Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Bushido
menalawyerguy
Cornholio
7 posters

Don't get gay in Qatar.

Cornholio
    Cornholio

Don't get gay in Qatar. Empty Don't get gay in Qatar.

Post by Cornholio Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Fifa boss Sepp Blatter sparks Qatar gay controversy

Don't get gay in Qatar. _50414393_blatter_worldcup Qatar's Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani accepts the World Cup trophy

Fifa president Sepp Blatter says gay fans travelling to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar should "refrain from any sexual activities". Gay rights groups have criticised the decision to award the tournament to a country where homosexuality is illegal. But Blatter, apparently joking, said: "I would say they [gay fans] should refrain from any sexual activities." On a more serious note, Blatter added: "I'm sure when the World Cup will be in Qatar there will be no problems." However, former NBA star John Amaechi, who revealed that he was gay in 2007, was highly critical of Blatter's comments. The Islamic country of Qatar was the surprise winner of the race to host the 2022 World Cup, beating Australia, Japan, South Korea and the United States when the 22-man Fifa executive committee voted in their favour in Zurich on 2 December.
    Don't get gay in Qatar. O If sport can not serve to change society, even temporarily during the duration of an event like the World Cup that invites the world to participate, then it is little more than grown men chasing a ball

Former NBA star John Amaechi

Fifa has since come in for criticism after the decision to take the World Cup to the Middle East for the first time. Concerns were raised about hosting the tournament during the summer months in a country where temperatures can reach 40C to 50C while current laws mean drinking alcohol in public is forbidden. Gay groups are also worried about the acceptance of homosexual fans, with the Gay Football Supporter's Network saying at the time of Fifa's decision: "We strongly condemn Fifa's decision and will be leading a LGBT [Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay and Transgender] boycott of all activities associated with World Cup 2022. "We do not feel the World Cup should be held in any country that abuses and disregards the basic human rights of LGBT people." But Blatter does not foresee any difficulties, saying: "You see in the Middle East the opening of this culture, it's another culture because it's another religion, but in football we have no boundaries. "We open everything to everybody and I think there shall not be any discrimination against any human beings be it on this side or that side, be it left, right or whatever. "If they want to watch a match somewhere in Qatar 2022, I'm sure they will be admitted to such matches." Blatter says even if there are problems, there is still plenty of time to sort out any issues. "I think there is too much concern for a competition that will be done only in 12 years," he added. "But this gives me the opportunity to say that in Fifa, and this is in the statutes of Fifa, whether it is in politics, whether it is in religion, we don't want racism, and we know what this means, and neither do we want discrimination. "What we want is just to open this game to everybody and open it to all cultures and this is what we are doing in 2022."
    Don't get gay in Qatar. _50416508_amaechi Amaechi was the first NBA star to reveal that he was gay

But Amaechi did not see the funny side of Blatter's "refrain from any sexual activities" comments, telling his official website: "The statements and the position adopted by Sepp Blatter and Fifa regarding LGBT fans who would pay the enormous ticket and travel prices to attend the World Cup in 2022 should have been wholly unacceptable a decade ago. "Instead, with little more than an afterthought Fifa has endorsed the marginalisation of LGBT people around the world. "Anything less than a full reversal of his position is unacceptable and if the FA and football and sporting associations around the world fail to acknowledge this insult, they too will be complicit. "If sport cannot serve to change society, even temporarily during the duration of an event like the World Cup that invites the world to participate, then it is little more than grown men chasing a ball and we should treat it as such." Blatter, who was visiting South Africa - the hosts of the 2010 tournament, insisted money had no part in taking the competition to new parts of the world. Russia won the right to host the 2018 competition. "This is development of football and don't speak about money," said Blatter. "This has nothing to do with money as it had nothing to [do with it] with Africa. "It is the development of the game. We have to take to places where it can improve and have a social and cultural impact. And it's what we did here in Africa."

Laughing
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Don't get gay in Qatar. Empty Re: Don't get gay in Qatar.

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:22 pm

There's all kinds of underground gayness going on in the Persian Gulf emirates Don't get gay in Qatar. 599439

Don't ask me how I know that Don't get gay in Qatar. 279869
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:26 pm

You probably started it all.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:26 pm

I take it you aren't going now Ryan?

I love the way the picture makes it look like a big golden Dildo or Cock which Blatter wants to absolutely savage.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 pm

I definitely didn't start, but I ain't doing anything to stop it. Don't get gay in Qatar. 881856

Any other questions posed to me on this matter must be presented through my attorney. eek
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 pm

Nightmare wrote:I take it you aren't going now Ryan?

I love the way the picture makes it look like a big golden Dildo or Cock which Blatter wants to absolutely savage.

I weren't going anyway, so don't get your hopes up.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:31 pm

Ryan wrote:
    Nightmare wrote:I take it you aren't going now Ryan?

I weren't going anyway, so don't get your hopes up.

I thought we could go together and hold hands.

Nah not really that would be gay.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:31 pm

John Amaechi not worthy
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Bear wrote:John Amaechi not worthy

You would like him.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Nightmare wrote:

You would like him.

Heart
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:41 pm

Bear wrote:
    Nightmare wrote:

You would like him.

Heart

You gay bear. lol
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:48 pm

Don't get gay in Qatar. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_EA202SmFzaSlEoymTojXs0qXC04Wzz6NGtdooHx6TpSI5qrU
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:54 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:Don't get gay in Qatar. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_EA202SmFzaSlEoymTojXs0qXC04Wzz6NGtdooHx6TpSI5qrU

gay
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:28 am

That rules out any chance of seeing Brighton fans then...
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:31 am

Poor kyro
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:07 am

Oh no, I'm not going now Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:09 am

What happens in Qatar prisons then?

Do they rape women?
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:16 am

Why wouldn't they rape the other men? You think they think to themselves "ordinarily, I would ass rape that guy. But homosexuality is illegal here. So I better refrain" Neutral

I'm pretty sure ass rape is beyond the legal threshhold in the first place, whether it's gay or straight. Smile
    masutora
    masutora

Supports : Yes

Post by masutora Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:42 am

Oh noes. What am I ever to do now?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:45 am

forestfcfan (Tue 14 Dec 2010 - 18:09) wrote:What happens in Qatar prisons then?

Do they rape women?

No, they get stoned to death.. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:46 am

Somebody tell me what the fuck that is in the middle?
    Don't get gay in Qatar. _50414393_blatter_worldcup
    Look at the fucking mouth on him/it/her. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:47 am

Also some good news for Qatar.. at least when the world cup is finished they'll have some cracking stadiums to stone women in. Neutral
    masutora
    masutora

Supports : Yes

Post by masutora Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:26 am

I wouldn't be surprised if that thing is the female version of the Sheik. Also known as a Sheika, they are rare in this world.

"Oh no you didn't"
    Don't get gay in Qatar. 3286641063_c11636cf06

"Who the fuck stuck me between these old beggars?"
    Don't get gay in Qatar. Prince+Philip+Sheikha+Mozah+Qatar+State+Visit+cYZp_tf1uCrl

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:20 am