Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Free_Mustache_Rides
Stranger
The Zlatan
vel
Ra's al Ghul
Scott_LFC
Scuba Steve
Grenade
Zzonked
SBSP
RessurectionRooney
15 posters

Summer Transfers 2015

Scott_LFC

Summer Transfers 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Transfers 2015

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:15 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

They raped everyone, not just Milner, you utter simpleton.

I was talking about in the PL.

Of course every team is gonna get well beaten from time to time. Remember when we raped you 5-1?

Barcelona molested City. Milner was raped by Messi.

No I don't, probably too long ago. I do remember when we violated you 4-1 two months ago Smile

Who doesn't get raped by Messi? He raped your whole team once.

Okay, it appears you suffer from memory loss, I'll point to something more recent, then. Arsenal 1-3 Monaco.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:24 am

You said he doesn't go missing in big games, I was agreeing with you. He'll never be forgotten for his part in Manchester City's biggest game this season.

Are we going to have a tit for tat of defeats this season? Because if we are I think a team that got to the CL last 16, finished 3rd and won an FA Cup is going to beat a team that finished 6th, didn't even get past the CL group stage and won absolutely nothing Laughing

edit: Also, Theo was laughing at the fact you never mentioned Milner during that Liverpool-City yet as soon as you sign him it's suddenly ingrained  in your memory rofl I really think you should stop talking up Liverpool transfers considering how shite Aspas, Luis Alberto, Mignolet, Sakho, Moreno, Manquillo, Lovren, Marković, Lambert and Balotelli have been after you heaped praise on them.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:27 am

Keyser Söze wrote:You said he doesn't go missing in big games, I was agreeing with you. He'll never be forgotten for his part in Manchester City's biggest game this season.

Are we going to have a tit for tat of defeats this season? Because if we are I think a team that got to the CL last 16, finished 3rd and won an FA Cup is going to beat a team that finished 6th, didn't even get past the CL group stage and won absolutely nothing Laughing

edit: Also, Theo was laughing at the fact you never mentioned Milner during that Liverpool-City yet as soon as you sign him it's suddenly ingrained  in your memory rofl I really think you should stop talking up Liverpool transfers considering how shite Aspas, Luis Alberto, Mignolet, Sakho, Moreno, Manquillo, Lovren, Marković, Lambert and Balotelli have been after you heaped praise on them.

Tit for tat? You started that, as I was only bringing up the 5-1 as an example that good teams get beaten well every now and then, then you decided to bring up Arsenal beating us? Which isn't really relevant. We're not exactly a good team right now. Stoke beat us 6-1.

Of course I didn't mention Milner at the time. I was far too distracted by the fact we won such an important game. Obviously my focus was on that.

We've already discussed Aspas, I posted quotes of mine (at the time we were linked with him) saying that I didn't rate him. Here are some again, to remind you:

Scott M wrote:Got a feeling that Aspas will be very underwhelming, but I'm hoping for the opposite.

Glen wrote:I don't really see what unique qualities he will offer to the team, but 7 million for a hardworking player with Spanish blood in him is fairly risk-free.

I replied with:

Scott M wrote:Same. He doesn't look particularly good in his YouTube compilations, which are known for making a player look better than he really is, which is worrying.

He's been compared to Bellamy and is apparently better than him too, so, fingers crossed that he does well here.

I would have preferred a player with better technique.

Hoping we sign Mkhitaryan or Eriksen.

I won't be too displeased about the Aspas deal if we do actually sign Luis Alberto too.

What a heap of praise! rofl

Alberto didn't get enough chances, he looked good whenever he played. I was always calling for him to start more. His assist for Suarez against Spurs was beautiful. I don't really recall heaping praise on Mignolet, but he's been okay. Had some bad streaks, but also had some near unstoppable streaks. Nearly won the Golden Glove this season, which is impressive, when you think about how bad our defence has been. Manquillo looked solid whenever we played him but he lost his place in the team when we switched to 3 at the back. Sakho is a great player, what are you talking about? Just a bit injury prone. Balotelli hasn't been used right at all, Rodgers has been pathetic when it comes to him. Whenever he put in a good performance, he'd be dropped the next game rofl. Never had a proper run of games whilst we were playing well. I still think Markovic is a good player and really hope we don't sell him. Moreno wasn't as "ready" as I thought he would be, but I still think he will do a good job here and will probably be our starting left back for the foreseeable future.

