Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Bushido
Dean
Barton
THFC-93
Lux
Walcott
Cameron.
Ben
LM_Punk
13 posters

Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team?

Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team?

Post by Lux Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:19 am

Gerrard is just lumping it up there with no talent at all anyway so might as well have Lampard if Gerrard isn't going to have the freedom to get forward.
    Mal
    Mal

Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team?

Post by Mal Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:25 am

I think all the underperformers should be dropped, we need to do something drastic to get this team going in the right direction, I'm not saying this because of last nights result I'm saying it in general, we've been using the same players for way too long, players like Gareth Barry, John Terry(When he's not faking an injury), Glen Johnson, Wayne Rooney, Frank Lampard (when fit) are guaranteed starters. If Micah Richards went through the best form of his career and Glen Johnson went through the worst Johnson would still start. Neutral

Capello picks his squad on form but his starting 11 will always be the same unless some players are injured, if Walcott was fit last night he would of played RW no matter what.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:35 am

Which is the same thing, considering that Capello promised to play players based on form, but apart from a few cameos it's been the old guard whether they've been shit or not.

We need to qualify, but there's no point playing people who won't go to Poland/Ukraine, and perhaps even Brazil.

Gareth Barry has to go, Johnson will probably stay for now but we need someone to come through in the next 4 years....hopefully someone like Kyle Walker? For Barry.....well Huddlestone is ready now and in the next few years Rodwell should come in.

Other then I wouldn't change too much. The defence (other than Johnson) is solid, the wingers are promising and with every season they're only going to get better so that's sorted.....but we need to get rid of the uncreative midfielders who are just sitting back and hoofing it up there whenever they can. Either that, or replace Capello with someone who will make them play better football.

Crouch is a good player and for me always does the job he is tasked with. He's got a good touch and is easy to find, as well as being dangerous in the air. Whilst that is true....he is also a core reason behind us lobbing it up to the strikers..only for it to trickle back and get lost in that area between half way line and the box.....we need to put players on who will encourage a different style of play.......for me it's GOT to be Rooney (who we need to keep faith in) and Bent or Defoe......no Kevin Davies (although he did an ok job last night), no Heskey and no other target men.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:37 am

Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:Barry out
    Glen Johnson out, but for who?

When everyones fit the team should look like this

Hart

G.Johnson Rolling Eyes
    Terry
    Ferdinand
    A.Cole

Huddlestone (CDM)
    Gerrard and Wilshere centre mid

Front three of Defoe, Walcott and Adam Johnson

Rooney's not struggling from any injury so as of now he should be dropped Neutral

Neutral

Stick Phil Jones in at RB, he'd do a job.
    :|Wilshere's creativity and Walcott's burst of pace which actually scares defenders. Jones at right back? has he played there before?

Ah yes, Walcott's burst of pace with no end product and I would rather have Lampard than Wilshere.
    Jones, sometimes plays there for the U21's. But tbf wasn't a real suggestion anyway he's much better at CB.

Edit: Oooh 666 laugh
    rofl let's not have another discussion about Lampard once he puts on an England shirt ok? red card

Walcott's pace alone puts defenders on the edge as soon as he gets its. Yes we all know his end product sometimes isn't the best, but before his injury there was nothing wrong with his decision making and I'm talking about in the England games he played, not even going to get into the ones with Arsenal.

So instead, let's throw a 19? year old into Euro qualifying, good one red card

Walcott has played a couple of good games for Arsenal, 2 matches and 10 minutes for England this season how do we know it's not the same old Theo ? Yes, he can beat his man, we all know that but he lets himself down once he gets into good positions. I would much rather see Milner or one wing and Johnson on the other.
    doh What's his age got to do with this? Please amaze me with your reasons. It's people like you that fail to see that Lampard is a league 2 player once he puts on his England shirt. Wilshere is probably the most talented English youngster they've got coming up the ranks, he's had a good loan spell at a decent Premier League club last year (Bolton), he's got experience in the Champions League, he's been playing in the first team at Arsenal for pretty much all the matches and he's got confidence. Again please amaze me as to why a "19 year old" shouldn't be playing in a Euro qualifying match?

