Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
samiz
Danny
Steadman
Van Wolfswinkel
Clark
Barton
Gegilworld93
easley91
LFC_Grunners
Uncle John from Jamaica
Grenade
Mason
CM Monk
Andy
Phadunkin Donuts
Ben
Jeff
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Kuled
Zzonked
David N'Gog
chiboygeorge
26 posters

UCL - Napoli v. Manchester City

Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

UCL - Napoli v. Manchester City - Page 6 Empty Re: UCL - Napoli v. Manchester City

Post by Barton Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:25 am

Milner was wank last season, flopped big time. Have to say i'm impressed with how much he's improved.

Arguably MOTM tonight as well.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

UCL - Napoli v. Manchester City - Page 6 Empty Re: UCL - Napoli v. Manchester City

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Nasri's boxer shorts rofl
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:05 pm

Pic? shifty
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:16 pm

SBSP wrote:Pic? shifty
    UCL - Napoli v. Manchester City - Page 6 Stock-photo-funny-boxer-shorts-in-dollars-on-white-background-42131926
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:18 pm

Steadman wrote:
    SBSP wrote:Pic? shifty
    UCL - Napoli v. Manchester City - Page 6 Stock-photo-funny-boxer-shorts-in-dollars-on-white-background-42131926

Bitter.

Mischief

shifty

gay
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:18 pm

It looked like those comic book topman boxers Laughing
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 pm

Mr Leiva wrote:
    Steadman wrote:

Bitter.

Mischief

shifty

gay
    Love

gay
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:56 pm

Credit to Dena Love

UCL - Napoli v. Manchester City - Page 6 7i0fq1
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:50 pm

Lux wrote:This wasn't at Barcelona level......but Man City did have 60% possession....generally on the stats you would have thought that City would at least take a draw.

Still.....it does happen quite a lot and fair play to Napoli.....as obviously possession isn't everything.

Also I only watched the first half.....but I thought Milner played well. I dunno what the general consensus is (though I have gathered that it is quite negative).....but I think he has been one of City's best performers this season.

Opta said City had 70% of possession
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:51 pm

grenade187 wrote:
    Lux wrote:This wasn't at Barcelona level......but Man City did have 60% possession....generally on the stats you would have thought that City would at least take a draw.

Still.....it does happen quite a lot and fair play to Napoli.....as obviously possession isn't everything.

Also I only watched the first half.....but I thought Milner played well. I dunno what the general consensus is (though I have gathered that it is quite negative).....but I think he has been one of City's best performers this season.

Opta said City had 70% of possession

Meh BBC said 60% Neutral. Opta are more reliable though I guess.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:24 am

Gonna watch the full match now, really delighted Cavani is showing how good he is..now on the big stage not worthy
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:27 am

Kuled wrote:Gonna watch the full match now, really delighted Cavani is showing how good he is..now on the big stage not worthy

As long as City doesn't snap him up Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:30 am

He'll come to Spurs once we've won the League this year
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:35 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Kuled wrote:Gonna watch the full match now, really delighted Cavani is showing how good he is..now on the big stage not worthy

As long as City doesn't snap him up Neutral
    I'd be devastated.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:23 am

Why would City want him?
    They already have 3 of the best strikers in the league.
    If an English club were to sign him it'd probably be Chelsea I reckon. Especially with the likelihood that 2/3 strikers will be leaving soon.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:31 am

grenade187 wrote:Why would City want him?
    They already have 3 of the best strikers in the league.
    If an English club were to sign him it'd probably be Chelsea I reckon. Especially with the likelihood that 2/3 strikers will be leaving soon.

Well Cavani + Agüero + Balotelli = Easily one of the quickest and most lethal attacking trios in the world.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:58 am

Balotelli + Aguero + Dzeko + Cavani are 4 of the best strikers in the world. How would Mancini satisfy them all with enough playing time when they're all ready to start week in week out ? Then there's still Adebayor and possibly Tevez they could still be stuck with.

Playing 3 strikers at once just wont work Laughing
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:00 am

grenade187 wrote:Balotelli + Aguero + Dzeko + Cavani are 4 of the best strikers in the world. How would Mancini satisfy them all with enough playing time when they're all ready to start week in week out ? Then there's still Adebayor and possibly Tevez they could still be stuck with.

Cavani and Balotelli can both play wider, and Agüero can drop down in the hole if necessary. Tevez is finished in City. This is the man who thinks that his midfield is sorely lacking, so he's clearly not afraid to add to the squad if he thinks it will benefit them.

Also, Messi, Pedro and David Villa has refuted the "3 strikers don't work" theory a few dozen times now.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:03 am

Our attack is really fluid this year, generally the front four just do whatever they want. Laughing

City don't need Cavani, but I definitely wouldn't say no. It would involve a lot more rotating of the strikers though.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:06 am

Zzonked wrote:Our attack is really fluid this year, generally the front four just do whatever they want. Laughing

City don't need Cavani, but I definitely wouldn't say no. It would involve a lot more rotating of the strikers though.

David Silva not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:07 am

Balotelli isn't one of the best strikers of the world, don't get ahead of yourself. Dzeko hasn't done enough in recent times either.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:41 am

Laurencio wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:Balotelli + Aguero + Dzeko + Cavani are 4 of the best strikers in the world. How would Mancini satisfy them all with enough playing time when they're all ready to start week in week out ? Then there's still Adebayor and possibly Tevez they could still be stuck with.

Cavani and Balotelli can both play wider, and Agüero can drop down in the hole if necessary. Tevez is finished in City. This is the man who thinks that his midfield is sorely lacking, so he's clearly not afraid to add to the squad if he thinks it will benefit them.

Also, Messi, Pedro and David Villa has refuted the "3 strikers don't work" theory a few dozen times now.

except pedro is a winger, villa plays as a winger and barca defend from the front which is all important, couldnt see balotelli closing down like pedro does.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:49 am

Laurencio wrote:

Lettuce be reality, City are no Barcelona. Plus its not like those 3 play centrally all at once for Barca. Villa and Pedro are still a constant threat to the fullbacks and don't really play the role of a "striker". I mean I get what you mean Balotelli and Cavani slightly wider out than Aguero but it would surely be better for City to sign a player more suited to that role than waste Cavani there?

Eternal Witcher wrote:Balotelli isn't one of the best strikers of the world, don't get ahead of yourself. Dzeko hasn't done enough in recent times either.
    Balotteli is class. Dzeko is fantastic too. Potatoes gona potate.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:53 am

Well that's an exceptional answer.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:31 am

Ray Wilkins calling Napoli "Naples" facepalm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:23 am