Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Free_Mustache_Rides
Stranger
The Zlatan
vel
Ra's al Ghul
Scott_LFC
Scuba Steve
Grenade
Zzonked
SBSP
RessurectionRooney
15 posters

Summer Transfers 2015

Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Summer Transfers 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer Transfers 2015

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:28 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:Summer Transfers 2015 - Page 4 Ec45d095dcde568d8b1c0db06c053cb5

Williamson being poor with the ball at his feet is such a common misconception. His posture and general lankiness makes his movement look so awkward but actually his ball control is fine, if not better than any of our other central defender's ball control. 

That's an epic fail of trying to debunk it Laughing Williamson is a tidy player on the ball when it comes to dribbling, surely you know that? His passing percentage leaves a lot to be desired, though. Sakho has good ball control and good passing stats aka he's not the donkey everyone thinks he is.
    No it isn't, Williamson is a donkey. rofl
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:29 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Just seen the stats you're using to compare them rofl
    You guys are trying too hard Laughing It's clear you haven't really watched Sakho that much and are just going along with the ignorant narrative/misconception that he's poor on the ball based on his uncomfortable looking gait.
    Oh well, at least he contributed to this:

rofl rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:32 am

I watched that video you posted of you getting smoked 4-1 that you used to prove how good one of your defenders is.  Apart from giving away a stupid free kick that put you 2-0 down he wasn't that good.  His weighting of a pass was very poor, it got to where it was supposed to go but the receiving player frequently needed two or three touches to control it.    His intelligence was also very low, he tried to dribble past a player early on and got tackled which almost lead to a goal and he constantly passed to players who were under pressure.

If you think that was an example of good defending or a good match from him you do not understand football.

EDIT: Just noticed the above video. That's another great example of poor decision making and another example of a poorly weighted pass. It's no wonder you're conceding about 50 goals a season in the league alone relying on chumps like him.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:37 am

Keyser Söze wrote:I was talking about the other stats. But even if we take the 1st three, are you honestly saying Sakho is better on the ball than Terry, Pique and Silva?

The stats back it up. I've never seen Terry as being someone good on the ball. A great defender, yeah, but good on the ball? Nah. Haven't really watched Pique or Silva as much as Sakho, so I can't make an honest judgement there. I'd assume they're better than Sakho, but Sakho has less games, which might skew it ever so slightly. Pique, from what I've seen, attempts more dribbles then most defenders, so I presume that has an effect too? Perhaps the same could be said for Silva? I don't know.

You're missing the point anyway. I'm not saying Sakho is better than all these players. I'm merely addressing the misconception that he's poor on the ball. Players that are poor on the ball don't get the stats he does. Fact.

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

That's an epic fail of trying to debunk it Laughing Williamson is a tidy player on the ball when it comes to dribbling, surely you know that? His passing percentage leaves a lot to be desired, though. Sakho has good ball control and good passing stats aka he's not the donkey everyone thinks he is.
    No it isn't, Williamson is a donkey. rofl

Surprise surprise. More ignorant nonsense.

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:
    You guys are trying too hard Laughing It's clear you haven't really watched Sakho that much and are just going along with the ignorant narrative/misconception that he's poor on the ball based on his uncomfortable looking gait.
    Oh well, at least he contributed to this:

rofl rofl

Now I know you're full of shit.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:41 am

Oh great, now you're going to try and defend Williamson and pretend that he's a good player to try and defend Sakho. rofl rofl 

Nah, you're full of shit if I'm to believe RR (Which I do) about that Sakho v Arsenal video you must've just hoped nobody would actually watch it.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:43 am

Theo Filippo wrote:Oh great, now you're going to try and defend Williamson and pretend that he's a good player to try and defend Sakho. rofl rofl 

Nah, you're full of shit if I'm to believe RR (Which I do) about that Sakho v Arsenal video you must've just hoped nobody would actually watch it.

Williamson isn't a great defender overall, but that doesn't mean he's not decent with the ball at his feet, which he is. You're missing the point entirely.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:48 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:I was talking about the other stats. But even if we take the 1st three, are you honestly saying Sakho is better on the ball than Terry, Pique and Silva?

