Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
crump
Barton
MattSpur
mac
Dave
chemicalrubber
Kris
11 posters

Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA

Kris
    Kris

Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA Empty Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA

Post by Kris Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:11 pm

A British teenager has been banned for life from going to the United States of America. He was banned from sending an explicit email to the White House calling President Obama an obscenity.
    According to reports Luke Angel, 17, was contacted by the local cops at request by the FBI to tell him he is not welcome in North America. Angel was left dumbfounded.

Angel apparently sent a single email to the White House email, cruising the U.S. government website after seeing a TV program about the 9/11 attacks. Angel claims he was drunk when he wrote the email.
    So what did Angel apparently say? MyFoxDC reported that Angel said that he called Obama a "prick." Angel called it silly and blamed his drunkenness for the email.
    The local police showed up to the Angel's residence and took a photo of him and told him he was banned from America. Angel's parents are apparently not too happy with their son. No criminal action will be implemented.

So much for freedom of speech. Original article here: http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212322882.shtml
    chemicalrubber
    chemicalrubber

Supports : Arsenal

Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA Empty Re: Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA

Post by chemicalrubber Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:52 pm

It's not exactly a problem with freedom of speech. He is free to say anything about Obama, the defence authority not letting him in is another matter. If someone says nasty things about you and you tell him that he is not welcome to your house, it's not a violation of freedom of speech.
    Kris
    Kris

Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA Empty Re: Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA

Post by Kris Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:16 pm

you have a good point, chemicalrubber.

That being said, I'd understand that he wouldn't be allowed in Obama's home and some other places, but him not being allowed in the entire country is still overkill.
    Dave
    Dave

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Dave Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:12 pm

Freedom of speech to tell his mates what he thinks of Obama.. but to actually e-mail the U.S. Government? You're asking for a punishment, he got it.
    mac
    mac

Supports : Liverpool

Post by mac Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:18 am

DBond5 wrote:Freedom of speech to tell his mates what he thinks of Obama.. but to actually e-mail the U.S. Government? You're asking for a punishment, he got it.

Have to agree. Just saying he's a prick is one thing but emailing the U.S. government to tell them that our leader is a "prick" is pretty sad to be honest. Drunk or not. Don't need those kind of people ever visiting the US.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:24 am

Bit of an overreaction tbf.
    MattSpur
    MattSpur

Supports : Tottingham Hotspurs

Post by MattSpur Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:48 am

If one was sent to David Cameron no one would give a toss and they wouldn't be stupid and petty enough to ban the person from coming to England.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:51 am

MattSpur wrote:If one was sent to David Cameron no one would give a toss and they wouldn't be stupid and petty enough to ban the person from coming to England.

We'd probably welcome them over, buy them a house and give them some money tbh.. Neutral
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:17 am

Thats quite harsh to be honest. Its like if somebody called me a prick and i banned them from entering my house for the rest of there life. Didn't think Obama would get so upset over a drunken teenager childishly insulting him.

Its a bit sad to be honest. Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA Icon_lol
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:34 am

Yet noone does anything about the racism to him etc, poor. I doubt he cares anyway, I wouldn't.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:41 am

That article is hard to believe. If he instead said something on the lines of "I will kill you" (even jokingly), then I would understand. But calling someone a prick (directly or not) doesn't constitute denying entrance to a nation. Also one thing that made me doubt this article is the following...

"According to reports Luke Angel, 17, was contacted by the local cops at request by the FBI to tell him he is not welcome in North America. Angel was left dumbfounded."

Since when did the USA have control of immigration over the whole continent of North America?
    Barton

Post by Barton Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:46 am

ahlycotc wrote:That article is hard to believe. If he instead said something on the lines of "I will kill you" (even jokingly), then I would understand. But calling someone a prick (directly or not) doesn't constitute denying entrance to a nation. Also one thing that made me doubt this article is the following...

"According to reports Luke Angel, 17, was contacted by the local cops at request by the FBI to tell him he is not welcome in North America. Angel was left dumbfounded."

Since when did the USA have control of immigration over the whole continent of North America?

Yeah i find this hard to beleive. I mean doesn't Obama have MUCH bigger things to be worrying about, or more important things to be sorting out then a drunken teenager calling him prick? I just find it hard to beleive that Obama would be so deeply offended by this, to the point that hes not allowing this poor lad into his country. Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA Icon_neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:20 am

JMB_94 wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:That article is hard to believe. If he instead said something on the lines of "I will kill you" (even jokingly), then I would understand. But calling someone a prick (directly or not) doesn't constitute denying entrance to a nation. Also one thing that made me doubt this article is the following...

Yeah i find this hard to beleive. I mean doesn't Obama have MUCH bigger things to be worrying about, or more important things to be sorting out then a drunken teenager calling him prick? I just find it hard to beleive that Obama would be so deeply offended by this, to the point that hes not allowing this poor lad into his country. Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA Icon_neutral

Yeah and if this is true, why is Glenn Beck still in the country? That guy called Obama a racist, Hitler, and many more things. Laughing
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

TBH he seems like the type of person who belongs in America. We'll put him in Ohio or Louisiana and he'll grow into a proper redneck. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:45 am

mac wrote:
    DBond5 wrote:Freedom of speech to tell his mates what he thinks of Obama.. but to actually e-mail the U.S. Government? You're asking for a punishment, he got it.

