Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Sean
BigAndy9
Fanatic
Steadman
Clark
VivaRonaldoLAD
ResurrectionRooney
LeBron
Jordan Henderchip
El Jefe
ShakerMatty
Marvin
easley91
Demoz
CoVkId01
SBSP
Keanoo
21 posters

WWE Chat Thread - The Truth shall set you free!

Anonymous

WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 11 Empty Re: WWE Chat Thread - The Truth shall set you free!

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:07 am

Wonder if they built up Mark Henry as this unstoppable black man just for Sheamus to get over him in order to turn face? Hope so, because who's more believable when it comes to never backing down from a fight? Certainly not Bryan whom I read in rumour that he might be the one to do it. That would be a farce anyway, you can't just suddenly make him good enough to take monster heels down.
    CoVkId01
    CoVkId01

WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 11 Empty Re: WWE Chat Thread - The Truth shall set you free!

Post by CoVkId01 Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:31 am

I think they've actually done a pretty good job with Henry this time, taking out Show & Kane and nobody wanting to face him.

yeah, we've seen it all before but it's better than him dancing with Khali Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:33 am

That reminds me. Jinder Mahal. Who give's a fuck?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:17 am

Who's in your 'fave five' from each brand? Excluding Divas.

Mine, Raw- Punk, Miz, McIntyre, Del Rio, Ryan.

Smackdown- Sheamus, Barrett, Christian, Rhodes, Gabriel.
    CoVkId01
    CoVkId01

Post by CoVkId01 Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:32 am

RAW: Punk, Miz, Ziggler, ADR, Truth.

SD: Christian, Rhodes, Barrett, Sheamus, Uso's sumo

Would probably pick Gabriel too if tags weren't allowed, but I didn't wanna completely copy your SD Laughing
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:36 am

RAW: CM Punk, R-Truth, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler

Smackdown: Daniel Bryan, Christian, Sheamus, Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:39 am

Just discovered the bleacher report site.

Decent article this.

CM Punk is the hottest thing going on in professional wrestling. That is no secret, ladies and gentlemen. That is a fact.

Ever since his epic shoot promo a few weeks ago on Raw—where he bashed the WWE and basically said all the things the IWC have been saying for years now—CM Punk has been the talk of the wrestling world.

And when CM Punk won the WWE Title at Money in the Bank in a huge shocker, pro wrestling and sports entertainment was given a huge jolt of life that it desperately needed.

Unpredictability showered the WWE, with no one having any sort of idea what was going to happen.

Quality wrestling was finally given, as we were shown one of the best WWE PPVs of all time.

And finally, the people we want pushed are finally being pushed, such as Christian and Daniel Bryan.

Now CM Punk has made his return to WWE last Monday on Raw, coming face to face with WWE Champion John Cena with his own championship title, disputing the legitimacy of Cena's reign.

This is very likely going to lead to an epic champion-vs.-champion match at SummerSlam to determine the true WWE Champion.

For the first time in years, WWE is must-see TV, and we can thank CM Punk for a large part in it.

But can CM Punk become the next face of WWE?

It is a question I have asked myself for a while, and it's actually very likely to be honest.

CM Punk's popularity is going through the roof, as his pops are some of the loudest you have ever seen, and his name is chanted by people the moment any mention of him is made.

And I hear that his merchandise is flying off the shelves, as even the IWC are scrambling for CM Punk's new shirt.

And it's becoming increasingly obvious that people are choosing CM Punk over John Cena. Their last encounter pretty much solidified this as CM Punk got a louder pop then Cena when they raised their respective championship belts.

But can CM Punk truly surpass Cena and take the helm of WWE as its next face?

It is certainly possible, but CM Punk has got a long way to go. Yet he is on the right path.

He has got the popularity that a face of WWE must need for such a position, and there's no doubt that his merchandise sales will reach the levels needed for one in no time at all.

But he still has not reached the level of Cena, or of Randy Orton, quite yet.

He is certainly red hot at the moment no doubt, but one wrong booking decision, and it's all over for CM Punk. If he loses when a win is needed the most, then CM Punk will cease to be the phenomenon that he is right now.

He needs to permanently establish himself at the top of main event once and for all. Punk has been there before and is there now, but CM Punk has been unable to stay there on a couple of occasions. But this is undoubtedly his best chance at doing that once and for all.

He also needs to keep his momentum going for quite a while, and not lose in the big-time matches where everything is at stake.

Remember's Cena's first three reigns as WWE Champion? They were some of the longest in history, especially his year-long reign, and they helped establish him as "The Man" in WWE.

If CM Punk can hold onto his WWE Title for a long time, perhaps up until Royal Rumble, then he can reach Cena's level, the point where he doesn't need the title.

And perhaps the most essential part of this process is that he beat Cena cleanly at SummerSlam.

There is no other outcome that can work for CM Punk. If he wins by dirty means or, worse, loses cleanly, then all of his momentum will either drop a bit or be lost completely. And he will be made to look weak, and none of the things I just spoke about will even have the opportunity to be accomplished.

