Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Gegilworld93
Fanatic
Scouser_Dave
Theo Filippo
Jord
Zzonked
SBSP
ResurrectionRooney
12 posters

Richard Keys - Liverpool fans were after revenge at Heysel

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Richard Keys - Liverpool fans were after revenge at Heysel Empty Richard Keys - Liverpool fans were after revenge at Heysel

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:16 pm

RICHARD Keys has sparked more outrage by accusing ­Liverpool fans of seeking revenge before the Heysel Stadium disaster.

Richard Keys suggested the ugly riot that left 39 Juventus fans dead was part of a payback for beatings Liverpool fans took from Roma fans.

Tragedy struck when a wall collapsed as fans clashed before the 1985 European Cup Final at the Brussels ground.

But Keys, 53, shocked listeners on his TalkSport radio show by making out it was Kop supporters taking their revenge after being attacked by Roma fans the year before.

The ex-Sky Sports host implied the disaster followed retribution for the beatings Liverpool fans suffered during 1984’s European Cup final, which the Reds won on penalties.

His comments stunned ex-Liverpool keeper Bruce Grobbelaar, 53, who had been discussing the tragedy with Keys and co-host Andy Gray, 55.

Keys butted in: “Liverpool fans were looking for revenge the next time they were playing an Italian team.”

Reds fan Paul Glassard raged: “He has slandered thousands of fans. It was so unbelievable what he said, to claim they took revenge by killing other fans.”

Gordon Fidler of Liverpool Supporters Club said: “There is no way what happened was revenge. Keys is talking rubbish again. The sooner he’s out of a job the better.”

The gaffe comes just two months after Keys and Gray landed the job following their departure from Sky Sports for making sexist remarks.

Keys quit and Gray was sacked for suggesting assistant referee Sian Massey, 25, did not understand offside.

TalkSPORT and Liverpool FC both refused to comment.

----------

Our very own LiverpoolFC 4 Eva has argued this in the past, I'm not sure why it's provoked outrage.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Richard Keys - Liverpool fans were after revenge at Heysel Empty Re: Richard Keys - Liverpool fans were after revenge at Heysel

Post by SBSP Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:19 pm

This was recently? :-.-:
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Richard Keys - Liverpool fans were after revenge at Heysel Empty Re: Richard Keys - Liverpool fans were after revenge at Heysel

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:12 pm

Yes, they have a programme on Talksport.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:19 pm

He didn't lie...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:43 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:RICHARD Keys has sparked more outrage by accusing ­Liverpool fans of seeking revenge before the Heysel Stadium disaster.

Richard Keys suggested the ugly riot that left 39 Juventus fans dead was part of a payback for beatings Liverpool fans took from Roma fans.

Tragedy struck when a wall collapsed as fans clashed before the 1985 European Cup Final at the Brussels ground.

But Keys, 53, shocked listeners on his TalkSport radio show by making out it was Kop supporters taking their revenge after being attacked by Roma fans the year before.

The ex-Sky Sports host implied the disaster followed retribution for the beatings Liverpool fans suffered during 1984’s European Cup final, which the Reds won on penalties.

His comments stunned ex-Liverpool keeper Bruce Grobbelaar, 53, who had been discussing the tragedy with Keys and co-host Andy Gray, 55.

Keys butted in: “Liverpool fans were looking for revenge the next time they were playing an Italian team.”

Reds fan Paul Glassard raged: “He has slandered thousands of fans. It was so unbelievable what he said, to claim they took revenge by killing other fans.”

Gordon Fidler of Liverpool Supporters Club said: “There is no way what happened was revenge. Keys is talking rubbish again. The sooner he’s out of a job the better.”

The gaffe comes just two months after Keys and Gray landed the job following their departure from Sky Sports for making sexist remarks.

Keys quit and Gray was sacked for suggesting assistant referee Sian Massey, 25, did not understand offside.

TalkSPORT and Liverpool FC both refused to comment.

----------

Our very own LiverpoolFC 4 Eva has argued this in the past, I'm not sure why it's provoked outrage.

Not quite and well there were fans from other so called firms that went to Hysel aswell. But i never said they went over to Hysel looking for souly revenge and well the italians were not exactly there ready to shake bloody hands when they were throwing lumps of concrete from the crumbling stadium at the Liverpool players and supposedly throwing bottles of pish and giving out abuse to even kids in the Liverpool end and that was before anything else actually happend. And there Banner that read THE REDS ARE ANIMALS and the fan later seen running about with a Gun. Also Liverpool and Juventus played earlier that season in the Super Cup and there were also problems at that game.

But Liverpool had played in Europe and in Finals for years, as you will no leading up to this and had never been known for having caused much trouble and well the English game at the time was known for having big trouble with Hooliganism. But as i said Liverpool fans were im not saying perfect but never had a reputation for violence yet getting ready to play in there 10th European Final in a 12 year season spell, so why a banner that said REDS ARE ANIMALS when Liverpool had not had reputation for violence over these years.

