Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Mal
Barton
SBSP
luke.
Kuled
Lux
10 posters

How the hell does this make sense?

Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

How the hell does this make sense? Empty How the hell does this make sense?

Post by Lux Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:11 am

How the hell does this make sense? Ipswich_1788714c
    How the hell does this make sense? Eraq2f

Game goes on...Ipswich vs Leicester on TV.

One week later.........Ipswich vs Watford.

How the hell does this make sense? 0,,10400~9286609,00

Game called off Neutral

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:13 am; edited 2 times in total
    Kuled

How the hell does this make sense? Empty Re: How the hell does this make sense?

Post by Kuled Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:12 am

lol!
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:13 am

Surrounding areas..
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:13 am

No one likes Watford. Simples

shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:17 am

Just to piss you off Lux.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:31 am

Aparently it was due ot a frozen pitch, the surrounding areas are fine. And the only reason last weeks game wasn't abandoned is because we were winning 3-0.

I was gonna go to this Lux, if it wasn't postponed. Were you in Ipswich today? Smile

Last edited by JMB_94 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:34 am

No games should be called off because of surrounding areas in my opinion. If I decide to go to a game in the snow and ice, then I go and break my leg, it's my problem. Oxford Street shops aren't closed because the risk of people getting hurt. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:37 am

Doesn't make sense tbh.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:57 am

JMB_94 wrote:Aparently it was due ot a frozen pitch, the surrounding areas are fine. And the only reason last weeks game wasn't abandoned is because we were winning 3-0.

I was gonna go to this Lux, if it wasn't postponed. Were you in Ipswich today? Smile
    At half time all the Leicester fans were angry when they heard the news. Laughing
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:22 am

Because it's more dangerous when it's icy bounce
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:33 am

Mal wrote:No games should be called off because of surrounding areas in my opinion. If I decide to go to a game in the snow and ice, then I go and break my leg, it's my problem. Oxford Street shops aren't closed because the risk of people getting hurt. Neutral

Think about people who don't live within 20 minute drive of the stadium. People who live in villages around the city still go the games and it tends to be worse in their areas.

Also, if a kid slips, bangs his head and dies are you going to say it is his problem?

Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:38 am

James ♠️ wrote:
    Mal wrote:No games should be called off because of surrounding areas in my opinion. If I decide to go to a game in the snow and ice, then I go and break my leg, it's my problem. Oxford Street shops aren't closed because the risk of people getting hurt. Neutral

Think about people who don't live within 20 minute drive of the stadium. People who live in villages around the city still go the games and it tends to be worse in their areas.

Also, if a kid slips, bangs his head and dies are you going to say it is his problem?

Neutral
    It's his parents problem.

And his parents fault if they took the kid to the game knowing beforehand the conditions.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:46 am

JMB_94 wrote:Aparently it was due ot a frozen pitch, the surrounding areas are fine. And the only reason last weeks game wasn't abandoned is because we were winning 3-0.

Na I was at Loftus Road...I do that quite a lot when Watford are away.

Someone on my road went to Ipswich today though and was probably almost there when it was cancelled Laughing
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:14 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:

Neutral

And his parents fault if they took the kid to the game knowing beforehand the conditions.

Agree with Polska. Shops don't close for safety issues and there's hundreds of thousands of people shopping down the west end. Neutral

The club is not responsible for ice being on the streets and roads. What they should do is refund people who can't get to the game. Neutral
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:38 am

Typical British
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:50 am

Besides the safety issues involved, would you like to see a near empty stadium?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:53 am

Mal wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:

Neutral

Agree with Polska. Shops don't close for safety issues and there's hundreds of thousands of people shopping down the west end. Neutral

The club is not responsible for ice being on the streets and roads. What they should do is refund people who can't get to the game. Neutral

It's done to stop people suing if they are injured. Like, for example - most schools close now in snow, even if the majority of pupils live within walking distance, because if a child breaks their leg in the playground it is their fault and the parents can sue.

It's the world we live in now. Thanks America.. Neutral
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:01 am

ahlycotc wrote:

The tickets have already been bought, and frankly i'd prefer it from a tv watching perspective
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:03 am

ahlycotc wrote:

Doubt they'd be near empty, if NFL teams can keep great attendances through bad weather then Premier League teams should too.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:59 am

ahlycotc wrote:

A near empty stadium? I live in London and I know quite a few people who were making the journey to Ipswich.

TBH Watford don't usually bring thousands on the road anyway......it wouldn't have been a major loss to have a few less....now we have a more clogged up fixture list as our last 2 games have been postponed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:04 am

@ dena and Lux, fair enough.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:44 am

Snow works as a good insulator. for all the snow on the pitch in the leicester game, the pitch was still not frozen. plus surrounding areas and all that!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:26 am