But I have the utmost faith that CM Punk can pull all of this off.

He's got the look, charisma, mic skills, wrestling skills, popularity, merchandise sales and momentum.

CM Punk has got a long way to go, but he is on the right track. And maybe—just maybe—Punk can become the new face of the new WWE era.

And I'm all for such a vision, and I'm sure most of you are.

I also think that Punk shouldn't lose the title at summer slam, and should keep it for some time to solidify himself as one of the top guys in WWE.
    CoVkId01
    CoVkId01

Post by CoVkId01 Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:45 am

easley91 wrote:RAW: CM Punk, R-Truth, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler

I was going to choose DB as my last choice, but he's been pissing me off lately Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:52 am

Why's that? I'm intrigued. I happen to think he's overrated. Good in-ring skills but fuck me if he's going to be a main eventer and boring us with his promos.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:14 am

CoVkId01 wrote:
    easley91 wrote:RAW: CM Punk, R-Truth, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler

I was going to choose DB as my last choice, but he's been pissing me off lately Laughing

Not really in any order, apart from Punk topping the RAW list. WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 11 279869

I love Daniel Bryan and I think he can be a top top main eventer, remember he doesn't have to cash in now, they can wait a year or until they feel he is ready. But IMO I think he'll be a great champion, if they did it so he is champ along with Punk and have two top indie stars as the two champions with a ROH type stable it would be brilliant.

I love DB even more since he started his youtube channel burying everyone. WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 11 914411

Cena and Orton bore me with their promos but they are champion more often than not, so why should that make a difference with DB? Plus his youtube channel will help get him over more like Zack Ryder has.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:39 am

Haven't seen this before.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:08 am

RAW - Punk, ADR, Sin Cara.

SD- Kane, Sheamus, Bryan, Mark Henry (atm) Christian.
    BigAndy9
    BigAndy9

Supports : Definatly not Andy Carroll

Post by BigAndy9 Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:17 am

RAW - Punk, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, Mysterio, Cena

SD - Seamus, Wade Barrett, Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:31 am

Raw - CM Punk, The Miz, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Michael Cole

Smackdown - The Undertaker, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Wade Barret, Christian
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Post by Demoz Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:37 pm

RAW: Del Rio, Miz, Punk, R-Truth

Smackdown: Sin Cara, Sheamus, Christian
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:58 pm

VivaRonaldo wrote:RAW - Punk, ADR, Sin Cara.

Sin Cara's on Smackdown. Sort of.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Haven't seen this before.

Love stuff like that, when a wrestler is in his/her home country and talking their heart out. Smile Also LOL at 'you'll never beat the Irish'. Laughing
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:RAW - Punk, ADR, Sin Cara.

Sin Cara's on Smackdown. Sort of.

Could say the same for Kane. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:35 pm

Just realised that Sheamus may be involved with protecting or dancing with Hornswoggle as part of his face-turn since they're both supposed to be Irish. Can't wait, really hope the creative team pull it off.

I can't quite describe how angry I'd be. Keep Hornswoggle as far, far away from him as possible.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Just release Hornswoggle for god sake! I admit I loved him when he first debuted as Finlay's little bastard but I can't take his fun and games crap, especially after the Chavo storyline. Not to mention he pretty much ruined DX's legacy IMO when he was the 'mascot'. If that's true about Sheamus and Hornswoggle, then that's typical WWE doing something awesome while at the some time fucking other things up. Sheamus even as a face should be nowhere near Hornswoggle. WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 11 58503
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:48 pm

Exactly. He won the cruiser weight championship at one point didn't he? WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 11 849722 Joke, should be kicked out. If a heel attacks Hornswoggel (eg/ R Truth), it's apparently a very very evil thing to do. He's not a fucking kid. Laughing
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:47 pm

Is Finlay still in WWE?
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:28 am

Jay wrote:Is Finlay still in WWE?

Nah he got released a while back. He was in charge of live events and apparently he booked somebody to interupt the national anthem Laughing
    CoVkId01
    CoVkId01

Post by CoVkId01 Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:00 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:Just realised that Sheamus may be involved with protecting or dancing with Hornswoggle as part of his face-turn since they're both supposed to be Irish. Can't wait, really hope the creative team pull it off.

I can't quite describe how angry I'd be. Keep Hornswoggle as far, far away from him as possible.

I was actually thinking why the fuck would you want this Laughing

Apparently Sheamus rejected a 'drunk Irishman' gimmick when he first broke through, so I doubt he'd want anything too stereotypical.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:10 am

Well thank god Sheamus has a mind of his own, like with Punk. It does help that he has friends in high places, Triple H (forgot his name). McIntyre is also apparently close with The Game, so hopefully he gets a push, ANYTHING.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:13 pm

I like how Punk carrys on talking even when someone's music plays. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Triple H has feelings for CM Punk
    CoVkId01
    CoVkId01

Post by CoVkId01 Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:27 pm

Was praying for a Hunter/Punk promo tonight and it happened in the first 20mins cheers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:29 pm

Will that become a rivalry or something?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Eve will win

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:00 am