Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
fluffy_kittens
Carlos Jenkinson
Mouse
Laurencio
theboss
Jord
Muhkoo
Childish Logic
Mal
VivaRonaldoLAD
Coatsy
Kuled
Theo Filippo
easley91
luke.
The Zlatan
Jeff
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Grenade
23 posters

How do you solve a problem like Arsenal?

Poll

How do you solve a problem like Arsenal?

[ 6 ]
    How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Bar_left21%How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Bar_right [21%] 
    [ 10 ]
    How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Bar_left36%How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Bar_right [36%] 
    [ 1 ]
    How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Bar_left4%How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 3 ]
    How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Bar_left11%How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 2 ]
    How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Bar_left7%How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 1 ]
    How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Bar_left4%How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 0 ]
    How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Bar_left0%How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 5 ]
    How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Bar_left17%How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Bar_right [17%] 

Total Votes: 28
    Anonymous

How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Empty How do you solve a problem like Arsenal?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:56 am

It's obvious they have many problems but which course of action should the club take first?

Last edited by RobbieSavageIsA... on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Empty Re: How do you solve a problem like Arsenal?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:57 am

Take it behind the sheds and shoot it in the head.
    Anonymous

How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? Empty Re: How do you solve a problem like Arsenal?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:59 am

Cam wrote:Take it behind the sheds and shoot it in the head.

Constructive criticism please.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:59 am

I'm okay with this.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:00 am

Fine. I would say just keep going until January, try to strengthen, get some good players. I dunno who they could replace Wenger with.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:00 am

Totally change the formation and style or sack Wenger (srs)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:03 am

They need to change their style of play now that all their sources of vision & creativity (Fabregas, Nasri, etc.) have gone. None of these players seems to be capable of playing the right ball at the right time. Hardly any one-two touches either - they can pass as much as they want, but everyone dawdles on the ball now. By the time they make the pass, the opportunity is gone or the opposition has read it, forcing an error or stealing the ball.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:07 am

Sack Wegner. Bring in Rafa.
    Bring in Xavi Valero as goalkeeper coach.
    Bring in new physios, and change coaching.
    Sell all shite inconsistent players.

/problem solved.

Come at me bro.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:09 am

all of the above
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:12 am

Sack wenger also they need 2 strengthen in january
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:13 am

Death by lethal injection.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:13 am

Sack Wenger and staff, bring in Ancelotti or Benitez.
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:13 am

easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:15 am

If they sack Wenger, then do it before January so the new manager has the whole month to bring in who he wants.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:28 am

January. Spend at least 50 million.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:29 am

luke. wrote:Sack Wenger and staff, bring in Ancelotti or Benitez.

Please don't.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:31 am

RobbieSavageIsA... wrote:They need to change their style of play now that all their sources of vision & creativity (Fabregas, Nasri, etc.) have gone. None of these players seems to be capable of playing the right ball at the right time. Hardly any one-two touches either - they can pass as much as they want, but everyone dawdles on the ball now. By the time they make the pass, the opportunity is gone or the opposition has read it, forcing an error or stealing the ball.

Hmm. I should've voted for 'Sack Wenger', because none of these things can realistically be achieved with him still in charge.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:38 am

Seriously though. I would get Kroenke in charge asap to feed the club money. We need a large financial injection like Liverpool got to revamp the squad and to get rid off all the deadwood.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:40 am

Get Wenger out.
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:40 am

grenade187 wrote:Seriously though. I would get Kroenke in charge asap to feed the club money. We need a large financial injection like Liverpool got to revamp the squad and to get rid off all the deadwood.

Pretty sure Kroenke signed up to a self sustaining club that could generate it's own transfer funds. If you want a injection of cash then the club probably should of let Usmanov take those shares.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:41 am

Bring back David Dein, get Usmanov on the board, hire a defensive coach, lower the intensity of training. The rest should fall into place nicely.
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:13 am

Splashing the cash in January all depends on how we cope till then which at the moment doesn't look particularly great. I doubt you'd be able to attract the top quality players you want if by January you don't look likely to get back in the CL. I think we need to splash the cash but I doubt you'd be able to bring real quality like Hazard or Goetze on the draw of Premier League football alone. We desperately need more midfield creativity makes you realise how ridiculously good cesc was Sad theres no incision in the team anymore,no one to play that killer pass that our systems built on. Its just pass it round and round then get destroyed on the counter attack. Hardly any decent one touch passing again today.

We desperately need Wilshere and Vermaelen back in the team. Wenger needs to get a defensive coach someone like Keown who helped us get to a CL final with a vastly inexperienced back four most of the knock out stages beating Real Madrid,Juventus and Villareal on the way. He comes across as too stubborn to accept our defensive frailties though.

I'd love to see us try a 442 although I don't think we have the personnel to allow us to create that solid base in midfield allowing our front four to interchange etc. I'm not sure how effective Walcott would be as a centre forward,you look at Wenger's transition of Thierry from a winger to a centre forward and well,the only thing they really have in common is the pace,his technical ability is about 1% of what Henry had. His finishing still isn't the best although he can be decent in one on situations.

I think Wenger also does need someone to push him into taking risks in the transfer market a David Dein figure if you will.

If were going down the whole sacking route,i'd rather have Ancelotti over Benitez. No doubt it'd be someone like Remi Garde or Dragan Stojkovic though.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:14 am

Laughing

JackWilshere Jack Wilshere
    Glen Hoddle is the most biased pundit around....handball is handball does not matter where the right back is!!!!!!!!!
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Disband the club and knock down the stadium so gypsies can have the land.

I am now done with Arsenal until there's significant investment or Wenger's sacked.

At least I can enjoy the football season without stress. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:23 pm

Mal wrote:Disband the club and knock down the stadium so gypsies can have the land.

I am now done with Arsenal until there's significant investment or Wenger's sacked.

At least I can enjoy the football season without stress. How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? 279869

support palermo with me i am building a fan club already we have 2 members me and pilkz, u can be the third
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Cam wrote:Take it behind the sheds and shoot it in the head.

rofl
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Make deal with Barcelona, become Barcelona Barsenal.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:36 pm

mauro=beast wrote:
    Mal wrote:Disband the club and knock down the stadium so gypsies can have the land.

At least I can enjoy the football season without stress. How do you solve a problem like Arsenal? 279869

support palermo with me i am building a fan club already we have 2 members me and pilkz, u can be the third
    not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:38 pm

theo u will support palermo ? Very Happy
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:22 pm

Yes Mauro not worthy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:14 am