Just because you have some sort of weird hatred towards Arsenal doesn't mean you should down the fact that two of their players can assist the team in a positive manner, grow up seriously you're acting like a kid now.

Because compared to Lampard his experience means nothing, Lampard frequently gets played in a position (for England) that doesn't allow him to get forward as much hence why his performances are never that great nor the same as his performances at Chelsea , but now you are suggesting a formation he plays week in, week out at club level and which he excels at. It is obvious he still has the quality (see last season) so why if he's fit should we not play him there ?

I have no hatred towards Arsenal or Wilshere, I recognise the talent he has, but I see no purpose in throwing him in at the deep end. It's all about pressure, playing for England is different from playing at club level, great players struggle with the expectation (see Emile Heskey Neutral) when there is no need to call him why should we ? You talk about Champions League experience ? What 2 games ?

All this thread is, is knee-jerk reactions, we don't beat Montenegro and it's the end of the world Rolling Eyes We're still in a great position to qualify so really I can't see what people are complaining about. I agree that we need to bring young players through, but I would much prefer if we did that in friendlies.

neuneu It's not all about experience, Lampard has tons of experience, but does it contribute when he plays for England? No Neutral Most people realise Capello isn't going to change the system too much so why not have the best players play in the system he's using now. You say Lampard doesn't have the role he has in England that he has in Chelsea, well then let's have a player who can play that role in England. Wilshere fits that role perfectly. You also said Lampard frequently gets played in a position that restricts him from getting forward? Well then one player isn't going to change the whole formation of the team and I'm sure Capello wouldn't do that or we would have seen Lampard in an advanced role by now.

Lampard has never done it for England, I can't recall a spell he had in an England shirt where people have praised him consecutively he's passed it or should I say never even reached it for England. It happens in all around, look at Klose for example, he's an epic fail for Bayern yet he can't stop scoring everytime he puts on a German kit.

In order for England to progress signficantly they need to stop playing these name brand players that are past it and give way to the new generation. And it's only you who feels Lampard should keep his place ahead of Wilshere strange that. Razz

Nobody is knee jerking, I for one has realised that England are an average footballing team who just have star names regardless of if they don't beat Montenegro or if they beat Spain.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:45 am

Luxz0rz wrote:Which is the same thing, considering that Capello promised to play players based on form, but apart from a few cameos it's been the old guard whether they've been shit or not.

We need to qualify, but there's no point playing people who won't go to Poland/Ukraine, and perhaps even Brazil.

Gareth Barry has to go, Johnson will probably stay for now but we need someone to come through in the next 4 years....hopefully someone like Kyle Walker? For Barry.....well Huddlestone is ready now and in the next few years Rodwell should come in.

Other then I wouldn't change too much. The defence (other than Johnson) is solid, the wingers are promising and with every season they're only going to get better so that's sorted.....but we need to get rid of the uncreative midfielders who are just sitting back and hoofing it up there whenever they can. Either that, or replace Capello with someone who will make them play better football.

Crouch is a good player and for me always does the job he is tasked with. He's got a good touch and is easy to find, as well as being dangerous in the air. Whilst that is true....he is also a core reason behind us lobbing it up to the strikers..only for it to trickle back and get lost in that area between half way line and the box.....we need to put players on who will encourage a different style of play.......for me it's GOT to be Rooney (who we need to keep faith in) and Bent or Defoe......no Kevin Davies (although he did an ok job last night), no Heskey and no other target men.
    I agree with everything mate, especially the uncreative midfielders. Huddlestone>Barry definitely and Wilshere>Lampard for the creativity and extra spark.

