Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Jess
Uncle John from Jamaica
Jord
Jordi
Walcott
L1savage
Chamakh29
Lux
SBSP
TheRangersFan
chemicalrubber
Sam
Barton
Danny
Ben
Beano
Pippo
Steadman
22 posters

Stupid stuff you believed as a kid.

Anonymous

Stupid stuff you believed as a kid. Empty Stupid stuff you believed as a kid.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:05 am

We all had some stupid stuff, what was it?

Got a few of mine..

Up until I was about 8, I thought there were little men inside radio's, CD players and that who played the music or did the talking or whatever.

Not to mention, I believed that I was able to talk to the dogs at my house when I barked at them because they'd always run towards me when I did.

Also thought Michael Owen was a top lad. Fucking mental looking back on it.. Neutral
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Stupid stuff you believed as a kid. Empty God.

Post by Steadman Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:10 am

Neutral
    Anonymous

Stupid stuff you believed as a kid. Empty Re: Stupid stuff you believed as a kid.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:36 am

Controversial there.

Also, remember being told that if you stepped on a grave, you'd be dragged down with the dead guy.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Stupid stuff you believed as a kid. Empty Re: Stupid stuff you believed as a kid.

Post by Pippo Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:42 am

If you swallow a hair, you laugh and then choke to death. Stupid stuff you believed as a kid. Icon_neutral
    Beano
    Beano

Post by Beano Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:43 am

Santa Claus was real laugh
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:14 am

Religion shifty

Oh yah, I went there.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:40 am

Falling down the plug in the bath.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:50 am

Swallow chewie, it'll wrap around your heart and kill you. Actually, I never believed that... Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:05 am

The black guy in the house was my dad
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Stupid stuff you believed as a kid. Empty Nothing controversial at all. I just grew up and became rational enough to realise there was no man in the sky.

Post by Steadman Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:17 am

Dan wrote:Controversial there.

Also, remember being told that if you stepped on a grave, you'd be dragged down with the dead guy.
    Neutral
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:27 am

I used to beleive that it was always sunny on Sundays for some reason. Stupid stuff you believed as a kid. Icon_lol

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Religion shifty

Oh yah, I went there.

Agreed, as i got older i began to realise how silly religion is. I still respect peoples beliefs. Stupid stuff you believed as a kid. Icon_neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:36 am

Oh yah, I went there.

damn it, you beat me to it.

i used to believe in a god & all that crap.
    Sam
    Sam

Post by Sam Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:41 am

Here's a good one: I thought if you had more than three jobs a big hole in the ground would open up and swallow you. Always used to picture myself wearing a policeman's helmet, fireman's uniform, doctor's stethoscope and football boots on and being swallowed up.

Similar to Dan's about the CD player, I thought there were people employed to play as the CPU on FIFA.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:41 am

Oh yah, I went there.

Before I opened this thread, I knew at least one person would post this. Laughing

There were several silly things I believed when I was young, but I can't quite recall most of them. Here are a few...

1) Women get pregnant by kissing while sleeping with men (literally, not "sleeping with each other").
    2) My grandmother was my mother (because my mom would call my grandmother "mom" Laughing)

I also came to the conclusion that when it was day in my place, it was night on the other side of the world. Funnily enough, it was true. Laughing
    chemicalrubber
    chemicalrubber

Supports : Arsenal

Post by chemicalrubber Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:24 pm

All babies start from heaven and the father picks one to go into the mother's womb. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:26 pm

Tooth Fairy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:57 pm

chemicalrubber wrote:All babies start from heaven and the father picks one to go into the mother's womb. Laughing

Speaking of womb, I thought that unborn babies were in the stomach. Laughing
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:06 pm

I don't know, nothing too bad I suppose.

I wasn't brainwashed into believing there was a man in the sky so I can't say religion.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:27 pm

I can't recall anything specific, but my brother thinks parents buy babies from doctors. rofl
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:08 pm

When I first played Age of Empires when I was 7 and the AI was sending automated messages to me like "Pay me 1000 gold and I will ally with you" I thought it was someone else on the other side of a computer talking to me and I'd say random stuff back.........even though I had no internet Neutral

Also I learnt Fuck by watching "James and the Giant Peach" and in some part of the film they say "Buckingham Palace" and I thought it said "Fuckingham Palace" and I asked my mum what it was Neutral.........
    Chamakh29
    Chamakh29

Post by Chamakh29 Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:31 pm

forestfcfan wrote:The black guy in the house was my dad
    rofl Laughing
    L1savage

Supports : Dirty, slapstick.

Post by L1savage Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:45 am

that we might win a trophy soon.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:51 am

My mum and dad always said them midget beds in the bed shop windows were for people who didn't eat their dinner. Stupid stuff you believed as a kid. Icon_eek
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:01 am

Sam wrote:
    Similar to Dan's about the CD player, I thought there were people employed to play as the CPU on FIFA.
    eek

I thought I was the only one Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:03 am

My Uncle told my cousin that when the Ice cream man played the music, then he had no Ice cream left, and he believed him until he was 14.. Laughing
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:34 am

When I was young I thought the shadow made from the lightbulb was the bogeyman. Stupid stuff you believed as a kid. Icon_neutral

Also when dogs bite themself I thought they were actually eating themselves.

That Aladdin had an "old magic carpet" that he threw away because it didn't work no-more.

That butterflies were spiders with wings.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:57 am

I used to believe that when you flushed the toilet where were people employed to fish out all the paper and shit from the water.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:00 am

If you brushed your cheeck with toothpaste, the toothpaste soaks into your skin and it cleans your teeth.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:34 am

yarnbury11 wrote:I used to believe that when you flushed the toilet where were people employed to fish out all the paper and shit from the water.

i still belived that until i read this Stupid stuff you believed as a kid. Icon_eek
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:53 am

xNiPPY wrote:
    yarnbury11 wrote:I used to believe that when you flushed the toilet where were people employed to fish out all the paper and shit from the water.

i still belived that until i read this Stupid stuff you believed as a kid. Icon_eek
    Me too. Laughing

I've always been paranoid of someone or something breaking into my room, even though it's upstairs and the only window is on the side that has the garden. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:45 am