I'll give you Lovren and Lambert.

You're also ignoring that I've criticised the fact we're after Ings and Benteke, so it's not like I suddenly praise anyone who's linked with us. Fuck off with that lazy theory.

Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Well we've signed Ings, subject to him passing his medical. 

Feel like giving up on football.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:24 pm

You'll be up his arse in no time.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:36 am

Ings is probably the 50th "just a squad player" we have signed in the past 3 years.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:41 am

Keyser Söze wrote:You'll be up his arse in no time.

Unless her turns into a 20 goal striker, no.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:52 am

People keep saying Ings was a free transfer, but Burnley will get compensation. City ended up with about £9m for sturridge by tribunal, ings could be something similar. It's not huge, but not free. Don't think it's an awful signing though, he'll retain most of his value even if he does shit. He might turn out okay though and he scored more than any Liverpool strikers last year so might help you a bit. Still need to try for a couple of flashier signings though. Take a risk on someone maybe. Milner and ings won't get top 4 alone.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:23 am

Sami Khedira has gone to Juve, put's that Milner transfer into perspective. Smile

https://www.facebook.com/SPORTbible/videos/1653253758153483/
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:05 am

Zzonked wrote:People keep saying Ings was a free transfer, but Burnley will get compensation. City ended up with about £9m for sturridge by tribunal, ings could be something similar. It's not huge, but not free. Don't think it's an awful signing though, he'll retain most of his value even if he does shit. He might turn out okay though and he scored more than any Liverpool strikers last year so might help you a bit. Still need to try for a couple of flashier signings though. Take a risk on someone maybe. Milner and ings won't get top 4 alone.

RAWK seems 50/50 on Ings. I'm obviously on the side which thinks it is a stupid transfer. I also mentioned that he's not free to that Liverpool fan who used to post on here and looks like Joe Allen

Scott MacDougall ‏@SMacDougall_  Jun 8
    @EitizenCrased Except we're paying a fee and he's probably no better than Borini.

Pisses me off whenever people are like "but he's on a free, though". No, we're paying money for this piece of shit.

Theo Filippo wrote:Sami Khedira has gone to Juve, put's that Milner transfer into perspective. Smile

https://www.facebook.com/SPORTbible/videos/1653253758153483/

And you have the cheek to say "that logic" to me?

Juventus are Serie A winners, domestic Cup winners and CL finalists. Of course they're going to sign better players.

Unless you're actually meaning to say that it puts where we are as a Club, into perspective? (which would be right).

If not, then that's just a weird thing to say.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:01 am

Looks like Jackson Martinez to AC Milan for €35million rofl Thank God we dodged that bullet. Serie A isn't much better than the Primeira Liga so he should fit in well.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:34 am

That's a lot of money for a 29 year old.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:14 am

m8 he's 28.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:02 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Alberto didn't get enough chances, he looked good whenever he played. I was always calling for him to start more. His assist for Suarez against Spurs was beautiful. I don't really recall heaping praise on Mignolet, but he's been okay. Had some bad streaks, but also had some near unstoppable streaks. Nearly won the Golden Glove this season, which is impressive, when you think about how bad our defence has been. Manquillo looked solid whenever we played him but he lost his place in the team when we switched to 3 at the back. Sakho is a great player, what are you talking about? Just a bit injury prone. Balotelli hasn't been used right at all, Rodgers has been pathetic when it comes to him. Whenever he put in a good performance, he'd be dropped the next game rofl. Never had a proper run of games whilst we were playing well. I still think Markovic is a good player and really hope we don't sell him. Moreno wasn't as "ready" as I thought he would be, but I still think he will do a good job here and will probably be our starting left back for the foreseeable future.