G.Johnson only great at bombing forward his defensive abilities are very weak, I'd much prefer someone who can defend very well and not be that great at going forward playing at right back. For the strikers Crouch, Defoe, Rooney and Bent all need to be in and around the England squad. Defoe and Bent are probably the best finishers in the squad and are their positioning sense is superb so having them up there is a must.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:45 am

Take out Rooney, I'd like to see how players link up, because Rooney links it up okay, but he's just not confident in his self, because he'd usually run at teams with the ball, but recently he's just been laying it off, not turning on the ball, not trying to make something happen, he was unlucky not to score last night though, and to be fair to him, he was involved in all 4 goals v Bulgaria with 3 assists, and he scored in Switzerland.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:50 am

Out of the 3 team who had a horrific World Cup, France seems to have recovered the best thus far. Yes they have played mediocore sides in Luxembourg and the odd this and that, but with the new better manager coming in they certainly are becoming a competitive side again.

Blanc has pretty much gotten rid of the old heads and has started playing players who deserve to wear the French kit. I can see France winning at Wembley come November Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:51 am

^ Rooney did run at the defence a little but it looked like he was just strolling up to them and saying "Mate I'm just gonna stroll past and not shield the ball at all or make any effort to stop you tackling me so please don't"......

He's still dangerous in the box, but generally seems a bit stranded....especially with target men partnering him who find it hard to change position and seize an opportunity. Ontop of that...other teams attack as a team and it just doesn't seem to be happening for us......perhaps because as I've said...the midfielders are not chipping in.

Crouch wise you're right Jones he has to be in the squad....but I'd rather leave it until later in the match when knocking it into the box is a better idea.
    Cameron.

Supports : Manchester United.

Post by Cameron. Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:57 am

19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:

Hart

G.Johnson Rolling Eyes
    Terry
    Ferdinand
    A.Cole

Huddlestone (CDM)

Rooney's not struggling from any injury so as of now he should be dropped Neutral

Neutral

:|Wilshere's creativity and Walcott's burst of pace which actually scares defenders. Jones at right back? has he played there before?

Ah yes, Walcott's burst of pace with no end product and I would rather have Lampard than Wilshere.
    Jones, sometimes plays there for the U21's. But tbf wasn't a real suggestion anyway he's much better at CB.

rofl let's not have another discussion about Lampard once he puts on an England shirt ok? red card

Walcott's pace alone puts defenders on the edge as soon as he gets its. Yes we all know his end product sometimes isn't the best, but before his injury there was nothing wrong with his decision making and I'm talking about in the England games he played, not even going to get into the ones with Arsenal.

Walcott has played a couple of good games for Arsenal, 2 matches and 10 minutes for England this season how do we know it's not the same old Theo ? Yes, he can beat his man, we all know that but he lets himself down once he gets into good positions. I would much rather see Milner or one wing and Johnson on the other.
    doh What's his age got to do with this? Please amaze me with your reasons. It's people like you that fail to see that Lampard is a league 2 player once he puts on his England shirt. Wilshere is probably the most talented English youngster they've got coming up the ranks, he's had a good loan spell at a decent Premier League club last year (Bolton), he's got experience in the Champions League, he's been playing in the first team at Arsenal for pretty much all the matches and he's got confidence. Again please amaze me as to why a "19 year old" shouldn't be playing in a Euro qualifying match?

Just because you have some sort of weird hatred towards Arsenal doesn't mean you should down the fact that two of their players can assist the team in a positive manner, grow up seriously you're acting like a kid now.

Because compared to Lampard his experience means nothing, Lampard frequently gets played in a position (for England) that doesn't allow him to get forward as much hence why his performances are never that great nor the same as his performances at Chelsea , but now you are suggesting a formation he plays week in, week out at club level and which he excels at. It is obvious he still has the quality (see last season) so why if he's fit should we not play him there ?

I have no hatred towards Arsenal or Wilshere, I recognise the talent he has, but I see no purpose in throwing him in at the deep end. It's all about pressure, playing for England is different from playing at club level, great players struggle with the expectation (see Emile Heskey Neutral) when there is no need to call him why should we ? You talk about Champions League experience ? What 2 games ?

