Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Childish Logic
Uncle John from Jamaica
ShakerMatty
Pippo
ayvee1
Mal
Zzonked
dena
menalawyerguy
North_Sea_Tiger
Lux
Sean
Cornholio
17 posters

How shit have films gone recently?

Cornholio
    Cornholio

How shit have films gone recently? Empty How shit have films gone recently?

Post by Cornholio Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:39 am

Super shit, imo.

There hasn't been a decent film released in fucking ages, the last decent one I watched was probably Kickass.

I watched Harry Potter not long a go. Unbelievable how much that franchise has changed. Used to be good entertainment for all, now you have to be hardcore Potter-Head to know what's going on. I still don't know what horcrux is, sounds like some sort of prostitute disease.

So ummm yeah. Point me in the direction of decent new films.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.

P.S Suppose "Let Me In" needs a mention. I thought it was different and quite a good story. Only problem is, when you look deeper, the film is just about a pedophile vampire. Quite horrifying in all honesty.

Good day How shit have films gone recently? 139857
    Sean

How shit have films gone recently? Empty Re: How shit have films gone recently?

Post by Sean Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:46 am

Tbf lately some good ones have come out

127 hours is one I'd recommend.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:49 am

Seen it.

It was ok, nothing mind-blowing.

Although, I got a sudden rush of emotion when he seen that family at the end. It was like I was with him and I couldn't believe he'd got through it. That was sort of weird.

Suppose that deserves a mention aswell then.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:53 am

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ wrote:I watched Harry Potter not long a go. Unbelievable how much that franchise has changed. Used to be good entertainment for all, now you have to be hardcore Potter-Head to know what's going on. I still don't know what horcrux is, sounds like some sort of prostitute disease.

Read the books?

Fuck though, they explained what Horcruxes were in the last film......Voldemort as a student at Hogwarts went into the Forbidden Library and found out about Horcruxes.....and he then asked some teacher about it for more information (i.e. could it be possible to use Horcruxes to split your soul into more than 2 pieces....)

With that he had the idea to make Horcruxes (items which contain parts of his soul) and hide them to make himself immortal. If the Horcruxes are destroyed then Voldermort can be killed.

----------------------------------------------------

But yeah enough with my pro analytical skills......some good recent movies.

-Unstoppable
    -The Green Hornet (if you liked Kickass you'd probably like this)
    -Inception/The Social Network (too old?)

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:53 am

Has everything gone the 3D route yet?

The Ché not diggin it, still watching movies the ol' fashioned way.

Machete was dope if you saw it as a tribute to grindhouse theater and exploitation films of the 70's.

But yeah, can't say I've really loved, many films recently, the family films are still okay though, Up and Despicable Me were enjoyable.

Go arthouse yo. Neutral
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:54 am

BigPoppaSmurf wrote:Has everything gone the 3D route yet?

Machete was dope if you saw it as a tribute to grindhouse theater and exploitation films of the 70's.

But yeah, can't say I've really loved, many films recently, the family films are still okay though, Up and Despicable Me were enjoyable.

Go arthouse yo. Neutral

Was reading that like WTF is Yarnuty on about Laughing
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:56 am

Have I fuck read the books. I haven't read A book, let alone them fat fucking wizard ones.

What film? The one just gone?

I think I've missed one.

Either way it's all gone to shite. What happened to quidditch and funny escapades inside Hogwarts?
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:57 am

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ wrote:Have I fuck read the books. I haven't read A book, let alone them fat fucking wizard ones.

I think I've missed one.

Either way it's all gone to shite. What happened to quidditch and funny escapades inside Hogwarts?

Shit gets serious Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:59 am

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ wrote:Have I fuck read the books. I haven't read A book, let alone them fat fucking wizard ones.

I think I've missed one.

.........Can't believe you've never read a book.....at least in school. I don't really do it pro-actively but when I do it's enjoyable and definitely helps your English.

Sean CFC wrote:Shit gets serious Neutral

Exactly Neutral These ain't no 12 year olds no moar....

How shit have films gone recently? Shit_just_got_srs_RE_Cool_Website_Part_3-s550x400-107835

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:00 am

BigPoppaSmurf wrote:Has everything gone the 3D route yet?

Go arthouse yo. Neutral

That's my problem, I look at kids films and automatically think "not for me".

Although, I watched the latest Narnia the other night.

Fuck me sideways, that's quite possibly the biggest pile of wank I've EVER seen.

Another one where I had no idea what was going on. It seems they were trying to get home, a big dream dragon comes out, it goes away, Aslan pops out and they all go home? What the fuck?

The teacher used to read these stories to us when I was young and they were awesome.

The films are wank, with a token british kid (speaks like the Queen).

WANK!
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:01 am

I never went to see Toy Story 3 as I thought I was beyond it but I watched it last week and it was very good Neutral
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:03 am

There was NO explanation of horcruxes. I can't be certain because the film lost my attention on numerous occasions, but I'm pretty certain.