I understand that Sakho is pretty good for France, but how could you call him a great player for Liverpool when he hasn't really ever put in a great performance for you? Highly error prone and one of the worst cb's I've seen in the PL with the ball at his feet. Markovic has potential but nowhere near good enough to be playing regularly for a so called club challenging for the top 4.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:35 pm

Grenade wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

I understand that Sakho is pretty good for France, but how could you call him a great player for Liverpool when he hasn't really ever put in a great performance for you? Highly error prone and one of the worst cb's I've seen in the PL with the ball at his feet. Markovic has potential but nowhere near good enough to be playing regularly for a so called club challenging for the top 4.

You said yourself that he's good for France, so surely that means he's capable of putting in good performances when surrounded by better players? It doesn't help that we've been playing Gerrard in DM for the past 2 years.

Sakho being poor with the ball at his feet is such a common misconception. His posture and general lankiness makes his movement look so awkward but actually his ball control is fine, if not better than any of our other central defender's ball control. He's put in several good performances for us, including the away game against Arsenal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSrtYGgR-o8

(Actually watch the whole video before passing judgement on it. I know what the score was).

With the help of a proper DM, Sakho and Skrtel are more than capable of being a top 4 quality CB partnership.

As for Markovic, I think he's good enough to be playing regularly for a team challenging the top 4. He was played as a wing back for the majority of last season. In his natural position, he had some good games and with a run of games in his natural position (potentially replacing Sterling next season) I'm sure he'll show people what he can do.

Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:59 am

Good is bit of an exaggeration, they've lost like the last 5 times he's started. Laughing
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:43 am

Theo Filippo wrote:Good is bit of an exaggeration, they've lost like the last 5 times he's started. Laughing

Do you like making up bullshit to back up your claims? Laughing

Last 10 times he's started:

2015 - France 1-3 Brazil.
    2014 - France 1-0 Spain.
    2014 - France 0-1 Germany.
    2014 - France 0-0 Equador.
    2014 - Switzerland 2-5 France.
    2014 - France 3-0 Honduras.
    2014 - France 8-0 Jamaica

2014 - France 1-1 Paraguay
    2014 - France 4-0 Norway
    2013 - France 3-0 Ukraine (scored 2)

W6 D2 L2

Note that the 2 losses are against fucking Brazil and Germany. Hardly shameful.

In fact, I had a brief look at Koscielny's last 10 and his record was similar, if not slightly worse. I guess that means the term "good" for him is an exaggeration too?

However, if you're talking about for Liverpool, then you can hardly blame it on him. We can't defend. We could be starting the best CB in the world and we'd probably still lose plenty of games.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:03 am

I didn't care enough to make sure it was 100% accurate but while on the topic of bullshit you missed out their defeat to Albania in which Sakho starred in the other day which makes it 3 defeats in the last 5, hardly good. 

Only difference with Koscielny is that he actually performs for his club regardless of the players around him. Smile
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:22 am

Theo Filippo wrote:I didn't care enough to make sure it was 100% accurate but while on the topic of bullshit you missed out their defeat to Albania in which Sakho starred in the other day which makes it 3 defeats in the last 5, hardly good. 

Only difference with Koscielny is that he actually performs for his club regardless of the players around him. Smile

Your claim that he lost "the last 5 games he's started in" is worlds away from the fact he's only lost 3 of the last 11 games he's started in, so it was a pretty crap thing to say.

Not sure how I missed the Albania game. I went back to the site I used and it is there, so I apologise. It wasn't done on purpose. But okay, that's another loss but his record is still good overall. 3 Losses since 2013 and two of them were against Germany and Spain, where you aren't expected to win anyway.

As for your second point, Sakho performs for Liverpool too. His individual stats reflect that. Sure, he makes the odd cock-up, but so does Koscielny who tends to give away stupid penalties.

Summer Transfers 2015 - Page 3 KxyvNOX

Even Skrtel > Koscielny.

So much for Sakho being poor on the ball or poor at defending.

Just goes to show how much of a misconception it is Laughing
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:50 am

Using squawka and it comes up that he has better "stats" than Thiago Silva, Terry and Pique. It's fucking worthless. Actually watch all 3 play and Sakho is light years behind them.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:57 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Using squawka and it comes up that he has better "stats" than Thiago Silva, Terry and Pique. It's fucking worthless. Actually watch all 3 play and Sakho is light years behind them.

Summer Transfers 2015 - Page 3 MZUBXMP

Sakho only got the the top score in one department.