All this thread is, is knee-jerk reactions, we don't beat Montenegro and it's the end of the world Rolling Eyes We're still in a great position to qualify so really I can't see what people are complaining about. I agree that we need to bring young players through, but I would much prefer if we did that in friendlies.

neuneu It's not all about experience, Lampard has tons of experience, but does it contribute when he plays for England? No Neutral Most people realise Capello isn't going to change the system too much so why not have the best players play in the system he's using now. You say Lampard doesn't have the role he has in England that he has in Chelsea, well then let's have a player who can play that role in England. Wilshere fits that role perfectly. You also said Lampard frequently gets played in a position that restricts him from getting forward? Well then one player isn't going to change the whole formation of the team and I'm sure Capello wouldn't do that or we would have seen Lampard in an advanced role by now.

Lampard has never done it for England, I can't recall a spell he had in an England shirt where people have praised him consecutively he's passed it or should I say never even reached it for England. It happens in all around, look at Klose for example, he's an epic fail for Bayern yet he can't stop scoring everytime he puts on a German kit.

In order for England to progress signficantly they need to stop playing these name brand players that are past it and give way to the new generation. And it's only you who feels Lampard should keep his place ahead of Wilshere strange that. Razz

You talk about having best players in positions, but Lampard >>> Wilshere.
    You just suggested a 433, which Chelsea also play. Even if we can get 2 good years from Lampard, qualifying for the Euro's and then through playing friendlies gradually filter Wilshere through, it will be worth it. How do you know the same thing may not happen with Wilshere, what if he's poor for England then what ? We continue playing him ? Introduce new players ? All this chopping and changing is sure to have a negative effect on our performances. We were highly successful during WC qualifying and although people will point to our displays at the World Cup it was hardly Lampard's fault and in fact I thought he was one of the better(if you can say better given our performances) players.

I understand your point and I agree that we need to bring younger players through, but like I said before it's best to throw them in during friendlies and see how they do instead of sticking them in important qualifiers where the pressure will be on and the expectations may be too much for them.
    For me, if England were to play a 433 I would much rather see Lampard start there than Wilshere.

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:59 am

Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:

Hart

G.Johnson Rolling Eyes
    Terry
    Ferdinand
    A.Cole

Huddlestone (CDM)

Neutral

Edit: Oooh 666 Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 599439
    Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 70955 let's not have another discussion about Lampard once he puts on an England shirt ok? Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 512670

So instead, let's throw a 19? year old into Euro qualifying, good one Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 512670

Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 499859 What's his age got to do with this? Please amaze me with your reasons. It's people like you that fail to see that Lampard is a league 2 player once he puts on his England shirt. Wilshere is probably the most talented English youngster they've got coming up the ranks, he's had a good loan spell at a decent Premier League club last year (Bolton), he's got experience in the Champions League, he's been playing in the first team at Arsenal for pretty much all the matches and he's got confidence. Again please amaze me as to why a "19 year old" shouldn't be playing in a Euro qualifying match?

Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 258846 It's not all about experience, Lampard has tons of experience, but does it contribute when he plays for England? No Neutral Most people realise Capello isn't going to change the system too much so why not have the best players play in the system he's using now. You say Lampard doesn't have the role he has in England that he has in Chelsea, well then let's have a player who can play that role in England. Wilshere fits that role perfectly. You also said Lampard frequently gets played in a position that restricts him from getting forward? Well then one player isn't going to change the whole formation of the team and I'm sure Capello wouldn't do that or we would have seen Lampard in an advanced role by now.

You just suggested a 433, which Chelsea also play. Even if we can get 2 good years from Lampard, qualifying for the Euro's and then through playing friendlies gradually filter Wilshere through, it will be worth it. How do you know the same thing may not happen with Wilshere, what if he's poor for England then what ? We continue playing him ? Introduce new players ? All this chopping and changing is sure to have a negative effect on our performances. We were highly successful during WC qualifying and although people will point to our displays at the World Cup it was hardly Lampard's fault and in fact I thought he was one of the better(if you can say better given our performances) players.

I understand your point and I agree that we need to bring younger players through, but like I said before it's best to throw them in during friendlies and see how they do instead of sticking them in important qualifiers where the pressure will be on and the expectations may be too much for them.
    For me, if England were to play a 433 I would much rather see Lampard start there than Wilshere.

