Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Moussa
mac
MickStupp
Phadunkin Donuts
superspurs1337
Weather130
Bye_Ya
Demoz
Jordan Henderchip
Bushido
El_indian
moscowmadeit3
Scuba Steve
Kaka11|LFC
Trig
Keanoo
GeorgeL
Zzonked
Mustangt125
Mario
wellz
Sean
dena
menalawyerguy
North_Sea_Tiger
Walcott
SBSP
Ben
GK01
Royal
34 posters

NFL

Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

NFL - Page 6 Empty Re: NFL

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:09 am

Yeah he did. And quite convincingly as well.
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:15 am

dena wrote:So... who's watching the National Championship game tonight? Razz

Newton Love

Clemson was the only team this year to really give them a problem, but thanks to a missed FG by our horrendously shitty kicker, we lost...but Auburn is going to destroy Oregon, the southern athlete is a different breed
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:31 am

And0TheGr8 wrote:

Newton Love

Clemson was the only team this year to really give them a problem, but thanks to a missed FG by our horrendously shitty kicker, we lost...but Auburn is going to destroy Oregon, the southern athlete is a different breed

You don't think trailing 24-0 at 'Bama constituted a "problem?
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:34 am

Not when Farley came back from suspension in the second half to be honest.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:36 am

They also narrowly escaped 'Tucky
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:39 am

You'll have to excuse Ando though. Like most Clemson fans, he thinks much more highly of his team than is actually deserved by their play on the field. And before we proceed any further, that is the same deal with Tech fans.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:43 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    And0TheGr8 wrote:

Newton Love

You don't think trailing 24-0 at 'Bama constituted a "problem?

Laughing
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:46 am

I can't talk. I'm a Spartan alumn. Most of our fans thought we were legit this year. Some of them actually thought we'd beat 'Bama. However, I wasn't one of them. I kinda figured we were frauds all season long but I was hoping against hope that I was wrong and they'd somehow withstand the test of time. I knew 'Bama was gonna rock us.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:55 am

I thought you guys were going to beat Bama... But that was more based on watching more Bama games than State games.
    Trig
    Trig

Post by Trig Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 am

Scuba Steve wrote:You'll have to excuse Ando though. Like most Clemson fans, he thinks much more highly of his team than is actually deserved by their play on the field. And before we proceed any further, that is the same deal with Tech fans.

haha.....but have you seen our recruiting class afro afro afro ....two top 10 RBs and two top 10 WRs along with a bunch of other goons
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:34 am

Just like UVA, you always have better rated recruits. But like always, we end up as the better team.
    Trig
    Trig

Post by Trig Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:41 am

Scuba Steve wrote:Just like UVA, you always have better rated recruits. But like always, we end up as the better team.

dont you EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER compare our recruits to UVA's.....just wait until this year Laughing
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Game chatter time.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:50 pm

I wish we had taco bell in the UK the $5 touchdown box looks amazing Sad
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Taco Bell is amazing. Terrible for you, but good.

Thomas is making all the wrong reads on the zone read. Three times he should have handed it off when instead he took it for himself.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:59 pm

A pick thrown by Thomas, and then two plays later, Newton throws one. Neither team is in their grove yet. Newton's was just a terrible throw, never should have tried it.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:03 pm

And another pick by Thomas, caused by the Auburn blitz.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Another bad zone read by Thomas, ends in a field goal for Oregon, 3-0 early in the second quarter.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Cam Newton touchdown pass puts Auburn up 7-3 with 12 minutes left in the second quarter.
    Trig
    Trig

Post by Trig Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Oregon was bold with that 2 pt conversion, so far they are playing much better than i anticipated...still going with Gay Eagle though
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:53 pm

That was a terrible throw from our Heisman trophy winner.... should have been an easy td after a brilliant call.
    Trig
    Trig

Post by Trig Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:55 pm

it was a pretty shitty pass...well the 2 pt conversion was for nothing
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Penalty cost Oregon there, because that first play got them away from the endzone.
    Trig
    Trig

Post by Trig Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:58 pm

god damnit Cam Newton is a man
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:00 pm

So easy once he avoided the sack there.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:32 pm

I REEEEEEEEEEEALY wanted an offenssive explosion, instead I got Ravens - Pittsburg -_-

Still a good game though, Auburn really should've put this away a while ago though.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:33 pm

Drive to the 50 here should end the game...
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:06 pm