The main point I wanted to prove was that the fact he's poor on the ball is a misconception. His passing stats and successful take ons stats (dribbling past a player) clearly show that.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:59 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:I didn't care enough to make sure it was 100% accurate but while on the topic of bullshit you missed out their defeat to Albania in which Sakho starred in the other day which makes it 3 defeats in the last 5, hardly good. 

Your claim that he lost "the last 5 games he's started in" is worlds away from the fact he's only lost 3 of the last 11 games he's started in, so it was a pretty crap thing to say.

Not sure how I missed the Albania game. I went back to the site I used and it is there, so I apologise. It wasn't done on purpose. But okay, that's another loss but his record is still good overall. 3 Losses since 2013 and two of them were against Germany and Spain, where you aren't expected to win anyway.

As for your second point, Sakho performs for Liverpool too. His individual stats reflect that. Sure, he makes the odd cock-up, but so does Koscielny who tends to give away stupid penalties.

I'm not sure why you keep mentioning the last 11 games I don't care if Sakho was good or not in 2013. He's lost 3 of the last 5, that's pretty close for a estimated figure that I didn't give much thought. 

Sakho hasn't performed well by your own admissions as a result of Gerrard being at DM, Koscielny does well regardless of who is playing infront of him occasionally the referee makes an incorrect decision, yes. I don't see which stats prove that Sakho is good on the ball there. Skrtel is definitely better at getting 'stuck in' and being a thug for sure but watch them play and we all know who the superior defender is.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:02 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Using squawka and it comes up that he has better "stats" than Thiago Silva, Terry and Pique. It's fucking worthless. Actually watch all 3 play and Sakho is light years behind them.

loool, use per 90 mins you fucking noob rofl
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:03 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

I'm not sure why you keep mentioning the last 11 games I don't care if Sakho was good or not in 2013. He's lost 3 of the last 5, that's pretty close for a estimated figure that I didn't give much thought. 

Sakho hasn't performed well by your own admissions as a result of Gerrard being at DM, Koscielny does well regardless of who is playing infront of him occasionally the referee makes an incorrect decision, yes. I don't see which stats prove that Sakho is good on the ball there. Skrtel is definitely better at getting 'stuck in' and being a thug for sure but watch them play and we all know who the superior defender is.

I never said Sakho hasn't performed well. He's just left so exposed by Gerrard being DM. Like I said, put any CB in the world in the current Liverpool set up and he'll lose a good few games. Individually, he's performed well.

Pass completion percentage and successful take ons percentage, obviously.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:09 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

loool, use per 90 mins you fucking noob rofl

Summer Transfers 2015 - Page 3 BehZtd8

Wow such a huge difference.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:11 am

Summer Transfers 2015 - Page 3 Ec45d095dcde568d8b1c0db06c053cb5

Williamson being poor with the ball at his feet is such a common misconception. His posture and general lankiness makes his movement look so awkward but actually his ball control is fine, if not better than any of our other central defender's ball control. 
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:15 am

Theo Filippo wrote:Summer Transfers 2015 - Page 3 Ec45d095dcde568d8b1c0db06c053cb5

Williamson being poor with the ball at his feet is such a common misconception. His posture and general lankiness makes his movement look so awkward but actually his ball control is fine, if not better than any of our other central defender's ball control. 

That's an epic fail of trying to debunk it Laughing Williamson is a tidy player on the ball when it comes to dribbling, surely you know that? His passing percentage leaves a lot to be desired, though. Sakho has good ball control and good passing stats aka he's not the donkey everyone thinks he is.

Last edited by Scott_LFC on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:16 am

Just seen the stats you're using to compare them rofl
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:19 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Just seen the stats you're using to compare them rofl

What's wrong with them? The pass completion, key passes and take ons were mainly to address the misconception that he's poor on the ball.

The others were just general defensive percentages I could see.

You guys are trying too hard Laughing It's clear you haven't really watched Sakho that much and are just going along with the ignorant narrative/misconception that he's poor on the ball based on his uncomfortable looking gait.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:26 am

I was talking about the other stats. But even if we take the 1st three, are you honestly saying Sakho is better on the ball than Terry, Pique and Silva?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:36 pm