Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Moussa
mac
MickStupp
Phadunkin Donuts
superspurs1337
Weather130
Bye_Ya
Demoz
Jordan Henderchip
Bushido
El_indian
moscowmadeit3
Scuba Steve
Kaka11|LFC
Trig
Keanoo
GeorgeL
Zzonked
Mustangt125
Mario
wellz
Sean
dena
menalawyerguy
North_Sea_Tiger
Walcott
SBSP
Ben
GK01
Royal
34 posters

NFL

North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Supports : The Famous Glasgow Rangers

NFL - Page 10 Empty Re: NFL

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:47 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:They better. Because if they don't, they'll just go down as a bunch of blowhards with too much self-esteem.
    Hes still shit. Even the commentators and studio guys were saying it. He may be young and only his 2nd season but hes not good enough to play for a high profile team like the Jets. Hes way too inconsistent and hes passing is all over the place. Even the Jets staff dont have confidence in him. Its no coincidece that when theyre faced with a 3rd and 7+ that they run it 90% of the time. They obviously dont think Sanchez will do the business. I still stand by my statement that hes shit ad not good enough to be a starter in a top 10 team. I hear Washington needs a new QB Laughing
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:50 pm

I thought he had a really good rookie season tbh. Plus Jets running game is pretty good anyhow.
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Jets @ Seelers next though. The Steelers will want some payback for the Jets win just a few weeks ago. I can see the Steelers limiting the Jets to a low score with their defense. Dont think the Steelers will post big numbers either but 1 thing is certain. The Jets wont sack Big Ben as easily and as much as they sacked Brady. Big Ben is a man mountain. Steelers to win 17-13.
    Packers, Steelers Superbowl
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:55 pm

Steelers is no doubt a huge challenge. I agree both defences will probably cancel each other out, but I still think we can hold down Ben. Wouldn't be surprised if Steelers went through at all though.

Who's your team Tiger?
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:56 pm

Sean CFC wrote:I thought he had a really good rookie season tbh. Plus Jets running game is pretty good anyhow.
    Yeah he was ok but hes just too inconsistent. If the Jets want to win anything then I think they need to look at a better QB. Sanchez seems to go missing and throws too many bad passes. Not entirely his fault but if you look at a lot of the games earlier this season he cost them with because of his inconsistency, Dolphins game being one.
    Does have some amazing games though. Cant remember the game where he went from one end of the field to the other to get a TD with no timeouts left and 40 secs on the board left. Maybe being a little harsh but the games Ive seen him play in he hasnt really impressed me and he doesnt seem confident when going for big plays
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Sean CFC wrote:Steelers is no doubt a huge challenge. I agree both defences will probably cancel each other out, but I still think we can hold down Ben. Wouldn't be surprised if Steelers went through at all though.

Who's your team Tiger?
    Im a Steelers man. Just because it was the first game ive ever seen. Steelers actually lost the game but just really enjoyed it and they became I team I liked. Started playing Madden and picking them and I really got into them
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:14 am

North_Sea_Tiger wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:They better. Because if they don't, they'll just go down as a bunch of blowhards with too much self-esteem.
    Hes still shit. Even the commentators and studio guys were saying it. He may be young and only his 2nd season but hes not good enough to play for a high profile team like the Jets. Hes way too inconsistent and hes passing is all over the place. Even the Jets staff dont have confidence in him. Its no coincidece that when theyre faced with a 3rd and 7+ that they run it 90% of the time. They obviously dont think Sanchez will do the business. I still stand by my statement that hes shit ad not good enough to be a starter in a top 10 team. I hear Washington needs a new QB Laughing

BS.