I don't have anything to say about anything written above, I just wanna see how many miles of cyberspace we can take up with this page 3.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:01 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:

Hart

G.Johnson Rolling Eyes
    Terry
    Ferdinand
    A.Cole

Huddlestone (CDM)

Neutral

Edit: Oooh 666 Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 599439
    Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 70955 let's not have another discussion about Lampard once he puts on an England shirt ok? Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 512670

So instead, let's throw a 19? year old into Euro qualifying, good one Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 512670

Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 499859 What's his age got to do with this? Please amaze me with your reasons. It's people like you that fail to see that Lampard is a league 2 player once he puts on his England shirt. Wilshere is probably the most talented English youngster they've got coming up the ranks, he's had a good loan spell at a decent Premier League club last year (Bolton), he's got experience in the Champions League, he's been playing in the first team at Arsenal for pretty much all the matches and he's got confidence. Again please amaze me as to why a "19 year old" shouldn't be playing in a Euro qualifying match?

Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 258846 It's not all about experience, Lampard has tons of experience, but does it contribute when he plays for England? No Neutral Most people realise Capello isn't going to change the system too much so why not have the best players play in the system he's using now. You say Lampard doesn't have the role he has in England that he has in Chelsea, well then let's have a player who can play that role in England. Wilshere fits that role perfectly. You also said Lampard frequently gets played in a position that restricts him from getting forward? Well then one player isn't going to change the whole formation of the team and I'm sure Capello wouldn't do that or we would have seen Lampard in an advanced role by now.

I don't have anything to say about anything written above, I just wanna see how many miles of cyberspace we can take up with this page 3.

eek2
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:02 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:

Hart

G.Johnson Rolling Eyes
    Terry
    Ferdinand
    A.Cole

Huddlestone (CDM)

Neutral

Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 688105

Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 680830

Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 629786

Anybody Still Think England can win anything with Capello and this team? - Page 3 443518
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:07 am

Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Chamz|94 wrote:

Hart

G.Johnson Rolling Eyes
    Terry
    Ferdinand
    A.Cole

Huddlestone (CDM)

Neutral

Yes Lampard>Wilshere, but for England Lampard is just not the same as to when he's in Chelsea. Well we've continously seen Lampard under perform for England many times so why should he still keep his place? If Wilshere fails then don't play him it's not difficult, I'd rather see someone else given a chance than see a player who's hardly made a mark on the England team play week in week out.

There are a lot of young players who were just thrown into the England team just like that and produced good quality in favour of the team. I can name a few, Rooney and A.Johnson so why should it be different for Wilshere when he clearly has the quality. Yes the pressure is different from U21's and club football, but how would you know he won't cope if you don't try?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:08 am

These posts are getting big. Neutral
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:09 am

That's what she said.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:00 am

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

End of.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:22 am

The Afternoon's Hat wrote:If you're good enough, you're old enough.

End of.

Pedo.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:26 am

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:45 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    The Afternoon's Hat wrote:If you're good enough, you're old enough.

End of.

Pedo.
    :ghug:
    Mr. Hassard
    Mr. Hassard

Supports : Blackburn Rovers, Coleraine & Rangers

Post by Mr. Hassard Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:27 am

Are the knives out for Capello again then? Rolling Eyes

It doesn't matter who you are or what team you play for, it is very hard to break a team down who just throw 11 men behind the ball and defend for ninety minutes.

Let's not forget the two performances England had before this game. Capello has proven that he is a great coach and England will still finish top of their qualifying group.

Sometimes the players have to take the blame aswell.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:30 am

What the fuck are you doing here? Surprised
    Mr. Hassard
    Mr. Hassard

Post by Mr. Hassard Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:32 am

Cameron_LFC wrote:What the fuck are you doing here? Surprised

I missed ranting and talking about football, so i decided to come here. Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:34 am

Ahh good, welcome to the club Cool
    Mr. Hassard
    Mr. Hassard

Post by Mr. Hassard Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:35 am

Cameron_LFC wrote:Ahh good, welcome to the club Cool

Thanks. Smile I should save this place to my favourites, before i forget the address again. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:37 am

Just type 'Real football forum' into google, we're like 8th i think.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 3:39 am