Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Grenade
SBSP
fluffy_kittens
Pippo
Demba Ba
Carlos Jenkinson
VivaRonaldoLAD
11 posters

Celtic and FC Sion to meet again....

VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Celtic and FC Sion to meet again.... Empty Celtic and FC Sion to meet again....

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:56 am

at Madrid airport.

CELTIC and Sion are set to meet again — at Madrid AIRPORT.
    SunSport can reveal the warring Euro rivals are on another continental collision course.
    Both clubs are pressing ahead with their Europa League plans — with both bizarrely scheduled to arrive in the Spanish capital at the same time next Wednesday.
    Controversial Sion chairman Christian Constantin is refusing to accept his club's fate despite being kicked out by UEFA. And a spokesman for the Swiss side last night confirmed they have booked their charter plane for Spain.
    Celtic, meanwhile, are now selling tickets for their Group I clashes with Atletico Madrid, Rennes and Udinese.
    And the Spaniards are convinced it WILL be Celtic they'll face — after omitting Sion from their newly-printed match tickets.
    The Hoops — who lost 3-1 to Sion in last month's qualifier — were reinstated after the Swiss club was found guilty of fielding FIVE ineligible players.
    But until that appeal is heard, probably early next week, confusion reigns as to who will face Atletico.
    A spokesman for Sion — who have forged ahead with plans to upgrade their stadium for big Euro games — said last night: "We know everything Celtic are doing. They can do what they want.
    "We've confirmed our flights to Madrid and have hotel accommodation booked.
    "We are preparing to be on the pitch in Madrid next week."

Read more:http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3802171/Swiss-to-fly-to-Madrid-for-Euro-tie.html#ixzz1XO8usDRv
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Celtic and FC Sion to meet again.... Empty Re: Celtic and FC Sion to meet again....

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:58 am

Bet they arrive 10 hours later
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Celtic and FC Sion to meet again.... Empty Re: Celtic and FC Sion to meet again....

Post by Demba Ba Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:08 am

Shocking decision. Sion should remain disqualified.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:41 am

I feel sorry for the players and fans. They are a laughing stock of a club now in my opinion around Europe because of their chairman.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:22 am

how are players ineligible? I dont get it.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:30 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:how are players ineligible? I dont get it.

Seriously? facepalm
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:36 am

Why does this matter? Neutral

Fluffy. facepalm
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:36 am

SBSP wrote:Why does this matter? Neutral

Fluffy. facepalm

Do you not think it would be funny if they actually showed up at the stadium Laughing
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:37 am

Wait, they're trying to play the game anyway? rofl
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:41 am

SBSP wrote:Wait, they're trying to play the game anyway? rofl

Yes, they have their flights booked to Madrid Laughing
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Didn't really keep up with this but can anybody explain what rule Sion broke to be found guilty of fielding 5 ineligible players ? Cup tied or what?
    JonjoShelvey
    JonjoShelvey

Formerly known as : Snoopy
    Supports : Liverpool Football Club.

Post by JonjoShelvey Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:18 pm

fluffy_kittens wrote:how are players ineligible? I dont get it.
    not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm gonna stick up for Fluffy here because I think he meant what reason are they ineligible for? It's funny you all mocked him but didn't actually tell him why. Dicks.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:29 pm

grenade187 wrote:Didn't really keep up with this but can anybody explain what rule Sion broke to be found guilty of fielding 5 ineligible players ? Cup tied or what?

They were given a transfer embargo for 2 transfer windows, which they to took as meaning 1 season of transfer windows rather then 2 (summer/winter windows = 2 in their eyes) so they bought some players and played them against Celtic, one of which scored. So Celtic complained to UEFA and they got banned.

I think
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:22 am

Soin refuse that they are out of the Europa League basically. rofl
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:23 am

blackskar wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:Didn't really keep up with this but can anybody explain what rule Sion broke to be found guilty of fielding 5 ineligible players ? Cup tied or what?

They were given a transfer embargo for 2 transfer windows, which they to took as meaning 1 season of transfer windows rather then 2 (summer/winter windows = 2 in their eyes) so they bought some players and played them against Celtic, one of which scored. So Celtic complained to UEFA and they got banned.

I think

yeah cause I'm sure the plays who signed for FC Sion are way better then the guys Celtic had. Rolling Eyes dumb shit, Celtic blows, let Sion play.
    champions67
    champions67

Supports : Celtic

Post by champions67 Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:50 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    blackskar wrote:

I think

yeah cause I'm sure the plays who signed for FC Sion are way better then the guys Celtic had. Rolling Eyes dumb shit, Celtic blows, let Sion play.

Sion were given a transfer ban for illegally signing a player. When Sion were drawn with Celtic in the Europa League, they deliberately broke the transfer ban and bought five new players. Sions controversial chairman announced that he intended to defy the ban and play the new players against Celtic. Sion were warned that if they played any of the ineligible players they would be eliminated from the competition. The Sion chairman ignored the warning and they played them in both legs.

UEFA followed up their warning and removed Sion from the competition and reinstated Celtic. Sion deliberately broke the rules.

The Sion chairman clearly has a few screws loose. He was once heavily sanctioned for kicking a linesman in the balls. I feel sorry for the Sion fans as if it weren't for their psychopathic chairman they would still be in Europe.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:52 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    blackskar wrote:

I think

No, Sion broke the rules. Sion = OUT
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:55 am

Fluffy kittens facepalm
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:33 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    blackskar wrote:

I think

You're actually a total idiot.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:14 am

I gotta stick up for Fluffy here too.

Celtic blows, let Sion play. Very Happy
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:16 am

Polska's just mad because he/she has something against Scottish football there there
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:47 am

polska. wrote:I gotta stick up for Fluffy here too.

I dont understand how you can sign someone illegally? shouldn't FIFA or whoever step in before it even gets to that? Shouldn't the ref not let the ineligible players play? what was the point of Celtic even playing Sion if the players were illegal?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:48 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    polska. wrote:I gotta stick up for Fluffy here too.

I dont understand how you can sign someone illegally? shouldn't FIFA or whoever step in before it even gets to that? Shouldn't the ref not let the ineligible players play? what was the point of Celtic even playing Sion if the players were illegal?
    Oh I understand where you got confused at.

These signings are eligible to play in their local Swiss League, but not in UEFA controlled Europa League.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:52 am

Their chairman's a numpty too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:15 am

SBSP wrote:Their chairman's a numpty too.
    Celtic got eliminated by Sion. By Sion. Sion is a Swiss club, and not a very good one at that.

How do you feel about the state of your club?
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:24 am

Everytime I read the title of this thread it reminds of Toy Story with Buzz and the Zorg guy Laughing

"We meet again Buzz, for the last time" rofl

Just putting that out there. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:12 pm