Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Free_Mustache_Rides
Stranger
The Zlatan
vel
Ra's al Ghul
Scott_LFC
Scuba Steve
Grenade
Zzonked
SBSP
RessurectionRooney
15 posters

Summer Transfers 2015

Scott_LFC

Summer Transfers 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Summer Transfers 2015

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:06 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

I'm not using it as a stick to beat people with, actually. People are using it as a stick to beat me with.

I still think renting is retarded, but I'll be honest. The plan was always going to be to rent my own place as soon as I got a job, but my girlfriend at the time was an Estate Agent and she convinced me not to with several compelling reasons. (She had her own fucking house at 21 years old and knew what she was talking about).

The world most people live in? Pretty sure the majority of people on this forum could have chosen to stay at home, if they so wished. Most of my friends either still live at home or own a property (albeit some of them shared ownership). And no, I don't only have rich friends.

What's wrong with the image? It shows that I pay out £50 to my Mother on a weekly basis.

No they aren't, someone (Vela?) had a pop at your degree mill University and then you came out swinging at everyone who quote you.

I reckon the majority of people on this forum do still live at home where they can, and most of your friends live at home or own a property, and that's the point.  That's what almost everyone does when they have a choice.  With one exception everyone I know who has moved out has done it because they had to for their career, moved into an owned property, or done it because they have started a family.  People don't decide to put hundreds of pounds into a landlord's pocket every week because they think it would be fun.

It shows fuck all, let's be serious.  When you said you'd show me a bank statement I was expecting a photograph of a bank statement, not a webpage that you've massacred in Paint.

Scott_LFC wrote:It appears that a lot of you don't know how lucrative jobs in advertising are scratch

If they're so lucrative they'll be in high demand, if they're in high demand a 2:2 from one of the worst universities in the country isn't getting you one of them.

Keyser Söze wrote:I think the point Ra's made was that you could have studied something harder and more useful and even if you'd flopped it wouldn't have impacted you unlike someone that didn't have their parents to help them out.

Lol starting a family is a choice, unless you're retarded enough to not use protection. Choosing a career that requires for you to move away is also mostly a choice. I job-hunted locally. Fair enough, if there weren't any decent jobs locally, I probably would have moved, but I purposely looked locally, even though it takes longer to get a job that way. Going to a Uni far away from home is also a choice.

Well first off, you don't know what Degree I actually got. And secondly, I got a pretty decent job in the end, so.. yeah.

That image is a screenshot of one of my bank statements with all the irrelevant stuff covered up. It shows that I pay £50 a week to my Mum's account, which is what you wanted. What else do you need to fucking see? Christ.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:07 am

Keyser Söze wrote:I think the point Ra's made was that you could have studied something harder and more useful and even if you'd flopped it wouldn't have impacted you unlike someone that didn't have their parents to help them out.

True, but it's a choice I made to stay local. If I flopped my degree, I wouldn't have gotten the jobs that I did, so yeah, it would have impacted me.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:00 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Summer Transfers 2015 - Page 9 MindlessSmugAss

Sakho ruining 2 Arsenal players with his ball control. not worthy

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Grenade wrote:

He performed a pointless bit of skill in a very dangerous area with 3 Arsenal players pressing your back line. I'd be pretty angry if one of our centrebacks did something like that when we were 3-1 down.

Tell me what else he could have done? If he didn't do that skill, he most likely would have been dispossessed by the onrushing Arsenal player.
    Well for one it would've been safer to pass it back to the keeper or hoof it up rather than dribbling his way out of trouble from that position.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:03 am

Grenade wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:Summer Transfers 2015 - Page 9 MindlessSmugAss

Sakho ruining 2 Arsenal players with his ball control. not worthy

Scott_LFC wrote:

Tell me what else he could have done? If he didn't do that skill, he most likely would have been dispossessed by the onrushing Arsenal player.
    Well for one it would've been safer to pass it back to the keeper or hoof it up rather than dribbling his way out of trouble from that position.

Exactly, shield it and pass it back sensibly instead of risking giving away another goal.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:16 am

Yeah well he's so good on the ball that a simple piece of skill will do Smile
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:18 am

Summer Transfers 2015 - Page 9 10237f4315909b602cdba59eeb128f62

Even if he was Messi on the ball, he's still a shit defender. I honestly expected him to become one of the best centrebacks in the world but everything points towards him being a bit of a donkey at the moment.
    Free_Mustache_Rides

Post by Free_Mustache_Rides Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:53 am

Gignac signed for Liga Mx's Tigres UANL. No way I thought this was going to happen. Also, less noteworthy but still pretty cool. They signed Villareal's Uche also.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:40 am

Liverpool target Simon Kjaer rejects Anfield - because he wants trophies

Denmark international defender says he preferred a move to Fenerbahce over a possible switch to Anfield.

Liverpool have missed out on signing Denmark international Simon Kjaer - after he decided he wanted to play for a club that can win titles.

Kjaer, 26, has decided to join Turkish club Fenerbahce, where he signed a four-year contract on Wednesday.

Kjaer's family are Liverpool supporters and he claimed there was genuine interest from the club in signing him, but said the prospect of winning silverware in Turkey was too strong a temptation.

"It's not a secret that my family are Liverpool fans, and a move to Liverpool would make my family happy.

