Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
El Jefe
Gegilworld93
Barton
luke.
CollieBuddz
Dean
Theo Filippo
Grenade
dena
Schnix
Zzonked
Potato-7
The Bat-Man
Ben
Hernandez_14
blackskar
Kuled
El_indian
fluffy_kittens
Mustangt125
Simonc89
Scuba Steve
chiboygeorge
Jamie
Ricardo
The Zlatan
ResurrectionRooney
Carlos Jenkinson
Sean
SBSP
34 posters

English people don't play outside england.

Anonymous

English people don't play outside england. Empty English people don't play outside england.

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 1:31 pm

I was looking at the squads for the upcoming U21 championships and I noticed that all of the England players played in England.

Goalkeepers: Frankie Fielding (Blackburn Rovers FC), Jason Steele (Middlesbrough FC), Alex McCarthy (Reading FC).

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea FC), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal FC), Phil Jones (Blackburn Rovers FC), Michael Mancienne (Wolverhampton Wanderers FC), Micah Richards (Manchester City FC), Chris Smalling (Manchester United FC), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur FC).

Midfielders: Marc Albrighton (Aston Villa FC), Jack Cork (Chelsea FC), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United FC), Jordan Henderson (Sunderland AFC), Henri Lansbury (Arsenal FC), Fabrice Muamba (Bolton Wanderers FC), Jack Rodwell (Everton FC), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur FC), Scott Sinclair (Swansea City FC).

Forwards: Nathan Delfouneso (Aston Villa FC), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea FC), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United FC), Connor Wickham (Ipswich Town FC).

And this was the same with the Main squad. But then you look at other national teams and you'll see that a lot of their players don't necessarily play in their home country.

What is it about English people and not leaving england? Is it because no one wants them? (Probably) Is it because they don't want to leave? (Maybe) Or is it because maybe most of the England squad already play in the top teams; Rooney, Ferdinand with Man Utd, Terry, Cole and Lampard with Chelsea etc?

You look at the teams playing in the prem and the majority of the players and they're foreign but you don't see that many English players (capped for the national team or not) plying their trade in the other leagues.

What do you guys think? Why is it like this and Would it be better for the England team somehow if all the players didn't play in the premier league?
    SBSP
    SBSP

English people don't play outside england. Empty Re: English people don't play outside england.

Post by SBSP Tue May 31, 2011 1:32 pm

Becuz En-ger-land is bestest leagues in wurld. Dance

shifty
    Sean

English people don't play outside england. Empty Re: English people don't play outside england.

Post by Sean Tue May 31, 2011 1:33 pm

Strange isnt it, only time I remember hearing England players abroad are Beckham, Owen and Hargreaves.

I think part of it is the inability of English players to adapt to different leagues, espically when it comes to more technical leagues like La Liga.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 1:35 pm

Combination of English players not being "technical enough" for other leagues, the ones who are being too expensive and that they live a comfortable life in England making a lot of money and still playing in one of the best leagues in the world.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue May 31, 2011 1:38 pm

Over hyped = Over payed
    Western Culture = More reason to stay
    Rejection of languages at school = difficult to adapt
    Less variety of flair = less wanted
    Bigger payment = no point of moving

Basically..

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Not necessarily bigger payment with the tax thing
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue May 31, 2011 1:40 pm

Theo Walcott is allegedly on 50k a week, put that into perspective with Muniain and Spain's low tax...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 1:42 pm

Theo Walcott is a starter for one of the biggest teams in the world though, it's not surprising that he's on 50k a week
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue May 31, 2011 1:44 pm

Cam wrote:Theo Walcott is a starter for one of the biggest teams in the world though, it's not surprising that he's on 50k a week

He's a young player who isn't far from being on par with the worlds best striker in 2011. What happens when he requires a new deal or attracts interest? that's bang out of order for an undeveloped player, even Mata's not on that
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 1:46 pm

Fonseca wrote:
    Cam wrote:Theo Walcott is a starter for one of the biggest teams in the world though, it's not surprising that he's on 50k a week

He's a young player who isn't far from being on par with the worlds best striker in 2011. What happens when he requires a new deal or attracts interest? that's bang out of order for an undeveloped player, even Mata's not on that

You talking about Walcott. Neutral
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue May 31, 2011 1:49 pm

What do you think I'm talking about, honestly what is the subject?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue May 31, 2011 1:54 pm