The stats back it up. I've never seen Terry as being someone good on the ball. A great defender, yeah, but good on the ball? Nah. Haven't really watched Pique or Silva as much as Sakho, so I can't make an honest judgement there. I'd assume they're better than Sakho, but Sakho has less games, which might skew it ever so slightly. Pique, from what I've seen, attempts more dribbles then most defenders, so I presume that has an effect too? Perhaps the same could be said for Silva? I don't know.  

You're missing the point anyway. I'm not saying Sakho is better than all these players.

But you're using Squawka and that's what those stats show. You've basically admitted those stats a shite.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:48 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I watched that video you posted of you getting smoked 4-1 that you used to prove how good one of your defenders is.  Apart from giving away a stupid free kick that put you 2-0 down he wasn't that good.  His weighting of a pass was very poor, it got to where it was supposed to go but the receiving player frequently needed two or three touches to control it.    His intelligence was also very low, he tried to dribble past a player early on and got tackled which almost lead to a goal and he constantly passed to players who were under pressure.

If you think that was an example of good defending or a good match from him you do not understand football.

EDIT: Just noticed the above video.  That's another great example of poor decision making and another example of a poorly weighted pass.  It's no wonder you're conceding about 50 goals a season in the league alone relying on chumps like him.

rofl

What a load of absolute shit.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:51 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

You're missing the point anyway. I'm not saying Sakho is better than all these players.

But you're using Squawka and that's what those stats show. You've basically admitted those stats a shite.

I said they could be slightly skewed due to the style of football Pique and Silva play and the fact Sakho has played less games (although the per 90 minutes version should mean that the games played doesn't make a difference).

The stats still clearly show that Sakho is in fact good on the ball.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:58 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:Oh great, now you're going to try and defend Williamson and pretend that he's a good player to try and defend Sakho. rofl rofl 

Williamson isn't a great defender overall, but that doesn't mean he's not decent with the ball at his feet, which he is. You're missing the point entirely.
    Liverpool should buy him to replace Sakho then. Smile
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:02 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I watched that video you posted of you getting smoked 4-1 that you used to prove how good one of your defenders is.  Apart from giving away a stupid free kick that put you 2-0 down he wasn't that good.  His weighting of a pass was very poor, it got to where it was supposed to go but the receiving player frequently needed two or three touches to control it.    His intelligence was also very low, he tried to dribble past a player early on and got tackled which almost lead to a goal and he constantly passed to players who were under pressure.

EDIT: Just noticed the above video.  That's another great example of poor decision making and another example of a poorly weighted pass.  It's no wonder you're conceding about 50 goals a season in the league alone relying on chumps like him.

rofl

`

Be honest, have you watched the video?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:10 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

I said they could be slightly skewed due to the style of football Pique and Silva play and the fact Sakho has played less games (although the per 90 minutes version should mean that the games played doesn't make a difference).

Again, do you think Sakho is better on the ball then Pique and Silva, because that's what the stats "clearly show".
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:15 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Liverpool should buy him to replace Sakho then. Smile

Retard.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

rofl

`

Be honest, have you watched the video?

Of course I have.

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Again, do you think Sakho is better on the ball then Pique and Silva, because that's what the stats "clearly show".

Are you fucking retarded? I've already elaborated.

Pique and Silva, from what I've seen, are much more attack minded footballers who probably attempt dribbles less conservatively than Sakho, hence their stats are probably a little skewed. They take more risks. Hell, I've seen Pique dribbling in the opponent's penalty area. You won't find Sakho doing that.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:29 am

You've just proven why you're the fucking spack rofl What you've described is context. Without context stats are worthless. You get context from watching them play. Watch Sakho play you'll see he's not good on the ball, regardless of what Squawka says.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:45 am

Keyser Söze wrote:You've just proven why you're the fucking spack rofl What you've described is context. Without context stats are worthless. You get context from watching them play.  Watch Sakho play you'll see he's not good on the ball, regardless of what Squawka says.  

I watch every single game he plays in, you spastic.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:51 am

Shut you right up rofl Next time don't use Squawka to back up a moronic opinion as a "fact".
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:56 am

Shut me right up? rofl You just said watch Sakho play and I've told you that I watch every game he plays in. scratch

My opinion on Sakho wasn't formed on stats. It was formed on watching him play, you imbecile. Stats merely back it up.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:12 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/17/manchester-city-increased-offer-raheem-sterling-liverpool?CMP=share_btn_tw

We're rejecting £40 million now Laughing For a 20 year old rofl Crazy. Apparently still won't budge on our £50 million valuation.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:06 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Grenade wrote:

I understand that Sakho is pretty good for France, but how could you call him a great player for Liverpool when he hasn't really ever put in a great performance for you? Highly error prone and one of the worst cb's I've seen in the PL with the ball at his feet. Markovic has potential but nowhere near good enough to be playing regularly for a so called club challenging for the top 4.

