stoke, so that gif is shit.

Eh.

Kyro, am just posting a gif.

Relax.
    Who made that gif and where did it come from.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:28 am

Bout fucking time Spurs lost. Well played Stoke clap
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:29 am

Modric is a cheat, like Suarez.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:29 am

Stoke did play well and came out firing first half we couldn't handle it, BUT there were multiple decisions that went against us. Not just one or two either. Crouch's handball for their goal (could go either way depending on ref, though at first viewing as it happened I thought handball). Kaboul getting hauled down by Shawcross in the box, clear penalty. Handball on the line, then straight after Adebayor onside to make it 2-2 but given offside. Multiple fouls outside the box but NONE given. What summed it up for me and when I knew it wasn't our day was when a corner wasn't given after it had clearly came of Woodgate (who was nice to see actually, top defender). Don't understand how we couldn't defend against Crouch when 3 of the back 4 trained with him week in week out for 1-2 years. Should've dealt with him better.

Had we played the way we did in the 2nd half in the 1st it could've been different. However, the result is we lost 2-1. Now the test is to come back from a setback after a great run and beat Sunderland next week then face Chelsea at home. Remember we still have that game in hand! It's in our hands and ours to lose.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:31 am

Get a shot from behind the goal where you see contact, without that this gif is pointless. Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:32 am

It was a dive and a foul in my opinion.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:33 am

It was deffinitley a foul, you can see the contact that has been made, the fact that he dived is irrelevent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:36 am