"Liverpool wanted me, but I want championships, I want to win trophies. Fenerbahce's goals this season are big, and it was explained to me very well."
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:40 am

Pirlo spotted in NYC. NYCFC would be the team he'd sign for.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:55 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Liverpool target Simon Kjaer rejects Anfield - because he wants trophies

Denmark international defender says he preferred a move to Fenerbahce over a possible switch to Anfield.

Liverpool have missed out on signing Denmark international Simon Kjaer - after he decided he wanted to play for a club that can win titles.

Kjaer, 26, has decided to join Turkish club Fenerbahce, where he signed a four-year contract on Wednesday.

Kjaer's family are Liverpool supporters and he claimed there was genuine interest from the club in signing him, but said the prospect of winning silverware in Turkey was too strong a temptation.

"It's not a secret that my family are Liverpool fans, and a move to Liverpool would make my family happy.

"Liverpool wanted me, but I want championships, I want to win trophies. Fenerbahce's goals this season are big, and it was explained to me very well."

Lars Hendel ‏@HendelSPORT 1h1 hour ago

@Sport_Witness I can confirm that. Simon never mentioned Liverpool.

Lars Hendel ‏@HendelSPORT 1h1 hour ago

Thank you, @neiljonesecho and @LivEchoLFC for removing the story. Quotes from @simonkjaer1989 on #LFC were false.

Quotes were fabricated by the Turkish press.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:25 pm

As someone who has studied journalism and has connections within the industry I can tell you that these "fabricated" comments usually turn out to be comments which are made on the understanding that they will be "off the record". Something similar happened to Sterling's agent.

You can tell when they are fabricated because either the newspaper prints an apology or the person who made the comments sues them and everyone who reprints them. I'll be looking out for a letter through the door but I won't hold my breath.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:05 am

There's so much wrong with Alex Song being looked at by Chelsea and Man City. Laughing
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:29 am

At £5million and both in desperate need of home grown players it's a logical deal in my opinion.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:38 am

Cech to Arsenal looking pretty much done. Brilliant signing, if so. Would love him at Liverpool.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:58 am

Keyser Söze wrote:At £5million and both in desperate need of home grown players it's a logical deal in my opinion.

It's logical, yes. But it's still fucking nuts.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:46 am

Apparently Cech has completed his move to Arsenal.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:48 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:At £5million and both in desperate need of home grown players it's a logical deal in my opinion.

Just goes to show the state of home grown players. Either they are shit, overpiced or Alex Song.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:06 am

Stranger wrote:Apparently Cech has completed his move to Arsenal.

If he'd completed his signing it would have been announced on the Arsenal FC website and BBC Sport.  You wouldn't need to say "apparently".  I fucking hate how people write any old shit after apparently because they read it on Goal.com, then expect the person who read it to go and look it up themselves.  Fuck you.

If it does go through, which is looking likely, I expect he'll be a great signing for them.  It eliminates Arsenal's second biggest weakness from the last ten years or so.  Maybe with him they can finally win something other than an Emirates Cup.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:16 am

or an FA cup.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:31 am

Theo Filippo wrote:or an FA cup.

Rolling Eyes Pedant.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:35 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    The Zlatan wrote:

Just goes to show the state of home grown players. Either they are shit, overpiced or Alex Song.
    Makes me a bit more gr8ful for the 'British Core'.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:39 am

You walked right into that one Laughing
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:48 am

Scott_LFC wrote:

Had no idea about that sponsorship deal. Laughing 

But regardless of the fact that it's called the Emirates FA cup next year doesn't change anything, otherwise Liverpool fans could boast that they have won 19 premier leagues.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:53 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Had no idea about that sponsorship deal. Laughing 

But regardless of the fact that it's called the Emirates FA cup next year doesn't change anything, otherwise Liverpool fans could boast that they have won 19 premier leagues.

Eighteen, and they couldn't, because the Football League Division One continues to operate to this day, being renamed in the mid 2000s to the Championship, Liverpool chose to leave that competition in 1992 but it continued to exist and they still won that, rather than the Premier League which is a new competition.  They can, however, claim to have won the Championship eighteen times, because that's the current name of the competition, just as they can claim to have won the Capital One Cup eight times.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:05 am

It's alright. We can say we've won the Champions League five times and therefore have a genuine European Cup in our trophy cabinet instead of replicas. (Well, we still have 4 replicas but you get my point).
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:50 am

Scott_LFC wrote:It's alright. We can say we've won the Champions League five times and therefore have a genuine European Cup in our trophy cabinet instead of replicas. (Well, we still have 4 replicas but you get my point).
    We can't say that.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:25 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:It's alright. We can say we've won the Champions League five times and therefore have a genuine European Cup in our trophy cabinet instead of replicas. (Well, we still have 4 replicas but you get my point).
    We can't say that.

The important bit was having a genuine European Cup in our cabinet, but whatever.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:36 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:
    We can't say that.

The important bit was having a genuine European Cup in our cabinet, but whatever.
    I know.  It's just that whenever I watch a match, the commentators assure me that Liverpool fans are known for being some of the most intelligent football fans around, and I'll be Jolly Rogered if that reputation disintegrates because I fail to speak out.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:23 am

Firmino to Liverpool stories really picking up the pace. Hopefully we can pull it off. We haven't made a genuinely exciting signing like that for a good while now.

Still haunted by the Costa, Willian, Mkhitaryan and Konoplyanka transfer sagas, so it's hard to get my hopes up completely.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:58 am

Costa is the only decent one you missed out on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 4:39 am