Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Ben 10
Walcott
Mal
wellz
Kuled
Clark
Mustangt125
Demba Ba
BigAndy9
Barton
Mr. Hassard
dena
Jordi
The Zlatan
badham21
The Bat-Man
Golden_Golz
Lux
Grenade
Zzonked
Coatsy
samiz
Demoz
El Jefe
RoryOB94
VivaRonaldoLAD
SBSP
blackskar
luke.
Theo Filippo
34 posters

Should Joey Barton have been sent off?

Poll

Should Joey Barton of been sent off?

[ 18 ]
    Should Joey Barton have been sent off? - Page 4 Bar_left41%Should Joey Barton have been sent off? - Page 4 Bar_right [41%] 
    [ 26 ]
    Should Joey Barton have been sent off? - Page 4 Bar_left59%Should Joey Barton have been sent off? - Page 4 Bar_right [59%] 

Total Votes: 44
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Should Joey Barton have been sent off? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Joey Barton have been sent off?

Post by Clark Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:03 pm

ViVaRooney wrote:
    Walcott wrote:Should Joey Barton have been sent off? - Page 4 Article-0-0D6B916C00000578-975_468x361
    Looks like Barton raises his hands here. Should Joey Barton have been sent off? - Page 4 214775 Not to mention he assaulted him in the first place. Not to mention we shoulda had a penalty when Gervinho got bought down in the first place, not to mention we shoulda had a penalty when Barton started on Gervinho.

Referee Should Joey Barton have been sent off? - Page 4 695130

ahm no, he is pulling his shirt up so his hands end up being at the same height as his head.. still pics are stupid

also, not to mention Song stamping on Barton which should have been a red for song before any meaningful thing happened, not to mention gervinho diving earlier in the game which should not have been a foul, not to mention gervinho trying to cheat a pen by moving his feet towards the newcastle defender and going down with the smallest contact which he created

referee Should Joey Barton have been sent off? - Page 4 695130

if song had got a red the game would have changed and newcastle could easily have won. so arsenal fans have no case

Like I said, Barton is frustrated, happened to Sagna, and he was sent off for reacting to something, like Barton has. It was a dive, Barton has no need to touch him, giving Gervinho a reason to react, I will say it again, was Gervinho angry until he touched him? No.
    Anonymous

Should Joey Barton have been sent off? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Joey Barton have been sent off?

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Gervinho is a cunt, he and Song should have been cremated.
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Gervinho didn't even dive, yes it was over the top but he was still clipped.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:09 pm

ClarkY wrote:
    ViVaRooney wrote:
    Walcott wrote:Should Joey Barton have been sent off? - Page 4 Article-0-0D6B916C00000578-975_468x361
    Looks like Barton raises his hands here. Should Joey Barton have been sent off? - Page 4 214775 Not to mention he assaulted him in the first place. Not to mention we shoulda had a penalty when Gervinho got bought down in the first place, not to mention we shoulda had a penalty when Barton started on Gervinho.

ahm no, he is pulling his shirt up so his hands end up being at the same height as his head.. still pics are stupid

also, not to mention Song stamping on Barton which should have been a red for song before any meaningful thing happened, not to mention gervinho diving earlier in the game which should not have been a foul, not to mention gervinho trying to cheat a pen by moving his feet towards the newcastle defender and going down with the smallest contact which he created

if song had got a red the game would have changed and newcastle could easily have won. so arsenal fans have no case

Like I said, Barton is frustrated, happened to Sagna, and he was sent off for reacting to something, like Barton has. It was a dive, Barton has no need to touch him, giving Gervinho a reason to react, I will say it again, was Gervinho angry until he touched him? No.

that doesnt matter!! provocation doesnt get you a red card... reaction does (if it is a slap or punch to the face Neutral )
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:11 pm

ViVaRooney wrote:
    ClarkY wrote:
    ViVaRooney wrote:

that doesnt matter!! provocation doesnt get you a red card... reaction does (if it is a slap or punch to the face Neutral )

But, it gives you a reason, if someone is racist towards you, and you hit lightly (Even Barton said it hasn't that hard) then you're saying that it is no reason to? Neither should be punished, as Barton pulled him up (Which you have made no comment about, seeing as it was play on) and dived as well.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:05 pm

It's a booking but it was hardly violent conduct. He didn't strike him.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 am

kyro7 wrote:Gervinho got mad when he hit Barton, his face was like:

Should Joey Barton have been sent off? - Page 4 2dr9lbl

OH MY FUCKING GOD roflroflrofl
    SussexByTheSea
    SussexByTheSea

Supports : Brighton and Hove Albion

Post by SussexByTheSea Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:59 am

No. If there is a diving cunt, he has the right to do that.
    Legend.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:02 am

For anyone who said Barton should have been sent off, then surely Ramos and Arbeloa should have too...

blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:04 am

SussexByTheSea wrote:No. If there is a diving cunt, he has the right to do that.
    Legend.

