Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Anyone tried using their SONY Laptop to type on PS3?

VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Anyone tried using their SONY Laptop to type on PS3? Empty Anyone tried using their SONY Laptop to type on PS3?

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:52 am

I was thinking about getting a keyboard that can be attacked to your PS3 controller as an easier way to type on PS3.. but I just heard that some SONY Vaio laptops can be connected to your PS3 via Bluetooth and used as the keyboard..

anyone tried this?
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Anyone tried using their SONY Laptop to type on PS3? Empty Re: Anyone tried using their SONY Laptop to type on PS3?

Post by ayvee1 Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:14 pm

Nope, but I do sometimes use a USB keyboard to type on the PS3.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Anyone tried using their SONY Laptop to type on PS3? Empty Re: Anyone tried using their SONY Laptop to type on PS3?

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:16 pm

ayvee1 wrote:Nope, but I do sometimes use a USB keyboard to type on the PS3.

Any old keyboard can be used once it has USB connection?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:16 pm

A while ago but I didn't understand how it worked either Sad I have one of those little keyboards you attach to your controller though, they're pretty useful.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:18 pm

Robyn van Persie wrote:A while ago but I didn't understand how it worked either Sad I have one of those little keyboards you attach to your controller though, they're pretty useful.

Are they awkward to use? and can they be used without being attached to the controller?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:25 pm

Viva Ronaldo 7 wrote:
    Robyn van Persie wrote:A while ago but I didn't understand how it worked either Sad I have one of those little keyboards you attach to your controller though, they're pretty useful.

Are they awkward to use? and can they be used without being attached to the controller?

Takes a little bit of getting used to but not really. They do have to be attached though.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:44 pm

On 360 any USB keyboard can be used, I imagine on PS3 it would be the same.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Post by ayvee1 Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:49 pm

Viva Ronaldo 7 wrote:
    ayvee1 wrote:Nope, but I do sometimes use a USB keyboard to type on the PS3.

Any old keyboard can be used once it has USB connection?
    Not sure what you mean. I just use a USB keyboard plugged right into the PS3.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:35 pm

Been trying to connect my Laptop to PS3 to use the keyboard... but the remote keyboard thing wont open on my laptop Mad
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:18 pm

Final questions Robyn, is it heavy when connected to the controller.. and would you recommend it? What a Face
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:22 pm

Viva Ronaldo 7 wrote:Final questions Robyn, is it heavy when connected to the controller.. and would you recommend it? What a Face

Not really and depends how much you use chat. Normally what I do is take the keyboard off if I need to concentrate on a game but it's no hassle, quite simple to put on/take off Smile
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:23 pm

Robyn van Persie wrote:
    Viva Ronaldo 7 wrote:Final questions Robyn, is it heavy when connected to the controller.. and would you recommend it? What a Face

Not really and depends how much you use chat. Normally what I do is take the keyboard off if I need to concentrate on a game but it's no hassle, quite simple to put on/take off Smile

Thanks Very Happy

I think I shall get one Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:23 pm

Anyone tried using their SONY Laptop to type on PS3? 3925848005

Amazon's cheapest I think. I went with HMV though to get points shifty
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Robyn van Persie wrote:Anyone tried using their SONY Laptop to type on PS3? 3925848005

Amazon's cheapest I think. I went with HMV though to get points shifty

think

What did you pay? does £14 sound decent?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:28 pm

I think it was nearer the £20 mark when I got it so yes Laughing
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks for the help not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:29 pm

You are welcome Anyone tried using their SONY Laptop to type on PS3? 3925848005
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:31 pm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-9762553-PS3-Wireless-keypad/dp/B001LF3K1E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325215801&sr=8-1
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:47 pm

£9.47 + £2.03 P&P - Bound to take more than 3 days to arrive. Rolling Eyes

Or

£9.85 + Free P&P - 99% guaranteed next day delivery if you order before 5PM.

I know which one I would choose.

Stupid Robyn.

shifty
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Oh yeah, link.

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO%20GAMES/PS3KEYPAD-Official%20PS3%20Wireless%20Keypad.html
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:57 pm

The Zlatan wrote:£9.47 + £2.03 P&P - Bound to take more than 3 days to arrive. Rolling Eyes

Or

£9.85 + Free P&P - 99% guaranteed next day delivery if you order before 5PM.

I know which one I would choose.

Stupid Robyn.

shifty

I paid something like £17 or £18 just so I could get pureHMV points shifty My priorities are different
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Yes, and now HMV is soon to become extinct. And your points will be useless, was it really worth it?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:03 pm

The Zlatan wrote:Yes, and now HMV is soon to become extinct. And your points will be useless, was it really worth it?

Wait, what? eek
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:08 pm

I'm not entirely sure of the ins and outs, but I'm pretty sure they're in some deep debt and aren't making enough profit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:11 pm

I might go check to see what I can buy with my points shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:17 pm

I have enough for an "Adult Legends Tour of Emirates Stadium for Two"
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:27 pm

Why don't you do this http://pure.hmv.com/other-games-stuff/family-wimbledon-tennis-tour-4-people/invt/g991001435/
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:43 am

The Zlatan wrote:Why don't you do this http://pure.hmv.com/other-games-stuff/family-wimbledon-tennis-tour-4-people/invt/g991001435/

I've already been to Wimbledon shifty
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:05 am

This motherfucka = ordered. smug
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Post by ayvee1 Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:22 am

The Zlatan wrote:I'm not entirely sure of the ins and outs, but I'm pretty sure they're in some deep debt and aren't making enough profit.
    Yeah I heard that as well, apparently HMV are bust.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:41 pm