Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Scuba Steve
MickStupp
dena
Grenade
chiboygeorge
Harrold
Demba Ba
Clark
Lux
Gegilworld93
14 posters

2 teams from 1 European nation in EL Group Stages

Kelloggg8

Formerly known as : QwertyKirby
    Supports : CF América, Toronto FC

2 teams from 1 European nation in EL Group Stages - Page 3 Empty Re: 2 teams from 1 European nation in EL Group Stages

Post by Kelloggg8 Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:26 pm

16 years? Damn...

/Thread.
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

2 teams from 1 European nation in EL Group Stages - Page 3 Empty Re: 2 teams from 1 European nation in EL Group Stages

Post by TheRangersFan Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:28 pm

Can't think of one Polish team in my life that has been in Europe after Christmas. Poor county socially and poor county footballery.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:39 pm

Lech Poznan were last season. Neutral
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Is that the only one mate? Last 32 of Europa is a bit of a joke in 20 years tbh.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:45 pm

The state of Polish football has been very poor for the last two decades, I should know that more than anybody. Laughing

But things are changing. I would be worrying about the state of your own football rather than on Polish footy if I were you. Polish Football is on the way up. Wink
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:49 pm

Well how about you shut the fuck up and stop trying to bring Scottish teams into it to try and wind folk up? Our country will always be better than Poland.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:49 pm

cheesy wrote:
    Mutant123 wrote:
    cheesy wrote:Well done to the Polish teams. Hopefully they can put their country on the map and do well.

No need for that second part though. If our clubs earned anywhere near as much as the Premier League teams and any decent players weren't taken at a young age by Premier League clubs, and we were still doing bad, you could then laugh at us.

Yeah because Maribor and Sion earn so much more than you 2 teams from 1 European nation in EL Group Stages - Page 3 279869

I never said they did. If Celtic and Rangers earned anything like the amount the English teams do, Sion and Maribor would have been swept aside.

Celtic and Rangers don't deserve to earn that amount of money. Shit teams get shit money. Simple

Simples
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:49 pm

TheRangersFan wrote:Well how about you shut the fuck up and stop trying to bring Scottish teams into it to try and wind folk up? Our country will always be better than Poland.
    but it isn't? scratch
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:53 pm

polska. wrote:
    TheRangersFan wrote:Well how about you shut the fuck up and stop trying to bring Scottish teams into it to try and wind folk up? Our country will always be better than Poland.
    but it isn't? scratch

?

It is to be honest mate. Don't mean to offend or start arguments.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:56 pm

TheRangersFan wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    but it isn't? scratch

?

scratch scratch Don't want to offend him but you said your country is better than yours???

That's like me saying Scotland is shit but i don't mean to offend you.
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:59 pm

NZG wrote:
    TheRangersFan wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    but it isn't? scratch

?

scratch scratch Don't want to offend him but you said your country is better than yours???

I don't hate Poland or New Zealand. All I said was Scotland is better at football than Poland, which is fair and correct friend. think
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:09 pm

No it isn't.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:10 pm

SBSP wrote:No it isn't.
    2 teams from 1 European nation in EL Group Stages - Page 3 29nwgnt
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:11 pm

Gro

ßkreutz.

2 teams from 1 European nation in EL Group Stages - Page 3 240250-kevin-grosskreutz-trifft-fuer-den-bvb-in-der-nachspielzeit_485x364

Last edited by SBSP on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:12 pm

TheRangersFan wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    TheRangersFan wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    but it isn't? scratch

?

I don't hate Poland or New Zealand. All I said was Scotland is better at football than Poland, which is fair and correct friend. think
    On what grounds?

What international success does Scotland have?

Poland has two world cup trophies and various Olympic medals.

Scotland has none.

Poland currently has two teams competing against the European Elite this year.

Scotland has none.

Poland has attracted several international footballers to the league this summer.

Scotland hasn't attracted any international footballers to their league this summer other than a few Koreans and other nobodies.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:13 pm

saw it before edit, doesn't count (srs)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:20 pm

polska. wrote:BUT THEY AREN'T SCOTTISH!!! 2 teams from 1 European nation in EL Group Stages - Page 3 70955

CONGRAT'S TO WISLA KRAKOW AND LEGIA WARSZAWA!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

AND TO FC ZURICH AND SION

AND TO AEK ATHENS AND PAOK

And to every other team to make it into the group stages of the CL or EL, and let's all take the moment to 2 teams from 1 European nation in EL Group Stages - Page 3 70955 at our Scottish counterparts for their failures and shittyness. 2 teams from 1 European nation in EL Group Stages - Page 3 70955

2 teams from 1 European nation in EL Group Stages - Page 3 439459
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:28 pm

polska. wrote:
    TheRangersFan wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    TheRangersFan wrote:
    polska. wrote:but it isn't? scratch

?

