Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Tactics Thread

Anonymous

Tactics Thread Empty Tactics Thread

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:14 am

Found a working tactic? Post it in here!

Need help getting your team playing well? Your Striker just not scoring? Ask for help in here!
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Tactics Thread Empty Re: Tactics Thread

Post by El Jefe Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:49 am

For Lower League Managers -

A tip for anyone managing in the lower leagues, a wide 4-4-2 is the best way to go.
    Pace is essential, as the majority of slow defenders don't have the best anticipation or marking attributes to make up for their lack of pace. I won promotion as Carlisle manager from League 1 and then 2 seasons later from the Championship, despite not having the best squad. What I did have however, was pace, Zoko and Brandy upfront, with 15 and 17 pace respectively; and Demar Phillips and Alex Chamberlain (Loanee) on the left and right wings, with 17 and 15 pace respectively.
    I would advise you to utilize wingers as much as possible, setting them to 'Winger: Support', with wide play set to 'Hug Touchline', 'Cross From: Byline' and 'Run with Ball: Often'.
    If you advise them to cross the ball to the near post, and combine that with a decent goal poacher, you should score plenty of goals, I finished top scorer in my first season in League 1 and my second season in the Championship using these instructions.

As for individual stats, Febian Brandy finished top scorer with over 40 goals in League 1, with Francois Zoko 2nd on 27 goals and 16 assists.
    In the Championship Demar Phillips topped the assist charts with the instructions provided above, he got at least 20 assists in the league alone.

Hope it helps thumb
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:30 am

I have a problem with relatively mid level teams. Which is that they NEVER score their chances. I'm sitting on Thiago Riberio and Freddy Montero at the moment, and they have roughly 10 one on one situations a match, none of which they score on. It's quite annoying.

Generally I spend a few hours tweaking a tactic to work with my team, but if anyone has something that works out of the box for these "mid-level" sides (West Brom, Serie B, Upper Championship, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Poland etc)
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:32 am

When they are clean through, do they tend to always blast their shots, or always place them, or something else?
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:40 am

Jay wrote:When they are clean through, do they tend to always blast their shots, or always place them, or something else?

They tend to hit the goalkeeper. Basically I have a bit of a super keeper syndrome. My matches usually end with the goalkeeper having a 7.5 rating at if I'm lucky.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:45 am

You might want to try teaching them a new technique, either ask them to place their shots, or, something that worked well for me was training them to round the keeper.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:47 am

Any tips for Barcelona?

This is FM10.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:52 am

Pip wrote:Any tips for Barcelona?

This is FM10.

Don't sell Messi?

Honestly I like playing short and slow buildup with them. They basically play themselves though Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:39 am