Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Lux
bcfcben
Royal
Mal
Danny
El Jefe
Jordi
Grenade
Barton
Carlos Jenkinson
luke.
ayvee1
Uncle John from Jamaica
dena
Zzonked
Childish Logic
Sean
Cornholio
22 posters

What street football games do you play?

Cornholio
    Cornholio

What street football games do you play? Empty What street football games do you play?

Post by Cornholio Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:48 am

I don't know what to call them so I'll call them street football games. Street football games are mainly found in those football cages like this What street football games do you play? Tiverton-Estate-Football-Visit125

Street football games are usually individual based, as it's not really suited for team games. Street Football games ALWAYS result in the loser receiving "Batty Beats" AKA "Tan Arse".

Batty Beats is where the loser has to stand on the goal line and bend over and present their arse for the rest to kick the ball at. The distance from which you kick is down tou the group playing. I personally play minimum one step(It's a bit shit when everyone takes it from halfway and misses).

Here are some examples:

Heads and Volleys: Self-explanatory. You can only score with a head and volley. Volley's will have to be from a certain distance, usually outside the box if there is one.

Shooting game: This is a tan-arse-fest. Self-explanatory, shoot from behind a certain distance. Goalie loses all his lives = Tan arse.

For both of the above games, the goalie changes when the ball is caught, or kicked wide or over. Certain variations may allow you to kick it over or wide etc if the "Over saves all" rule is in play, or "Post saves all" etc.

Here is one that a friend of mine made up after he got a nasty injury which prevented him from playing to 100%.

The post game: This is more calm game. It's all about accuracy. You simply have to hit each post; Left, right, crossbar, and middle. For the middle one the football cage has to have another post running down just behind the goal, down the middle, this is extremely hard to hit. Once you have hit each post you are through. Last person through receives batty beats.

What variations do you play?
    Sean

What street football games do you play? Empty Re: What street football games do you play?

Post by Sean Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:50 am

Knockouts

Long shots

Headers and volleys

And we call it red arsed Laughing
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

What street football games do you play? Empty Re: What street football games do you play?

Post by Childish Logic Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:53 am

Laughing we take it from like 5 steps back Laughing
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:53 am

I've not played any for about 3 years bounce
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:54 am

2 man, 3 and in, panna, and horse mainly
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:55 am

Knockouts is just singles?

Long shots is the shooting game?

I forgot a good team based game.

End to end.

Can be played with any even amount of players. The cage must ideally have two goals. You're not allowed out of your half, and you/your team are only allowed two touches collectively. You have to score past the other team. This is a fucking hectic game if the cage is small. You have continuously run and defend the goal only taking one touch then using your remaining touch to score from your own half. Very good fitness. You play to something like first to 10 goals. The amount of goals you win by is the aount of batty beats you give the opposition.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:56 am

How I used to enjoy street football.. haven't played it for years. Neutral

I enjoyed "two touch".
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:57 am

Cornholio wrote:Knockouts is just singles?

End to end.

Can be played with any even amount of players. The cage must ideally have two goals. You're not allowed out of your half, and you/your team are only allowed two touches collectively. You have to score past the other team. This is a fucking hectic game if the cage is small. You have continuously run and defend the goal only taking one touch then using your remaining touch to score from your own half. Very good fitness. You play to something like first to 10 goals. The amount of goals you win by is the aount of batty beats you give the opposition.

That's a brilliant game actually, used to play in PE all the time.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:58 am

Cornholio wrote:Knockouts is just singles?

End to end.

I've played something like that before, have stay in your own half, three touches though, usually played it in a gym or some sort with a really small "field" (like 15-20 feet long), usually 3 v 3.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:58 am

I think two touch is another name for end to end.

Can people please give a brief description of the game if it is not obvious.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:58 am

We mostly knock a ball around in summer, that's about it.

I took a thunderous Roberto Carlos esque free kick right into my mates face last summer. Hit him across the face like a slap. Can't remember why. Was amazing though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:00 am

Cornholio wrote:I think two touch is another name for end to end.