On what grounds?

What international success does Scotland have?

Poland has two world cup trophies and various Olympic medals.

Scotland has none.

Poland currently has two teams competing against the European Elite this year.

Scotland has none.

Poland has attracted several international footballers to the league this summer.

Scotland hasn't attracted any international footballers to their league this summer other than a few Koreans and other nobodies.

You've had something against Scottish football for as long as I can remember mate. Maybe it is because you are jealous of what such a small country has achieved compared to your apparent homeland.

I don't have anything against Polish teams and I hope they do well as it is always nice to see smaller countries do well in Europe.

BTW, Poland doesn't have any World Cups, I don't know wtf you are on about there. And who really gives a fuck about Olympic medals?

Internationals that came to Rangers this year, US captain Bocanegra, US international Alejandro Bedoya, Romanian international Goian, Scotland international Lee Wallace and Australia international Matt McKay.

As I said, I have no problem with Polish football and I wish them luck this year.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Two 3rd places, and back then when Poland one them Olympic Medals, they were big deals. Laughing

Oh and sorry, I meant current internationals, excluding Scotland obviously..
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:39 pm

polska. wrote:Two 3rd places, and back then when Poland one them Olympic Medals, they were big deals. Laughing

Oh and sorry, I meant current internationals, excluding Scotland obviously..

Bocanegra captain of USA so is obviously a current international.
    Bedoya was selected for the gold cup and Klinsman said he is an international.
    McKay has been in the place of Emerson all year.
    Goian not sure about, he has almost 50 caps so must be some sort of international player.

Ortiz is pish and isn't good enough for Spain.
    Wallace is alight but Scottish so you've disqualified him.

That's all our signings. Ortiz is the only senior player not to be capped at international level.

I do not dislike Poland. You've always had a bug up your ass about Scotland for some reason.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Like I said, Friendly rivalry. Smile

For what it's worth, I always though of Scotland as Poland's still shitty at football second cousin. shifty
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Smile

I think Poland have a nice group for the WC qualifiers. I can see them finishing second at least. Scotland will probably finish below Croatia, Serbia and Belgium.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:55 pm

goian sucks man sorry but his nickname in palermo was mr accident

but dont worry, gilk is suck as well his nickname was mr sit on bench

but doesnt matter

in my opinion scottish football declining for long time, im not surprise that polish teams and other nations will beat them because scottish just dont have quality anymore. they show spl match on setanta once a week where i live on replay when i watch those team play i will not be surprise if championship and league 1 team will beat old firm just my opinion because they look virtually identical in term of style and quality on the field, obviously old firm have better fan though
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:18 pm

mauro=beast wrote:goian sucks man sorry but his nickname in palermo was mr accident

but dont worry, gilk is suck as well his nickname was mr sit on bench

but doesnt matter

in my opinion scottish football declining for long time, im not surprise that polish teams and other nations will beat them because scottish just dont have quality anymore. they show spl match on setanta once a week where i live on replay when i watch those team play i will not be surprise if championship and league 1 team will beat old firm just my opinion because they look virtually identical in term of style and quality on the field, obviously old firm have better fan though

A lot of Championship clubs could beat the Old Firm, but for the moment, the Old Firm would beat most League 1 teams. That won't stay the same way for long though.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:20 pm

polska. wrote:
    dena wrote:Polish teams haven't made the CL in like 16 years, why are you gloating?
    Meh, one step at a time. Wisla were 4 minutes away from being in the CL group stages. Laughing

Look at you. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:57 pm

dena wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    dena wrote:Polish teams haven't made the CL in like 16 years, why are you gloating?
    Meh, one step at a time. Wisla were 4 minutes away from being in the CL group stages. Laughing

Look at you. Neutral
    Next season Wisla will be in the CL group stages, and Lech, Slask and Legia will be in EL group stages. shifty

Anyway, My team admittedly has problems, I think we will have a good shot at getting out of our group, but my team is lacking the chemistry we had last season.

Legia Warszawa on the other hand... Their team is just monstrous! Their attack is deadly and they arguably have the best defense in Poland. They will go far in Europe, Quarter Finalists atleast. Upfront they have Hubnik and Ljuboja, two strikers who wouldn't be out of place in the Premier League, Radovic, Manu and Rybus playing right behind them, Vrdoljak, Gol and 19 year old Borysiuk in DM, and Rzezniczak, Choto, Astiz, Komorowski, Jedrzyczyk, Wawrzyniak in defense. Plus lots of depth everywhere in the squad, especially in upcoming talents. In addition they are showing the mentality one needs to go far in Europe, Legia fought for the ball the whole game against Spartak (something that was missing from Wisla's mentality against APOEL. Sad).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:48 pm