You said yourself that he's good for France, so surely that means he's capable of putting in good performances when surrounded by better players? It doesn't help that we've been playing Gerrard in DM for the past 2 years.

Sakho being poor with the ball at his feet is such a common misconception. His posture and general lankiness makes his movement look so awkward but actually his ball control is fine, if not better than any of our other central defender's ball control. He's put in several good performances for us, including the away game against Arsenal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSrtYGgR-o8

(Actually watch the whole video before passing judgement on it. I know what the score was).

With the help of a proper DM, Sakho and Skrtel are more than capable of being a top 4 quality CB partnership.

As for Markovic, I think he's good enough to be playing regularly for a team challenging the top 4. He was played as a wing back for the majority of last season. In his natural position, he had some good games and with a run of games in his natural position (potentially replacing Sterling next season) I'm sure he'll show people what he can do.

In all honesty I didn't seen Sakho play much last season, but I remember the Arsenal away game very well and he was fucking awful in that game. If that's the best example you could come up with him being good for Liverpool then fuck off Laughing
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:24 am

I don't really understand Sakho.  I think he's a decent defender, probably our best defender, and he is adventurous with the ball, but he has 5 minute phases in almost every game where he starts to play like a moron.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:43 am

Glen Miller wrote:I don't really understand Sakho.  I think he's a decent defender, probably our best defender, and he is adventurous with the ball, but he has 5 minute phases in almost every game where he starts to play like a moron.

He needs a more stable defence around him to iron out these things. I think he's one of the better defenders in the league.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:45 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:I don't really understand Sakho.  I think he's a decent defender, probably our best defender, and he is adventurous with the ball, but he has 5 minute phases in almost every game where he starts to play like a moron.

He needs a more stable defence around him to iron out these things. I think he's one of the better defenders in the league.

clap
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:12 am

Since he came back from injury after the 3-0 lose to United he has been playing in stable defence. Him Skrtel and Can whenever he's played bar ~2 games where Toure came in for Skrtel.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:14 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Since he came back from injury after the 3-0 lose to United he has been playing in stable defence. Him Skrtel and Can whenever he's played bar ~2 games where Toure came in for Skrtel.  

Which resulted in our best run of games during the entire campaign. 13 games undefeated, until United beat us 2-1.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:24 am

What's you point? Sakho still had brain farts during that run.

By your logic because you beat Spurs 3-2 during that run it must mean Sakho played well. No. He did this:

http://gfycat.com/DisfiguredPertinentChamois

Laughing

Bar the 1st 2-3 games of the season, that run of games were the only time Sakho played in the PL this season, so anyone saying he's shite or has bad moments is basing it off that run.

Last edited by Keyser Söze on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:26 am

Keyser Söze wrote:What's you point? Sakho still had brain farts during that run.

By your logic because you beat Spurs 3-2 during that run it must mean Sakho played well. No. He did this:

http://gfycat.com/DisfiguredPertinentChamois

Laughing
    Excellent defending. Took one for the team.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:27 am

there there
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:27 am

That was a good foul tbf fair. 

I agree with Ra's.  Sakho is the last player we should be blaming for our defensive troubles, we have had so many morons playing in defense this year and he is the only one besides Can to come out respectably.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:30 am

Glen Miller wrote:That was a good foul tbf fair. 

I agree with Ra's.  Sakho is the last player we should be blaming for our defensive troubles, we have had so many morons playing in defense this year and he is the only one besides Can to come out respectably.

Exactly, although I think Skrtel has been good too, considering.

Keyser Söze wrote:there there

Lol running out of bullshit reasonings as to why Sakho isn't good.

Summer Transfers 2015 - Page 4 Yt3TSRY

Summer Transfers 2015 - Page 4 13814143768265

Summer Transfers 2015 - Page 4 G8S6vyU
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:35 am

Summer Transfers 2015 - Page 4 MindlessSmugAss

Sakho ruining 2 Arsenal players with his ball control. not worthy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 3:18 am