Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
ResurrectionRooney
Emma
Mal
Kuled
VivaRonaldoLAD
vel
Drake
Keyser Söze
ayvee1
Moose
Yrael
Jordi
RubyArmyCTFC
Dagbon
Scuba Steve
Stranger
SophisticatedBeggar
Ra's al Ghul
Theo Filippo
The Zlatan
Forest
FCB
Jordan Henderchip
El_indian
Childish Logic
Scott_LFC
Free_Mustache_Rides
31 posters

Chat Thread

Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Chat Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Chat Thread

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:24 pm

Yrael wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:That's how I found out and I'm pretty sure it is. I remember asking him about a year ago if he was Pakistani because of something he'd posted and he denied it a little too much so I had a feeling he was (or at least Muslim). Then his "FreePalestine" location and the incident when he defended Ozil so fervently for being a sinful Muslim pretty much confirmed it. It seems like adding "7" is his thing and why would you put a name like "Ahmed" if it wasn't yours? It's not a throwaway name like John or Bob, it's fairly specific.
    I'm pretty sure I found his twitter account a few weeks ago.
    Is he as freaky on there as he is on EA? I simply refuse to believe a 18+ year old Ahmed with interests in football can be like this IRL. I think he has repressed homosexual frustrations and he's venting them on EA as relief.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:52 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Exactly, if you're thick, that's exactly what you want, the more elements of random chance you can introduce into the procedure the better.  Making it approach the true mean is the exact opposite of what you want.
    What if you have confidence in your abilities?  Also, are you graded according to a curve/in competition with others?  Also, won't doing the coursework help you learn the material, thereby making it easier for you to succeed on the final?  Your not doing the work will just increase the chance of a negative result on the final.  

@Vel: Mf, I was using rough analogical language.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:56 am

Rei Andros wrote:Not to get all mathy here, but assuming your grades are going to follow a normal distribution is bad. (Even if you make that jump, smaller sample sizes increase the probability of extreme values.) Better to assume that it's a long tailed distribution, and minimize the risk of getting fucked by doing all the coursework. shifty
    Are we dealing with an alcoholic layabout fratboy or an industrious student?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:14 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Exactly, if you're thick, that's exactly what you want, the more elements of random chance you can introduce into the procedure the better.  Making it approach the true mean is the exact opposite of what you want.
    What if you have confidence in your abilities?  Also, are you graded according to a curve/in competition with others?  Also, won't doing the coursework help you learn the material, thereby making it easier for you to succeed on the final?  Your not doing the work will just increase the chance of a negative result on the final.  

@Vel: Mf, I was using rough analogical language.

If you have a normal degree of confidence in your abilities and your performance isn't better in exams than in coursework then yes, you're better off doing the coursework. You'll invariably be graded in comparison with others, if your tutor puts a question that's extremely difficult and everyone does shit they'll boost everyone's grade up or make you all resit, no way would they just proceed with it.

It is true that studying for the coursework will probably help you succeed in the exam. Handing it in is what I'm talking about though.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:18 am

RR is retarded Laughing
    I read the first 3 words of his posts and I already know it's going to be shit
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:04 am

vel wrote:RR is retarded Laughing

You're the fuckwit who comes on here crying about how he's going to fail his course, I've never failed a course, I've never failed an exam, I've never failed a test and I never will. All I sought to do in posting on this subject was to help someone who is beneath me and reassure you that it might not be that bad. The truth is that you probably will fail, and even if you do get lucky and scrape by, you lack the intelligence and character to be successful anyway.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:19 am

Yeah, I knew that was coming. Vel awakened the beast.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:33 am

Ouch.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:40 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    vel wrote:RR is retarded Laughing

You're the fuckwit who comes on here crying about how he's going to fail his course, I've never failed a course, I've never failed an exam, I've never failed a test and I never will.  All I sought to do in posting on this subject was to help someone who is beneath me and reassure you that it might not be that bad.  The truth is that you probably will fail, and even if you do get lucky and scrape by, you lack the intelligence and character to be successful anyway.
    lol look at this nerd
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:46 am

Chat Thread - Page 16 Db0

this is me rn
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:28 am

More like your whole life lol
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:28 am

bullets
    Yrael
    Yrael

Post by Yrael Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:36 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Yrael wrote:
    Is he as freaky on there as he is on EA? I simply refuse to believe a 18+ year old Ahmed with interests in football can be like this IRL. I think he has repressed homosexual frustrations and he's venting them on EA as relief.    
    I didn't spend too long looking but all he seems to do is retweet other people rather than tweeting anything of his own.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:16 am

Yrael wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:
    I didn't spend too long looking but all he seems to do is retweet other people rather than tweeting anything of his own.
    What's his username?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:24 am

Great song & scene.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:44 am

I actually watched that a few days ago. Excellent film. Had a few good songs in it, I liked the final dance scene one, the clubs montage one and the one they played during the montage of him, the teacher a Herman hanging out together.

