Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
crump
Barton
MattSpur
mac
Dave
chemicalrubber
Kris
11 posters

Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA

Anonymous

Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA - Page 2 Empty Re: Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:46 am

mac wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    mac wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    mac wrote:
    DBond5 wrote:Freedom of speech to tell his mates what he thinks of Obama.. but to actually e-mail the U.S. Government? You're asking for a punishment, he got it.

Have to agree. Just saying he's a prick is one thing but emailing the U.S. government to tell them that our leader is a "prick" is pretty sad to be honest. Drunk or not. Don't need those kind of people ever visiting the US.

shut up and fuck off. what i just said to you is more offensive than what that kid said about obama. should i be banned from the USA?

"don't need those kind of people ever visiting the US." fucking prick!

Way to take it out of context. The main point is he "supposedly" emailed the U.S. government. Not the fact that he called him a prick. The actual words used wouldn't be the primary issue. Rolling Eyes

If I emailed the UK government saying the same thing about David Cameron, I doubt everyone in the UK would welcome me with open arms. No doubt some would welcome me but the government wouldn't for sure. If this story is "actually true", I don't think anyone who gets drunk enough to send a foreign government an insult about their leader should be allowed to leave their house tbh.

if i was representative of my country as a whole (which i am not). i would disagree with your opinion but recognise that you are entitled to one. i would think the majority of mt countrymen would feel the same, at least with regards to the opinion bit. i am almost certain that would be the stance taken by my government on my behalf.

i know there is growing unrest in the US towards Obama (particularly in more conservative states), should these people be expelled from their own country?

is there a world leader that you don't have the highest regard for? perhaps you think he/she is a prick! should you not be allowed to vistit their country?

i sincerely hope that this story is bullshit because it is one of the most petty things i have ever heard!

There is a difference of being an entitled to a opinion and sending a foreign government an email stating your opinion. People in the US or around the world can say all they want about Obama but when you send the U.S. government an email stating that it changes things to a certain extent.

Also, the people who currently have a negative opinion of Obama whether conservative or liberal would not send our own government an email stating that and that point is invalid anyways considering the "so called" email sent by the British teen was from a foreign citizen rather than a US citizen. So the "punishment" or "response" from the government would obviously be different.

Anyways, since this article is apparently fake, it doesn't really matter.

so it's now confirmed as fake! good.

why wouldn't a US citizen send an email or letter insulting the president? this argument has no basis what-so-ever. can you back up this claim or prove that US citizens indeed don't send insulting emails to the administration every day?
    Anonymous

Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA - Page 2 Empty Re: Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:49 am

If I call Polska or Dan a prick, does that mean i'm not welcome in Poland or Scouseland? Smile
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:05 pm

forestfcfan wrote:If I call Polska or Dan a prick, does that mean i'm not welcome in Poland or Scouseland? Smile
    Only if you e-mail it to them. Neutral

shifty
    mac
    mac

Supports : Liverpool

Post by mac Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:22 pm

'orrible bastard wrote:

so it's now confirmed as fake! good.

why wouldn't a US citizen send an email or letter insulting the president? this argument has no basis what-so-ever. can you back up this claim or prove that US citizens indeed don't send insulting emails to the administration every day?

Nothing is confirmed. But we've already looked at the article and it can be assumed it is. You don't have to assume as such if you would not like to though. But I prefer to have legitimate websites or articles proving it is.

Also, the reason a US citizen wouldn't send an "insulting" email or letter to the present is it would not get them anywhere if they were trying to make a point. Unless they were making a threat, the government would most likely not even look into it. There are other ways a citizen can get the attention of the government or president of the country they live in. Regardless, most methods still won't make much of a difference. And the debate was over the "punishment" or "response" of the US government and not whether US citizens do or do not send emails to the president.

The argument has a basis. The point was of it was that US citizen sending an "insulting" email would be treated differently than if a foreign citizen did so. Whether they do or don't was not my actual point. Only that their "punishment" would be much different than in the case of a foreign citizen.

So if you have a point to make about the US' government's response to the supposed email, then continue, otherwise pointing out I can't prove whether U.S. citizens actually send insulting emails will not further the discussion.

Anyways, let's just end this discussion because I did some more research on this supposed email sent by the British teen and it seems the teen doesn't actually remember what he fully wrote since he was drunk at the time He could of made much harsher insults than calling Obama a prick and even sent some threats for all we know.

http://womenstate.blogspot.com/2010/09/banned-from-america-for-life-for.html

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread611027/pg1

I managed to find a more legitimate article from sky news on yahoo uk and ireland as well. They stated that he only called him a "prick" but since we don't know the full circumstances of what was actually said, it makes the debate futile without knowing further details.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100913/tuk-teen-banned-from-us-for-barracking-o-45dbed5.html

Go on and criticize my points if you would like but after doing some research on the the supposed email, I believe nobody can make a valid argument for either side without further details on what "may" have happened.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:17 pm