Have to agree. Just saying he's a prick is one thing but emailing the U.S. government to tell them that our leader is a "prick" is pretty sad to be honest. Drunk or not. Don't need those kind of people ever visiting the US.

shut up and fuck off. what i just said to you is more offensive than what that kid said about obama. should i be banned from the USA?

"don't need those kind of people ever visiting the US." fucking prick!
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Post by Roloman4 Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:06 pm

I highly doubt this is true.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm more disturbed by the fact he was 17 and drunk.

But I read somewhere that is a normal thing for 14 year olds to be drunk in England so meh.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:40 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:I'm more disturbed by the fact he was 17 and drunk.

But I read somewhere that is a normal thing for 14 year olds to be drunk in England so meh.

It's not the least common thing in the States either. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:45 pm

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:I'm more disturbed by the fact he was 17 and drunk.

It's not the least common thing in the States either. Neutral

Seriously. Laughing

But I guess it's considered OK in England because the drinking age is lower.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:53 pm

What's the drinking age in the US? shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:58 pm

PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK

God, I contribute so much to these forums.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:16 pm

'orrible bastard wrote:
    mac wrote:

shut up and fuck off. what i just said to you is more offensive than what that kid said about obama. should i be banned from the USA?

Way to take it out of context. The main point is he "supposedly" emailed the U.S. government. Not the fact that he called him a prick. The actual words used wouldn't be the primary issue. Rolling Eyes

If I emailed the UK government saying the same thing about David Cameron, I doubt everyone in the UK would welcome me with open arms. No doubt some would welcome me but the government wouldn't for sure. If this story is "actually true", I don't think anyone who gets drunk enough to send a foreign government an insult about their leader should be allowed to leave their house tbh.

Last edited by mac on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:35 pm

JMB_94 wrote:Thats quite harsh to be honest. Its like if somebody called me a prick and i banned them from entering my house for the rest of there life. Didn't think Obama would get so upset over a drunken teenager childishly insulting him.

To be honest, I doubt Obama would ever have the time to be bothered by such a thing. Our government would most likely deal with it by themselves without him even knowing. But from looking at the article again, I now highly doubt this is even true. Don't know why I even bothered reading the entire thing. Laughing
    Barton

Post by Barton Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:19 pm

mac wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:Thats quite harsh to be honest. Its like if somebody called me a prick and i banned them from entering my house for the rest of there life. Didn't think Obama would get so upset over a drunken teenager childishly insulting him.

To be honest, I doubt Obama would ever have the time to be bothered by such a thing. Our government would most likely deal with it by themselves without him even knowing. But from looking at the article again, I now highly doubt this is even true. Don't know why I even bothered reading the entire thing. Laughing

Obviously its fake. Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA Icon_rolleyes
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:40 am

JMB_94 wrote:
    mac wrote:

Obviously its fake. Kid calls Obama a prick, banned from USA Icon_rolleyes

No need for the rolling eyes. I made my original post with some uncertainty in the story being true and had been up all night when I read it. Wink
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:28 am

Liebherr wrote:What's the drinking age in the US? shifty

blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:03 pm

mac wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    mac wrote:

Way to take it out of context. The main point is he "supposedly" emailed the U.S. government. Not the fact that he called him a prick. The actual words used wouldn't be the primary issue. Rolling Eyes

If I emailed the UK government saying the same thing about David Cameron, I doubt everyone in the UK would welcome me with open arms. No doubt some would welcome me but the government wouldn't for sure. If this story is "actually true", I don't think anyone who gets drunk enough to send a foreign government an insult about their leader should be allowed to leave their house tbh.

I reckon if you emailed our government calling Cameron a prick, he'd just set it to junk mail Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:41 am

mac wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    mac wrote:

if i was representative of my country as a whole (which i am not). i would disagree with your opinion but recognise that you are entitled to one. i would think the majority of mt countrymen would feel the same, at least with regards to the opinion bit. i am almost certain that would be the stance taken by my government on my behalf.

i know there is growing unrest in the US towards Obama (particularly in more conservative states), should these people be expelled from their own country?

is there a world leader that you don't have the highest regard for? perhaps you think he/she is a prick! should you not be allowed to vistit their country?

i sincerely hope that this story is bullshit because it is one of the most petty things i have ever heard!
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:10 pm

James wrote:PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK PRICK

God, I contribute so much to these forums.
    Laughing
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:57 pm

'orrible bastard wrote:
    mac wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    mac wrote:

if i was representative of my country as a whole (which i am not). i would disagree with your opinion but recognise that you are entitled to one. i would think the majority of mt countrymen would feel the same, at least with regards to the opinion bit. i am almost certain that would be the stance taken by my government on my behalf.

i know there is growing unrest in the US towards Obama (particularly in more conservative states), should these people be expelled from their own country?

is there a world leader that you don't have the highest regard for? perhaps you think he/she is a prick! should you not be allowed to vistit their country?

i sincerely hope that this story is bullshit because it is one of the most petty things i have ever heard!

There is a difference of being an entitled to a opinion and sending a foreign government an email stating your opinion. People in the US or around the world can say all they want about Obama but when you send the U.S. government an email stating that it changes things to a certain extent.

Also, the people who currently have a negative opinion of Obama whether conservative or liberal would not send our own government an email stating that and that point is invalid anyways considering the "so called" email sent by the British teen was from a foreign citizen rather than a US citizen. So the "punishment" or "response" from the government would obviously be different.

Anyways, since this article is apparently fake, it doesn't really matter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:12 am