It's just shite.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:04 am

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ wrote:There was NO explanation of horcruxes. I can't be certain because the film lost my attention on numerous occasions, but I'm pretty certain.

It's just shite.

Na, there was definitely an explanation in the film before this.

When I said "last film" I meant the one before the recent one pig
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:06 am

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ wrote:There was NO explanation of horcruxes. I can't be certain because the film lost my attention on numerous occasions, but I'm pretty certain.

It's just shite.

I loved the film.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:07 am

I know the story because I read the books but I do agree the films have become worse.....I thought The Chamber of Secrets was the best.

Now I don't really like the films.....hard to put my finger on why...
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:08 am

Wait, did Dumbledore die in the last one?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:11 am

Smile face guy, maybe you are having trouble with reading and comprehension, you know like at school but replace reading with watching movies, like watching movies and comprehension, cause I have trouble with some films too but I can usually still follow the plot even if I haven't read the book, or maybe you just can't get into something because it doesn't tickle your bumhole the right way.

Do you have any examples of films you actually enjoyed? Might give us an idea of what your kind of thing is. Also you might have a go at looking at films in a different language/country. I find Hollywood films get on my nerves sometimes, some of my favorite films are actually from Spain, Argentina and Mexico. Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:14 am

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ wrote:Wait, did Dumbledore die in the last one?

I was looking for the invisible troll face...........

oh dear pig
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Supports : The Famous Glasgow Rangers

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:15 am

The last good film you watched was Kickass? There have been some good films lately and Kickass wasnt even that good
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:17 am

Everything tickles my bumhole the right way.

I like all sorts of films aslong as they're good Laughing

My favourite are mindfuck films like , The Prestige, Twelve Monkeys, eXistenZ, Fight Club etc.

Also comedies and action. I thought Kickass was brilliant. I like the latest Batman movies aswell with that Bale fella.

@Lux: How shit have films gone recently? 58503 I think I fucking missed the Half-Blood Prince.
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:19 am

Shutter Island was a good mind fuck
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ wrote:Wait, did Dumbledore die in the last one?

I was looking for the invisible troll face...........

oh dear pig

I'm guessing he did.

That was one of my main gripes with the latest film. It said Dumbledore was dead. I was like "Wtf, you can't just have him die inbetween films. We need to see it."

I can now see why I was confused, and will watch HP:HBP.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 am

North_Sea_Tiger wrote:Shutter Island was a good mind fuck

How shit have films gone recently? 58503

Forgot that. Brilliant film.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:25 am

North_Sea_Tiger wrote:Shutter Island was a good mind fuck

I thought it dragged on too long....it got boring tbh.

Inception was a lot better.......intelligent + action = Heart

Intelligent + drama (i.e. most films that get Oscar nominations) = Fuck you
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:28 am

Meh. Watched Inception and didnt totally get it. Will have to look at it again. Didnt help that it was a crappy camera copy
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:28 am

Inception was not a mindfuck. It couldn't have been more straightforward.

The only reason everyone wanks over it and says it's brilliant is because it's a new concept.

Just because it breaks the mould of your average action movie =/= mind fuck.
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:32 am

The Departed is probably my favourite film of all time
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:35 am

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ wrote:Inception was not a mindfuck. It couldn't have been more straightforward.

The only reason everyone wanks over it and says it's brilliant is because it's a new concept.

I agree, but I think either a lot of people I know lack any intelligence or.......? A lot of people say "whut I don't get Lord of the Rings, Inception, bla bla bla". I don't really get how they can't get it after watching the whole movie Neutral

Mindfuck's are generally a bit slow.......for me the Prestige was clever but a bit weird/boring. I got it at the end and I was impressed that I had no idea how they did it....but it didn't really make up for it's failings.

North_Sea_Tiger wrote:The Departed is probably my favourite film of all time

Heart
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:38 am

Old films were the best

Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas, Resevoir Dogs, Usual Suspects etc
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:48 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ wrote:Inception was not a mindfuck. It couldn't have been more straightforward.

I agree, but I think either a lot of people I know lack any intelligence or.......? A lot of people say "whut I don't get Lord of the Rings, Inception, bla bla bla". I don't really get how they can't get it after watching the whole movie Neutral

Mindfuck's are generally a bit slow.......for me the Prestige was clever but a bit weird/boring. I got it at the end and I was impressed that I had no idea how they did it....but it didn't really make up for it's failings.

North_Sea_Tiger wrote:The Departed is probably my favourite film of all time

How shit have films gone recently? 18254

I don't know. I get so deep into films, and when the mindfuck comes I'm like WTF?

It's more of an experience then just watching a film.

While The Departed was good, I couldn't really appreciate it because I had already seen the Japanese (?) original. I knew what was coming, and it was almost copied scene for scene. Can't help but think it was only the cast that won that film the Oscar. Because it sure as hell wasn't the idea.

Those are also brilliant films Sean.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:13 pm