Well as there was no dive. I guess you're saying he doesn't have the right to do that.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:05 am

ahlycotc wrote:For anyone who said Barton should have been sent off, then surely Ramos and Arbeloa should have too...

I sense jealousy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:05 am

Fonseca wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:For anyone who said Barton should have been sent off, then surely Ramos and Arbeloa should have too...

I sense jealousy

Suspect
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:06 am

kyro7 wrote:Gervinho is a cunt, he and Song should have been cremated.

Agreed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:06 am

rofl

Here they just pick him up and Villa goes ape shit on them.

Barton picks him up by his shirt violently while the ball was still in play.

Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:07 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

I sense jealousy

Suspect

Should Joey Barton have been sent off? - Page 4 684775
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:10 am

NoviNovak wrote:

rofl

It doesn't matter if the ball was in play or not. Both players acted the same way as Barton. Villa acted the same way as Gervinho minus the bitchslap.

Fonseca wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

I sense jealousy

Suspect

I don't understand how my post was showing any sort of jealousy. I was trying to prove a point that Barton's actions were not deserving of a red card.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:13 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    NoviNovak wrote:

rofl

It doesn't matter if the ball was in play or not. Both players acted the same way as Barton. Villa acted the same way as Gervinho minus the bitchslap.

Fonseca wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

I sense jealousy

Suspect

I don't understand how my post was showing any sort of jealousy. I was trying to prove a point that Barton's actions were not deserving of a red card.

Yes they were he had no reason to go violently pick him up like that.
    SussexByTheSea
    SussexByTheSea

Post by SussexByTheSea Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:14 am

blackskar wrote:
    SussexByTheSea wrote:No. If there is a diving cunt, he has the right to do that.
    Legend.

Well as there was no dive. I guess you're saying he doesn't have the right to do that.

Kinda was a dive.....
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:15 am

SussexByTheSea wrote:
    blackskar wrote:
    Legend.

Kinda was a dive.....

It was not a dive he did get clipped he just went down like most footballers do these days.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:15 am

NoviNovak wrote:Here they just pick him up and Villa goes ape shit on them.

NoviNovak wrote:Yes they were he had no reason to go violently pick him up like that.

Make up your mind.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:16 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    NoviNovak wrote:

Should Joey Barton have been sent off? - Page 4 70955

Fonseca wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

I sense jealousy

Suspect

Barton violently picked him up using his shirt whilst the ball was in play

Both manhandling however Barton was more extreme
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:16 am

ahlycotc wrote:

NoviNovak wrote:Yes they were he had no reason to go violently pick him up like that.

Make up your mind.

Its the same thing. scratch
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:18 am

NoviNovak wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Make up your mind.

So you are saying Ramos and Arbeloa deserved to be sent off as well?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:20 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    NoviNovak wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Make up your mind.

So you are saying Ramos and Arbeloa deserved to be sent off as well?

You said: I was trying to prove a point that Barton's actions were not deserving of a red card.

I said: Yes they were he had no reason to go violently pick him up like that.
    SussexByTheSea
    SussexByTheSea

Post by SussexByTheSea Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:22 am

NoviNovak wrote:
    SussexByTheSea wrote:
    blackskar wrote:
    Legend.

Kinda was a dive.....

It was not a dive he did get clipped he just went down like most footballers do these days.

The ref gave a free kick the other way so it was judged to be a dive?
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:55 am

Replays show it wasn't though....
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:26 am

Yeah, the refs are perfect. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:49 am

People moaning against arsenal are morons.

Ball was in play when Barton grabbed Gervinho which makes that alone a penalty.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:51 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It's a booking but it was hardly violent conduct. He didn't strike him.
    As i was stressing in the Arsenal thread.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Barton and Gervinho could've done with yellows and song too from the earlier stamp. But i understand its hard for the ref to diferentiate everything

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:12 pm