But also the year before in Rome the Italians before and after the European cup Final between Roma and Liverpool were going about stabbing and slashing Liverpool fans even Liverpool fans that were there with family and this included women and children and one 13 year old was nearly ripped apart needing 200 stitches in his face alone. And the Liverpool buses that had fans in them were also getting concrete dropped on them.

Lots of Liverpool fans that night had to seek sanctuary in the british embassy cause some of the bus drivers deserted them and italian hoteliers would not let them stay out of spite or fear of attacks on their premises. And as ive said there were fans from other so called firms there aswell from all over england so if this had turned into a revenge mission it was more an English v Italian than just trying to put the blame souly on Liverpool and its fans who were as ive said not known for violence and causing trouble yet playing in many finals in Europe over the years.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:52 pm

James ♠ wrote:He didn't lie...

Did he not so if he did not lie why did they not Kill Juventus fans in the Super cup game earlier that season this was the first game against an italian team after the Rome final the year earlier. And well it was well known that there were fans from other so called English Hooligan Firms over in Hysel so why just blame Liverpool fans for going for revenge then if this was true.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:32 pm

It obviously had something to do with it. Don't know why it sparked 'outrage' even Kenny said it in his book.

I would say 'seeking revenge' is a little strong. It appears that Juventus fans made the first 'attack' and some of the fans reacted. I'd hardly call that 'seeking revenge'
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:34 pm

Oh look who the OP is. That's a surprise. -_-
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:58 pm

Zzonked wrote:Oh look who the OP is. That's a surprise. Richard Keys - Liverpool fans were after revenge at Heysel 881856

What you trying to say the OP has something against Liverpool Football Club OMG And would rather post things bad about Liverpool than post about all the good things thats been going on at his club Manchester.United over the past 20 years and so on. Surley not Wink
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:18 am

Trust that prat to post this. What a WUM.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:10 am

i bet he has been waiting for something like this so he could post it
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:11 am

Richard Keys Laughing
    When will he learn
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:08 am

Jord wrote:Trust that prat to post this. What a WUM.

Richard Keys - Liverpool fans were after revenge at Heysel Rooney12
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:23 am

Keys will do anything to get himself in the limelight facepalm Attention seeking twat.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:25 am

Listen buddy, there are a lot of Liverpool supporters on this forum, and issues concerning Liverpool generate discussion. I am trying to improve the forum by giving people something to talk about instead of just dealing in abuse.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:27 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Listen buddy, there are a lot of Liverpool supporters on this forum, and issues concerning Liverpool generate discussion. I am trying to improve the forum by giving people something to talk about instead of just dealing in abuse.

Laughing

Why don't you fuck off. That'll improve the forum Wink
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:32 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Listen buddy, there are a lot of Liverpool supporters on this forum, and issues concerning Liverpool generate discussion. I am trying to improve the forum by giving people something to talk about instead of just dealing in abuse.

Laughing

This forum would die without me. You need people like me so you can point your fucking fingers and say "That's the bad guy".
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:34 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

Laughing

This forum would die without me. You need people like me so you can point your fucking fingers and say "That's the bad guy".
    You thrive of it, it gives you a sad satisfaction to be the antagonist of the forum.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:35 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:

Laughing

If you say so Laughing

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:39 am

Fanatic wrote:You thrive of it, it gives you a sad satisfaction to be the antagonist of the forum.

Thanks for your very interesting opinion. I enjoy talking about football, if I generate discussions about football, then yes, it does give me satisfaction - how that can be 'sad' I don't know.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:42 am

Fanatic wrote:You thrive of it, it gives you a sad satisfaction to be the antagonist of the forum.

Thanks for your very interesting opinion. I enjoy talking about football, if I generate discussions about football, then yes, it does give me satisfaction - how that can be 'sad' I don't know.
    I think my post already alluded to why it gave you a sad satisfaction, and it has nothing to do with you generating football discussions, are you thick?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:44 am

Fanatic wrote:

I think my post already alluded to why it gave you a sad satisfaction, and it has nothing to do with you generating football discussions, are you thick?

Unless you're a mind reader, I think I have a better idea of why I post than you do.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:44 am

Fanatic wrote:

Unless you're a mind reader, I think I have a better idea of why I post than you do.
    I am a mind reader.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:13 am

Who was this posted for. scratch
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:17 am

Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:

Society at large.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:20 am

Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:

Society at large.

Just wondered bud just when you said Buddy i thought you ment someone in particular.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:21 am

Oh right, that abusive 'Jord' fella.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:26 am

What can we discuss about this? scratch
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:34 am

Did you get this from KopTalk by anychance?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:40 am

No, I had not heard of that website.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:03 pm