That's game.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Auburn win 22-19. Not quite the offensive track meet that everyone was predicting, but the game did go down to the wire.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Slow day in the office. Thus, I'm ever thankful for guys like Rex Ryan
    Rex: it's about me vs. the hoodie
    FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- It's personal -- again. This time, Rex Ryan is out for Bill Belichick.
    Calling out one of the most successful coaches in NFL history, the New York Jets' coach delivered an unsolicited rant Monday, admitting he was outcoached by Belichick in last month's blowout and vowing to flip the script in Sunday's AFC divisional playoff game against the New England Patriots.
    "This is about Bill Belichick versus Rex Ryan," Ryan said, [ NFL - Page 6 12784 ] addressing the upcoming showdown in Foxborough, Mass., for the first time. "There's no question, it's personal. It's about him against myself. That's what it's going to come down to." [ NFL - Page 6 37257 ]
    In terms of football duels, this was the verbal equivalent of a white glove across the face.
    Ryan said both teams are even from the standpoint of talent and assistant coaches, and that the rubber game will be decided by his ability to match wits with Belichick. In their last meeting, Dec. 6 in Foxborough, the Jets were humiliated on "Monday Night Football" 45-3.
    "I was outcoached in that game," said Ryan, who also used the "it's personal" line last week in preparation for Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts. "I said it then, I'm saying it now. Belichick, I recognize the fact this is a Hall of Fame coach. He'll go down in history as maybe the greatest football coach in the history of this game, or going to be close to it.
    "He was at that level that week and I was not. For whatever reason, I never had my team prepared the way it should've been prepared. That falls right down on me."
    "You can't want to beat somebody worse than I want to win this one," Ryan continued on his weekly spot on "The Michael Kay Show" on 1050 ESPN Radio. "And, really, I'll say the same thing about last week. I wanted to beat Peyton Manning as bad as I've ever wanted anything in my life. This game, maybe more so. [It's because of] the fact that we got beat up there. Did they rub our noses in it or whatever you want to call it? Yeah, maybe a little. So, yeah, absolutely. That's the truth."
    Belichick, in a conference call about two hours after Ryan made his comment, took a lighthearted approach.
    "I might have a little quickness on him, he's probably got a little more strength and power on me," Belichick said. "I don't think you'll see either of us out there making any blocks, or tackles, or runs, throws or catches. At least you won't see me doing that. It's probably a good thing for our team."
    Ryan's latest verbal assault, obviously orchestrated, was a variation of his celebrated "rings" rant from last year. A few months after being hired by the Jets, he said he didn't come to New York "to kiss Bill Belichick's rings."
    Ryan is 2-2 against Belichick, but his credibility took a big hit last month. A few days before the anticipated showdown, Ryan said he wanted to "kick Belichick's ass." It turned out to be the other way around, as the Jets suffered the second-most lopsided defeat in franchise history.
    The Jets were ill-prepared, and Ryan made questionable tactical decisions early in the contest. He wasted a replay challenge on a fourth-and-1 spot, and he let the then-slumping Nick Folk try a 53-yard field goal into swirling winds -- and Folk missed badly. Defensively, the Jets had no answers for Tom Brady, who passed for 326 yards and four touchdowns.
    Clearly, the Jets missed safety Jim Leonhard, the "quarterback" of the secondary. He suffered a season-ending injury three days before the game, a major disruption in their defensive preparation. The Patriots picked on Leonhard's replacement, Eric Smith.
    "There are chess matches involved every week. It was checkmate," he said. "He definitely outcoached me."
    This perhaps was a clever motivational ploy by Ryan to take the heat off his players this week. Instead of being reminded by reporters about how badly they played in the last meeting -- namely, Mark Sanchez, who threw three interceptions -- they will be bombarded with questions about Ryan's challenge.
    The players were off Monday and not available to the media.
    "This is going to be about me raising my level against Bill Belichick," Ryan said. "I recognize he's the best. I'm just trying to be the best on Sunday, and I plan on being the best coach on Sunday. ... [ NFL - Page 6 36778 ] That's what it is. I recognize my level has to come up. He's going to get my best shot. He's going to get everything I have on Sunday. If he slips at all, we're gonna beat him."
    Ryan felt the Jets outsmarted themselves in the previous game, installing a game plan that looked good on paper but wasn't realistic. There may be some truth to that because, after playing Thanksgiving, they had 10 full days to prepare for the Patriots, who also played on Thanksgiving. Most teams thrive when given extra time, but the Jets tend to struggle after extended layoffs.
    This time, they will use a "ridiculous amount of preparation" to formulate a game plan that doesn't confuse the players, according to Ryan. But he added, "That doesn't mean we're going to dummy it up. You dummy it up against them, and you get crushed."
    The Jets won the first meeting in Week 2, 28-14. After the 45-3 debacle, Ryan told Belichick during the postgame handshake they'd meet again.
    "I told Belichick after the game, 'We'll see you in Round 3,'" Ryan said. "He just looked at me."
    This time, the stakes are huge. The survivor plays the Pittsburgh Steelers-Baltimore Ravens winner for the AFC championship.
    "If we win this one, we'll be the same old Jets," Ryan said, "right back in the AFC Championship Game." [and if we lose this one, we'll be the same old Jets, getting smacked by the Pats in a big game.]

So I guess either way, same old Jets.

Same old Rex, too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:51 am