He's outperformeed Brady twice this season already, I give Sanchez a lot of slack, but he's a good QB. 4 road playoff win in 2 years? Gotta be a record. He's made some massive throws in all of our big wins, the pass to Braylon after the broken play, the perfect fade route to Santonio Holmes, the outside shoulder pass to LT? That's fucking textbook. I dislike Schottenheimer (sp) (offensive coordinator) because he gets a bit too conservative but we were built on running the ball, doesn't mean we don't trust Sanchez.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:33 am

North_Sea_Tiger wrote:

He has taken them to back-to-back Championship games as a Wild Card both times. He deserves at least some credit for that. At the very least, you gotta admit that he's not one of the worst QBs in the league. As a 2nd year guy, he's won some big games. And they just beat the best team in the league, thanks in substantial part to the game he had. As of right now, there's good reason to believe that they have as good a chance as any of the other three teams to win the whole fucking thing, and I type this with clinched teeth and a beet-red face.
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:51 am

I dont rate him and neither do a lot of the studio guys & commentators. A couple of good plays doesnt make you great. Hes way too inconsistent and his passing is all over the place most of the time. Hes an ok QB but not good enough for a big team. Thats my opinion
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:58 am

You're entitled to that opinion, no doubt. But as Trent Dilfer showed in 2000, you don't need a hall of fame QB to win a Superbowl, and if you ask me, Sanchez has way more potential than Dilfer ever showed. He's only in year two, he will grow. His accuracy early in games is the only issue and that's due to nerves, which is understandable.

As for next weeks matchups, I like Rodgers A LOT, and I'm kinda dreaming of a Jets - Pack superbowl shifty So I'll go with GB and NY getting the wins. Let's go Jets. Cool
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:55 am

Yeah Rogers is my favourite QB in the NFL behind Big Ben ovcourse Razz . 2 totally different stlyes there. I think the Steelers Jets game will be low scoring and very tight. Hope the Steelers come out blazing and playing to get revenge on the Jets win a few weeks ago. Steelers - Packers Superbowl, with the Steelers edging out the Packers NFL - Page 10 279869
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:54 am

The game is getting harder and harder to predict. There's a lot of parity now. Literally, anybody can beat anybody these days in a one-off. Upsets are common place. Teams are winning on the road in the playoffs now more than ever. Ya never know what's going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if any four of these teams win it. They all have what it takes. It's a crap-shoot.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:14 am

That's part of the leagues attraction for me, along with the MLS.
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:18 am

Its a sure way to lose money
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:30 pm

What's a sure way to lose money?
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:36 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:What's a sure way to lose money?
    Betting on the play offs
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:39 pm

Oh right.
    Yea, I stopped betting on NFL games after the Broncos beat the Packers in the Super Bowl.
    I stopped again after the Pats beat the Rams in the Super Bowl.
    I stopped again after the Bucs beat the Raiders in the Super Bowl.
    I stopped again after the Colts lost to the Steelers in the divisional round that year the Colts started 14-0.
    I stopped again after the Giants beat the Pats in the Super Bowl.
    I stopped again after the Saints won the Super Bowl.
    Neutral
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:01 am

Yeah Im the same. Always say Im never betting on NFL again but always do. NFL betting is a lot more exciting now the Sky Sports have that new program NFL Redzone on Sundays
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:34 pm

Anyone care for some predictions?

What I want to happen:
    NYJ 24 16 PIT
    GB 3 34 CHI

NYJ 7 48 CHI ddance

What will probably happen:
    NYJ < PIT
    GB > CHI

GB > PIT
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:47 pm

Cant see Green Bay only scoring a field goal all game TBH. Hope the Steelers beat the Jets & Green Bay beat the Bears
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:07 pm

North_Sea_Tiger wrote:Cant see Green Bay only scoring a field goal all game TBH. Hope the Steelers beat the Jets & Green Bay beat the Bears

The top one was mostly a joke Wink
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:19 am

I hope Green bay win the superbowl, Aaron Rogers is frickin awesome. But i think whoever wins between the jets and steelers will end up winning it.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:14 pm

Jets v Packers superbowl shifty
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:54 pm

I really hope the Jets get beat. Cant stand their cockyness
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:38 am

NFL - Page 10 09000d5d815cabfe_gallery_600
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:58 am

Yeah ok chargers fan. -_-
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:16 am

It's from last year (obviously), thought it was pretty funny Laughing
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:22 am

I know, just saying. We beat them last year, no show this year, just keep on keepin' on San Diego. shifty
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:29 am

When there was around 6 games left and the Chargers had just beat the Colts and were playing brilliantly I put them on to get to the Superbowl. I think they fell apart after I pressed confirm bet Laughing
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:34 pm

NFL - Page 10 SSWS-RexRyan_jpg_630x1200_upscale_q85

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:55 am