Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Judge allows Sony to unmask anyone who visited Geohotz site

Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Judge allows Sony to unmask anyone who visited Geohotz site Empty Judge allows Sony to unmask anyone who visited Geohotz site

Post by Mouse Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:01 am

If you live in San Francisco and you visited George Hotz's website between January 2009 and now, you might be in in Sony's headlights. A federal magistrate has given Sony the power to expose anybody who patronized the PS3 jailbreak site.
    Sony claimed it needs to unmask anybody who downloaded Hotz's files in order to prove that the majority of users were based in California. This would allow Sony to sue "Geohot" in San Francisco, rather than his home town of New Jersey. Sony has also won subpoenas for Youtube, Google and Twitter, as well as Bluehost, the company that maintain's Geohot's site.
    While Sony is no doubt thrilled with its progress, not everybody is pleased. Electronic Frontier Foundation staff attorney Corynne McSherry said the subpoenas were "inappropriate" and criticized how "overly broad" they seemed to be. Concerns about data protection and web-privacy have been thrown up around the 'net.
    I'm no fan of some of the negative impact this jailbreak has had, but the potential privacy concerns are certainly unsettling. All I know is, I didn't jailbreak mine, so I guess I'm sitting pretty ... I just hope nobody sees the modifications I made to my toaster (it now cooks SPAGHETTI!)

http://www.destructoid.com/judge-lets-sony-unmask-anyone-who-visited-ps3-hack-site-195746.phtml
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Judge allows Sony to unmask anyone who visited Geohotz site Empty Re: Judge allows Sony to unmask anyone who visited Geohotz site

Post by Cornholio Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:17 am

Fuck sony.

I'm gonna sort out making my PS3 as hidden as possible then I'm going online again.

Don't give a fuck if they ban me.
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Supports : The Famous Glasgow Rangers

Judge allows Sony to unmask anyone who visited Geohotz site Empty Re: Judge allows Sony to unmask anyone who visited Geohotz site

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:16 am

Thank fuck I dont live there Judge allows Sony to unmask anyone who visited Geohotz site 644235

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:58 pm