Several reasons

More big clubs in England than in any other country, more chance to earn high wages here. If a top Spanish player doesn't play for Barcelona or Real Madrid, he's going to look in other countries, but if a top English player doesn't play for United or Chelsea, he can go to Arsenal, Manchester City or Tottenham. If they're not interested, chances are top foreign clubs aren't going to be interested either
    Insular culture of Britain, most British people aren't so enamoured with Europe, see us as being closer to the United States. As mentioned above, this leads to rejection of other languages, which makes moves abroad very difficult
    Lack of technique - a player like Gerrard, Terry, or Carragher would never have succeeded in a country like Spain or Italy if they had developed in the same way, but in this country we embrace qualities like aggression, potshots, physicality and work-rate above technique. In England though, they can be very very successful because the fans like them, and players are brought in to accommodate them because the manager thinks it gives 'spirit' or whatever. Take Carvalho and Chelsea, he complemented Terry perfectly, Agger is intended to do the same thing at Liverpool for Carragher, Gerrard's best season came when he had Alonso and Mascherano doing all the difficult midfield work for him. Since they left he's floundered. Teams in other top European countries just aren't interested in this sort of player, and more technical players struggle to come through.

I'm sure there are other reasons, but that's my take on the main ones.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 1:57 pm

Fonseca wrote:What do you think I'm talking about, honestly what is the subject?

Walcott is no where near, on bar with the best strikers in the world. Neutral
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue May 31, 2011 2:00 pm

Mr Leiva wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:What do you think I'm talking about, honestly what is the subject?

Walcott is no where near, on bar with the best strikers in the world. Neutral

I think he is talking about how he complemented van Persie.

Edit: Just realised my self. Although he did link up extremely well with RvP smug

Last edited by ZlatanFabregas on Tue May 31, 2011 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Tue May 31, 2011 2:02 pm

In terms of wages Jordan.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 2:07 pm

Eric Dier is an Englishman playing abroad that probably should be called up to your youth teams.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue May 31, 2011 2:09 pm

polska. wrote:Eric Dier is an Englishman playing abroad that probably should be called up to your youth teams.

Ahh wait, I think I've heard of him. Isn't he a 16 year old who plays for Sporting Lisbon?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 2:10 pm

ZlatanFabregas wrote:
    polska. wrote:Eric Dier is an Englishman playing abroad that probably should be called up to your youth teams.

Ahh wait, I think I've heard of him. Isn't he a 16 year old who plays for Sporting Lisbon?
    Yah, his parents moved to Portugal when he was young because his dad got a job there.

He is eligible for either Portugal or England but I think he decided he wants to represent England? scratch

Anyway, Sporting rates him highly, so I suggest you cap him soon. shifty
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue May 31, 2011 2:10 pm

Isnt there also some English/Mexican/truck hybrid?

I think Che knows shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 2:17 pm

Sean wrote:Isnt there also some English/Mexican/truck hybrid?

I think Che knows English people don't play outside england. 279869
    Yep. Antonio Pedoraza Whitham. Born in Chester.

"My dad is Mexican, my mother, English. I was born in England, but I
    came to Mexico when I was a boy. I feel very Mexican," he said.
    "I would be happy for this opportunity, I would have never expected to
    be considered to represent England's Under 20s. I love Mexico for the
    time I have spent here, but if I don't have an opportunity to represent
    Mexico I would accept the opportunity to play for England."

He did well in the Copa Libertadores but haven't seen much of him besides that to be honest. I made a thread about it but it flopped. Laughing

I know there is also one playing in Brazil, an Englishman that is.

So they are there, they are just ignored.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Tue May 31, 2011 2:28 pm

Why would foreign teams want English players?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 2:28 pm

Fine Shagger wrote:Why would foreign teams want English players?

I'm sure someone would like Rooney in their team. whistle
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 2:32 pm

Cam wrote:

If it was between Higuain or Rooney, the majority would choose Higuain.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue May 31, 2011 2:37 pm

Its close, if Higuain was just a touch more clinical he'd win hands down
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 2:39 pm

Rooney has much more to offer to a squad.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Tue May 31, 2011 2:43 pm

polska. wrote:
    Cam wrote:

Hell no, Rooney is a much better player than Higuain. Rooney is one of the few English that would be quickly accepted in other top national teams or leagues.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue May 31, 2011 2:45 pm

I think only Rooney and Cole could make it in other leagues
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 2:45 pm

chiboygeorge wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Cam wrote:

Hell no, Rooney is a much better player than Higuain. Rooney is one of the few English that would be quickly accepted in other top national teams or leagues.
    I think we've had a similar argument over this a while ago. Neutral

In my opinion, Rooney is one of the most overrated English players out there. He is good, but not that good. Wouldn't consider him world class.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Tue May 31, 2011 2:46 pm

chiboygeorge wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Cam wrote:

I'm guessing you think Carrick would too? hehe
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue May 31, 2011 2:46 pm

kyro7 wrote:Rooney has much more to offer to a squad.

That's true, Rooney is better than Messi.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:29 am