Also, the OR they line was so good Laughing
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:21 pm

Ooh La La by The Faces is the one from the dance scene, it's another of my favourite songs.  I think Wesley Anderson and I could have been best friends in another life.

Oh, and the clubs one is Making Time by The Creation, another classic. not worthy
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:49 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Yrael wrote:

You'd be surprised what an 18 year old can believe. Hell, i know 30+ year olds who believe the Ribery + co were all lies, something along the lines of the stories were made up because they are Muslim.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:03 pm

Protesters getting gassed by police on the other side of campus.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:42 pm

SBSP wrote:Protesters getting gassed by police on the other side of campus.

What are they protesting?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:22 pm

Michael Brown/Eric Garner.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:07 pm

They annoy me, those protests. US police might be a bit trigger happy and the US certainly has a big inequality problem, but belligerent 6'4" 20 stone criminals being put down while resisting arrest isn't an expression of it.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:05 am

I can see where that sentiment comes from regarding Michael Brown, but Eric Garner wasn't exactly threatening anyone.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:19 am

Thing I don't agree with in regards to the Eric Garner one is people making it about race. Police brutality, maybe, but race? Not for me Clive.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:51 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:They annoy me, those protests.  US police might be a bit trigger happy and the US certainly has a big inequality problem, but belligerent 6'4" 20 stone criminals being put  down while resisting arrest isn't an expression of it.
    The other annoying thing is the groupthink (I think that's the term, I took psychology 4 years ago so go easy on me). It's just so trendy to attend these protests and post about how you are going to a "die-in." I doubt the majority feel that strongly about this, and the minority have just deluded themselves into thinking that they are part of a repeat of the 1960s Civil Rights movement.

Keyser Söze wrote:Thing I don't agree with in regards to the Eric Garner one is people making it about race. Police brutality, maybe, but race? Not for me Clive.
    rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:56 am

SBSP wrote:I can see where that sentiment comes from regarding Michael Brown, but Eric Garner wasn't exactly threatening anyone.

He was resisting arrest. It's unfortunate he was killed but shit happens, the police needed to subdue him.

Keyser Söze wrote:Thing I don't agree with in regards to the Eric Garner one is people making it about race. Police brutality, maybe, but race? Not for me Clive.

I don't actually think any of it's about race, it's about class inequality.  I doubt poor white kids from the same area as Michael Brown would fare any better than him in the same situation.

Glen Miller wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:They annoy me, those protests.  US police might be a bit trigger happy and the US certainly has a big inequality problem, but belligerent 6'4" 20 stone criminals being put  down while resisting arrest isn't an expression of it.
    The other annoying thing is the groupthink (I think that's the term, I took psychology 4 years ago so go easy on me).  It's just so trendy to attend these protests and post about how you are going to a "die-in."  I doubt the majority feel that strongly about this, and the minority have just deluded themselves into thinking that they are part of a repeat of the 1960s Civil Rights movement.

People like being in groups and getting outraged, no question, it reminds me of the riots we had in the UK after Mark Duggan was killed by police.  It starts out with a protest against a specific thing (ie. your scumbag mate/fellow gang member getting what's coming to him) then expands to a massive often violent protest against literally everything people from certain social strata disagree with or don't understand.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:01 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I don't actually think any of it's about race, it's about class inequality.  I doubt poor white kids from the same area as Michael Brown would fare any better than him in the same situation.

I don't think either should be about race too. I'm just saying that maybe in the Garner case the police were a little forceful. They weren't to know had had some sort of heart condition but I read that it's against NYP regulations to use a choke hold. With Brown he got what he had coming to him.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:11 am

I think the main moral we can take from this story is that if you have a heart condition you probably shouldn't resist arrest.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:23 am

Laughing I fucking love The Boondocks
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:12 am

My company is stupid. If I travel to a different city for work, they compensate me for the mileage at $0.565 a mile. I went from Tampa to Orlando a few weeks ago and they paid me $90 for a trip that cost me no more than $20 in gas. Next week I'll be going to Pensacola and I'll be making a net of over $400.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:57 pm