Okay basically we were in a smallish cage.. we used to play it with 2-4 people.. a goal on each side of the cage.. then you can only have two touches to defend your goal then try and score, obviously we had boundaries where we could go, but when we done it with 2 people it is basically what you said for End to End, couldn't leave your half and only had two touches to defend and score.. Smile
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:00 am

I played a game in PE called one touch

Basically you have about 20 people and a ball, you have one touch to try and hit another player (like Dodgeball). It's basically a mental session of people running around having balls booted at them Laughing
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:01 am

kyro7 wrote:

Okay basically we were in a smallish cage.. we used to play it with 2-4 people.. a goal on each side of the cage.. then you can only have two touches to defend your goal then try and score, obviously we had boundaries where we could go, but when we done it with 2 people it is basically what you said for End to End, couldn't leave your half and only had two touches to defend and score.. Smile

Didn't need an explanation then What street football games do you play? 58503
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:01 am

Zzonked wrote:We mostly knock a ball around in summer, that's about it.

I took a thunderous Roberto Carlos esque free kick right into my mates face last summer. Hit him across the face like a slap. Can't remember why. Was amazing though.
    Once in PowerLeague my mate was hanging off the bar, I was at the other end of the pitch and I smashed it and it hit him and he fell in the goal. laugh
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:02 am

Cornholio wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Didn't need an explanation then What street football games do you play? 58503
    Was only saying it for the 4 people.. Neutral

Jesus. Laughing
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:02 am

Sean CFC wrote:I played a game in PE called one touch

Basically you have about 20 people and a ball, you have one touch to try and hit another player (like Dodgeball). It's basically a mental session of people running around having balls booted at them Laughing

Done something like in an actual game of dogeball in PE, I'd catch the ball (eliminating the person who threw it at me) then sort of do a punting motion (you watch NFL, so you know what I mean shifty) and volley it at someone Laughing
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:03 am

Zzonked wrote:We mostly knock a ball around in summer, that's about it.

It depends how many people we can get. If there's a fair few we'll go to the park. But at this time if any of us want a kick about it's usually around 4 of us. Easier to go to cage and play this sort of game.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:10 am

Did anyone used to play SLAM?
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:15 am

What's SLAM?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:21 am

Whats the game called where you have 1 person in goal and the rest basically play normal football trying to score in that one goal. The person who doesn't reach the target goals is out. So say theres 5 of ya.

1 in goal
    4 outfield, 1st round all you do is score 1 to go through
    next round only 3 people left so score2
    next round only 2 left so score 3 and then you have the winner

we also used to play heads and volleys
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:22 am

yarnbury11 wrote:Did anyone used to play SLAM?

I did.

Basically you keep kicking against the wall until someone misses and then they get an S and you play till someone spells out SLAM and they lose.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:22 am

James ♠ wrote:Whats the game called where you have 1 person in goal and the rest basically play normal football trying to score in that one goal. The person who doesn't reach the target goals is out. So say theres 5 of ya.

1 in goal

That's singles.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:22 am

If that's what SLAM is then yes I've played that. We call it Squash though Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:24 am

Cornholio wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:Whats the game called where you have 1 person in goal and the rest basically play normal football trying to score in that one goal. The person who doesn't reach the target goals is out. So say theres 5 of ya.

1 in goal

That's singles.

We didn't call it singles but I can't remember what we called it. Sad
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:27 am

James ♠ wrote:Whats the game called where you have 1 person in goal and the rest basically play normal football trying to score in that one goal. The person who doesn't reach the target goals is out. So say theres 5 of ya.

1 in goal

We used to call that 'world cup'. Score the amount of goals necessary and you're through to the next round.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:28 am

Knockout james
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:29 am

We called SLAM wallsey Laughing
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:33 am

What about ASS? basically a few people stand in a circle and keep the ball up, if they let if drop or miss a player they get a letter. Whoever gets ASS stands againt the wall and gets the ball booted at their ass, if you hit them you get another shot, and so on.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:47 am

All i play is no touches for shots in powerleague

Never heard of these games before

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 9:07 am